Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Has anyone been on room 10010 ?? We are family of 4 ,2 adults and two children 9 & 6? What is it like ?

Almost the same question and demographics.. kids are 7 and 10! The rooms available to us for the promo (which is too good to pass) are 10010 and 10014. Is the balcony, even though partially enclosed, too uncomfortable to sit in? The only times I think we will be out there will be in the early morning and in the evening after kids turn in. What is living space size?

Thank you for all your input as it is truly appreciated!

Almost the same question and demographics.. kids are 7 and 10! The rooms available to us for the promo (which is too good to pass) are 10010 and 10014. Is the balcony, even though partially enclosed, too uncomfortable to sit in? The only times I think we will be out there will be in the early morning and in the evening after kids turn in. What is living space size?

Thank you for all your input as it is truly appreciated!

Answered on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2154692&page=7

Pete

Hi,

I just booked MSC Divina connecting cabins, 9124 and 9126.

Could you please let me know the size, balcony position ( is the view blocked or affected by lifeboats)and if there's bathtub or not? I was previously booked in 10152 and 10154 but they were not connected and I have two kids so I had to change.

Thanks so much.

Hi,

I just booked MSC Divina connecting cabins, 9124 and 9126.

Could you please let me know the size, balcony position ( is the view blocked or affected by lifeboats)and if there's bathtub or not? I was previously booked in 10152 and 10154 but they were not connected and I have two kids so I had to change.

Thanks so much.

They are192 sq. ft. (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) 42 sq. ft balcony with plexiglass.

they don't look directly onto a life boat but you will see the top of a lifeboat when looking down.

They don't have bath tubs just showers.

They are just about in the centre of the forward recess so will have the least limited views of all the balconies in the recess.

You will of course be able to open the outer third of the balcony divider and have a large family sized balcony.

nice pair of adjoining cabins

Pete

Any lifeboats below? Plexiglass balcony? Thanks[emoji106]

There are lifeboats below ALL cabins in the two recessed areas and the middle hump. this is common with many more modern cruise ships.

Yes it's a plexiglass balcony

Pete

There are lifeboats below ALL cabins in the two recessed areas and the middle hump. this is common with many more modern cruise ships.

Are you referring to MSC, or the cruise industry in general. We recently booked NCL Epic - disappointed that lifeboats hang over the edge of the ship, blocking downward views from above. Granted, my cruising history over the past 10 years has been limited to two cruise lines (ships built in 2010, 2012 , 1998 and 1999). None of the ships had life boats hanging over the edge of the ship / blocking views.

Steven

Are you referring to MSC, or the cruise industry in general. We recently booked NCL Epic - disappointed that lifeboats hang over the edge of the ship, blocking downward views from above. Granted, my cruising history over the past 10 years has been limited to two cruise lines (ships built in 2010, 2012 , 1998 and 1999). None of the ships had life boats hanging over the edge of the ship / blocking views.

Steven

I mean ships with recessed areas like the VISTA class ships

I just saw this thread about MSC cabins, I'm going in Dec on the Divina can someone please give me information on cabin 11227. Like inside cabin size, balcony size, if it has a sofa and what is near the balcony the sofa or the bed.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Beth

I just saw this thread about MSC cabins, I'm going in Dec on the Divina can someone please give me information on cabin 11227. Like inside cabin size, balcony size, if it has a sofa and what is near the balcony the sofa or the bed.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Beth

You have a "Small" balcony cabin on the central hump.

It is 148 sq. ft. ( 124 living area; 24 bathroom) with a balcony of 34 sq. ft.

It comes with the "Bella" experience, this is true of these size of cabin on decks 9, 10, 11. The same size cabins on decks 12 and 13 are "Fantastica".

For comparison a standard balcony is 192 sq. ft.( 168 living; 24 bath) with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

As far as I am aware it does not have a sofa but it has two chairs which are closer to the balcony than the bed.

With the exception of most balcony cabins on deck 8 ( limited fields of view) and 8 cabins on deck 9 ( deep in the rear recessed area), all the standard balcony cabins are "Fantastica" experience.

So to go to a bigger cabin will involve upgrading to "Fantastica" or having limited views on a deck 8 location.

Hope this is helpful

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you so much for the information, If I'm going to have a balcony, I would prefer a balcony I can sit down at, instead of just looking out the sliding glass doors. Can you tell me which cabins on deck 8 or 9 have the bigger balconies even if they have limited views.

Beth

Thank you so much for the information, If I'm going to have a balcony, I would prefer a balcony I can sit down at, instead of just looking out the sliding glass doors. Can you tell me which cabins on deck 8 or 9 have the bigger balconies even if they have limited views.

Beth

Assuming you want a "Bella" cabin.

YOUR PRESENT BALCONY 34 sq. ft. (approx. 9 inches less from door to plexiglass than a standard balcony)

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12.jpg

ALL DECK 8 BALCONY CABINS are "BELLA"

All the balcony cabins on deck 8 have 42 sq.ft. balconies.

those on the front hump have "in-hull" steel balconies

Those in the recessed area have lifeboats at balcony level

Those on the rear hump have no problems except 9259 and higher numbers have steel balconies

Deck 9 BELLA BALCONY CABINS

9211 and 9214 are Handicap cabins.

the others are 9213/9215/9216/9219/9218/2020

DECK 8 with lifeboat

dedck%208%20balcony.jpg

STEEL BALCONY

balconyinhull.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

What about cabin 12123?

Thanks!

I could say "What about it?" but I assume you want some info.

It's a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft.(168 living ; 24 bathroom) with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

As it is on deck 12 in the recessed area it will be affected somewhat by the deck 14 overhang. It's views fore and aft will only be limited by a small amount as it is near the centre of the recess.

It has connecting doors to 12125 so noise could be an issue

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hopefully the last question, I know you are probably tried of checking on cabins, but in your opinion which would be the better balcony 8084, 8210 or 8214?

Thank you,

Beth

None of them is very good; 8210 and 8214 are going to be much more in the shadows than 8084 as they are in the rear recess.

8084 and 8210 are both up against a hump wall and will have only 90 degree fields of view. 8214 has the best view

so definitely the worst is 8210 and it's a close run thing for which is the best of the other two, but if I had to choose between them I would put 8084 just marginally ahead of 8214. but that is a personal choice based on the more open feel of the longer recessed area.

You'll also notice that the life boats in the rear recess are slightly larger than the others and carried higher so will impinge on the views that bit more

Here's where they are

divina%20deck%208.jpg

Pete

I could say "What about it?" but I assume you want some info.

It's a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft.(168 living ; 24 bathroom) with a balcony of 42 sq. ft.

As it is on deck 12 in the recessed area it will be affected somewhat by the deck 14 overhang. It's views fore and aft will only be limited by a small amount as it is near the centre of the recess.

It has connecting doors to 12125 so noise could be an issue

Pete

Yes, more info, sorry about that. but you provided all I really needed/wanted. My choices were limited by the time I booked.

Thank you Pete!

Do you have stats for cabin #16034? Thank you in advance.

This is one of the larger "Square" YC 1 cabins and is 344 sq. ft. ( for comparison the normal YC 1 is 280 sq. ft., with at 33 sq. ft. bathroom )

I have to assume that the bathroom is the same size in 16034.

The balcony is in the order of 90 sq. ft. as against 61 sq. ft. for the normal YC1 cabin.

There most probably will be some overhead noise in the morning as the crew set up the "one deck" deck 18.

NB there is no deck 17 due to the Italian superstition about the number 17, a bit like our number 13. So deck 16 is directly below deck 18.

AS well as the being no deck 17 there are no cabins that have a cabin number ending with 017, or 117, or 217 eg 9017, 11117, 13217

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Cruiseguy would you mind ? 10249 :):)

It is a standard balcony cabin

192 sq. ft.; 168 sq. ft. Living area with a 24 sq. ft. Bath room. The balcony is 42 sq. ft.

It has uninterrupted views in all directions, including down to the water.

It is close to a rear bank of lifts which gives easy access to the MDRs. It will be a bit of a hike to get to the theatre

It should also be reasonably quiet with regard to footfall past the cabin.

It may get some vibration androids when the stern thrusters are used during docking.

Overall a good cabin in a good location

Pete

Skier, What can you tell me about 16033 and 16035 in the Yacht Club on Divina? What do you think the blank white space next to 16035 on the deck plan will be? Also, will be the view be restricted from the 16035 balcony. Thanks!!

Opps, I just did a search and see from another of your postings you don't know what the white space is. Oh, well, guess I will just have to find out the next time on Divina.

Edited by Cruisergal1208