British Isles, Here I Come!

Travlin grrl

This will be our second cruise. I just joined the roll call and figured out how to do the "countdown clock". Yea! A lot of planning to do and am thankful for all the reviews on here. My DH and 2 teens will be spending a few days in London pre cruise. I can hardly wait!

This will be our second cruise. I just joined the roll call and figured out how to do the "countdown clock". Yea! A lot of planning to do and am thankful for all the reviews on here. My DH and 2 teens will be spending a few days in London pre cruise. I can hardly wait!

Enjoy your cruise!

Any tips let me know.

Best tip, is to read Delorean Girls review. You will find it a few page probably. I'm from the UK, and even I'd use it for info if I were doing a Round UK cruise.

Edited by newport dave

Very exciting !!

We are on the May 23 British Isle Cruise.

Best advice.... Get to know your fellow cruisers on Roll Call and link up with them on private tours. Princess charges ridiculous prices. Also, we purchased most of our tickets,ie, castles, HOHO buses, Beatles Experience, Titanic Experience on line. Didn't want to waste time standing in line. Also eliminates a lot of foreign currency to bring.

This cruise has been on my bucket list for years, and my husband is treating me for my 65th birthday ! I am so excited and I know you are too !! :D

Edited by scrapycruiser

Very exciting !!

We are on the May 23 British Isle Cruise.

Best advice.... Get to know your fellow cruisers on Roll Call and link up with them on private tours. Princess charges ridiculous prices. Also, we purchased most of our tickets,ie, castles, HOHO buses, Beatles Experience, Titanic Experience on line. Didn't want to waste time standing in line. Also eliminates a lot of foreign currency to bring.

This cruise has been on my bucket list for years, and my husband is treating me for my 65th birthday ! I am so excited and I know you are too !! :D

My hubby and I are on the August 15th British Isles Cruise. I hope after yours' you'll post a review.

I will take notes and report back early June. To give you a heads up, here are some of our plans :

London, 2 nights prior to British Isle Cruise, Princess Ruby

Hotel - Park Plaza, County Hall

Princess transfer to Southampton from Victoria Coach Station

LeHavre- CC Roll Call private tour to Giverny ,Monet's home & gardens and Rouen ( Joan of Arc, medieval town )

Edinburgh- DIY , Royal Mile... Edinburgh Castle, Peoples Museum, Holyrood, St Margaret's Close

Invergordon - WOW Scotland tour, Cawder Castle, Inverness, sheep dogs

Belfast- Titanic Experience ! & pm city tour

Dublin - CC Roll Call private tour & lunch at McNeills Pub

Glasgow- Discover Scotland Tour, Sterling Castle,etc

Cork - eCoach Tour, Blarney, Cork, Kinsale

Liverpool - DIY , Yellow HOHO bus, Albert Dock-Beatles Experience, The Cavern,etc

Guernsey- DIY , local bus 7a around the island

Hope this gives you some ideas :D

I will take notes and report back early June. :D

We have private tours with others on our roll call in most ports. Our cruise includes the Tattoo in Edinburgh, but it's from the Glasgow port. We're doing that one through Princess. My husband is golfing in Glasgow/Greenock and at St. Andrews while in Edinburgh. From which port are you going to Liverpool?

We have private tours with others on our roll call in most ports. Our cruise includes the Tattoo in Edinburgh, but it's from the Glasgow port. We're doing that one through Princess. My husband is golfing in Glasgow/Greenock and at St. Andrews while in Edinburgh. From which port are you going to Liverpool?

We actually dock in Liverpool.

I see by your post that you are taking a Princess transfer to Southhampton from Victoria Station. I didn't realize that was an option. We will be in London for a few days prior to our July cruise and thought we had to go back to Heathrow in order to take a Princess transfer. Do you know whether or not Victoria Station is the only other place to catch the transfer? And will it get you to Southhampton fairly early? Thanks for any more info you can provide!

Best tip, is to read Delorean Girls review. You will find it a few page probably. I'm from the UK, and even I'd use it for info if I were doing a Round UK cruise.

Ha I've read Delorean girls review a few times. In fact my favorite page is page 7. That's how much I've read it. And I keep going back!