miami airport and suntan lotion

hlfrps

Not only suntan lotion... It looks like there's a Walgreen's right outside the port. Easy enough to stop there for soft drinks, wine, sunscreen and other liquids?

Thinking even $5 for a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi will keep DH happy for a couple of days.

Can anyone confirm that there is, in fact, an easy stop for those of us in cabs from MIA airport?

You will probably find it at one of their general stores. I have seen it while browsing. You will find it on the ship as well. And of course at the ports of call. Choice of spf's and brands will vary.

Edited by eandj

Can anyone confirm that there is, in fact, an easy stop for those of us in cabs from MIA airport?

There are several stores near the port including a CVS. You actually might want to stop on the way rather than wait till getting downtown. Might be easier. Decide if the wait fee for the cab is worth the purchases.

didn't really want to stop between airport and ship. went ahead and found at bed, bath and beyond, travel size for carryon. Course was $3.99 per 4 oz. but hey, had the 20% coupon:)

Not only suntan lotion... It looks like there's a Walgreen's right outside the port. Easy enough to stop there for soft drinks, wine, sunscreen and other liquids?

Thinking even $5 for a 12-pack of Diet Pepsi will keep DH happy for a couple of days.

How "right outside" is it to the port? Im in need of a case of water, but don't want to be carrying it, plus luggage 1/4 mile to the port! In San Juan, you could buy it in the port building. Is it the same in Miami?

How "right outside" is it to the port? Im in need of a case of water, but don't want to be carrying it, plus luggage 1/4 mile to the port! In San Juan, you could buy it in the port building. Is it the same in Miami?

Nope - a long, hot and not exactly safe walk. You could cab it for about $20 round-trip -- for that price I'd enjoy the water (and maybe some bourbon) on the ship!

found at bed, bath and beyond, travel size for carryon. Course was $3.99 per 4 oz.

Airline limits are 3oz/100ml, not 4oz. Sure would stink if the airline inspectors pulled it for being a too large, after all that extra shopping.

The comment right outside the port was misleading. The CVS is over a mile from the port. I have walked it with my wife and it is actually safe but would,d. Ver do it with luggage. Or the day I was embarking or disembarking the ship. I would have done what the original poster has done and that would be to purchase a travel size or a other either option is to purchase it at the Miami Airport.

Keith

Stop at a store if you are taking a cab. Decide if the wait charge is worth having the water with you. You can always bring some on at the ports too. Water on the ship is very safe to drink. Lots just carry on a bottle and refill onboard the ship when needed.

Forget walking to the port with the water and buying cases at the port.

Airline limits are 3oz/100ml, not 4oz. Sure would stink if the airline inspectors pulled it for being a too large, after all that extra shopping.

Good point! OP if you bought a 4oz container, it's too big.

I personally buy containers that are under 3.4 oz (which is the actual limit, because it's 100ml and that's what other countries use), that are MARKED with that measurement, and decant sunscreen from a bigger bottle into them. I've been known to have one entire 311 baggie filled with those tubes. No issues at all.

Thanks, I was asking about airport as we did not want to stop anywhere or buy on the ship.

Although I do not like traveling through MIA . . . I have to admit that airport has one of the widest varieties of "stuff" that I've seen in an airport.

I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if you didn't run into a giftshop and see Suntan Lotion. I mean that stuff is like chewing gum to tourist arriving at Miami. Expect it to be expensive, but then again, suntan lotion is expensive anyways.

I'd guess one of those Hudson News stores would do the trick and they also have a Navarro pharmacy but I'd do some research to see where it's located in comparison to your flight.

I will repeat, the answer to your question is yes. Thousands of passengers pass through MIA daily on their way to one of the world's most famous beaches. I would be greatly surprised if MIA stores sold less than 100 bottles/day.