Fresh off Allure

Hello to you, wish your cruise went longer....

Few questions (some I ask everybody because I get different answers)

1- Did you find your cabin to be warm in the middle of the night or was it nice and cool?

2- What was your favorite place to have lunch and why?

3- Being that I have to be both dairy and gluten free, for lunch I like meat carvings, vegetables, salads, potatoes, where would the best place for me to go for lunch be?

4- What was your favorite place to have breakfast and why?

5- Did you do any specialty dining, if so, how was it?

6- Did the ship feel too crowded?

7- What was your favorite thing (anything) on this ship and your least favorite thing?

Hi there--

Did you have the option to purchase the Allure Specialty Dining Packages at all? I believe it's called the Allure Choice Dining package, or something like it, where you pay X amount and get to dine at 3 or 4 specialty restaurants at a lower cost than if you booked each one separately.

Thanks!

Jaredgold33- We didn't even look for the package, don't recall seeing it when we booked our dining reservations. We not interested in the dining package only because we figure not having the dining package perhaps we get a better table or have priority in booking the restaurants/times. I also don't want to be limited to which restaurants and how many times we can go there...although I don't know anything about the dining package, I know of it that there is a discounted rate, paying a few dollars more is fine with us.

Actually, if you have the package they are forced to fit you in since you have paid in advance. This only really matters late in the cruise when spots tend to be harder to get in the more popular restaurants. You may end up outside if you wait to book, but you will get a table.

I pre booked the package for this same cruise (have used the same package before) and like it.

You use the same reservation system so there is no difference. You can book your times using the tv just like without the package. I don't think the hosts even know that you have the package unless you mention it. The waiters have to specifically check when doing your bill as well, although Izumi was the only place where my waiter forgot to check.

Jaredgold33- We didn't even look for the package, don't recall seeing it when we booked our dining reservations. We not interested in the dining package only because we figure not having the dining package perhaps we get a better table or have priority in booking the restaurants/times. I also don't want to be limited to which restaurants and how many times we can go there...although I don't know anything about the dining package, I know of it that there is a discounted rate, paying a few dollars more is fine with us.

For anyone interested, I'll be posting the Compasses for this cruise tomorrow when I get into work and scan them.

I have the same glowing review as the author of this post. Only sad note (although kudos to Royal) is that it looks like the desserts on Chops are now all made on board, including the Red Velvet cake. The cake was good, but I'll bet it is about half the size of the "old" one which was made by a third party (the name escapes me, although I did post it in a thread a few months back).

Also, the waiters in the Samba Grill couldn't (wouldn't?) get me a beer. With no bar nearby open late I guess it would be difficult for them to do since they are always serving meat.

Wow. Thank you! I have been looking everywhere. I just noticed that the run times are listed at the bottom. Any suggestions as to which shows are a "must see" and/or which ones aren't so great?? I really enjoy the comedians, but to my understanding I can only go to one comedy show per sailing?? On carnival I go a few times per sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. Thank you! I have been looking everywhere. I just noticed that the run times are listed at the bottom. Any suggestions as to which shows are a "must see" and/or which ones aren't so great?? I really enjoy the comedians, but to my understanding I can only go to one comedy show per sailing?? On carnival I go a few times per sailing.

All the comedy shows are the same comedians doing the same shows, with minor variations due to audience participation. You can go more than once, but you can only have one reservation, so you'll have to stand in the stand-by line when you don't have a reservation.

Edited by clarea

Actually, if you have the package they are forced to fit you in since you have paid in advance. This only really matters late in the cruise when spots tend to be harder to get in the more popular restaurants. You may end up outside if you wait to book, but you will get a table.

I pre booked the package for this same cruise (have used the same package before) and like it.

You use the same reservation system so there is no difference. You can book your times using the tv just like without the package. I don't think the hosts even know that you have the package unless you mention it. The waiters have to specifically check when doing your bill as well, although Izumi was the only place where my waiter forgot to check.

How were you able to book the dining package? I checked online under where you can pre-book specialty restaurants individually but I couldn't find anything regarding purchasing the packages in advance.

We sailed the Allure in August and it was filled to capacity. The only time we felt crowded was when waiting for an elevator to get off on an island. Even then, the wait was probably less than 5 minutes. Also, the day of sailing, we had a party of 10 and the line to have lunch in the Windjammer was also really long, but the wait was less than 10 minutes. Also, if you want good seats to see the parade, get there early, the good seats fill up quickly It's amazing how the crew gets thousands of people around the ship, with very little wait time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums