Scenic Oceanview...uh not so "scenic"

t1adams

Who do I send an email and pic to about a SOV room that wasn't even close to nicely "scenic?" It not only had two huge cracks both up and down and straight across the entire length and width of the wall length window, but also had a "giant flying dinosaur bird" splash white nasty poop all across half the window (disgusting!) on day two of our 7night cruise. Each and every day we nicely asked if they could please wipe the window from the outside (yes there's a bridge for workers only). I even offered at one point to go out there and do it myself. My family and I couldn't even enjoy our view. Makes me sad. No pics (like we had before on The Valor). So, this said, who should I email and send the pics to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

post up the pics here so we can all see. I'd go over to john healds facebook page and post it there. since so many here think he is godly maybe he can help you out or at least push you in the correct direction.

I would advise you send an email with the pics to guest relations. I also have an email of someone in customer resolutions (I think that's the name of the dept) that helped me out last year. You can email me @ cruizinisthebest at g mail dot com.

I have had a scenic oceanview room booked since forever and would be thoroughly disappointed if the view was obstructed for the majority of my trip; especially from bird crap. They should have cleaned it off while in port. The whole point of those rooms is the view.

Who do I send an email and pic to about a SOV room that wasn't even close to nicely "scenic?" It not only had two huge cracks both up and down and straight across the entire length and width of the wall length window....

You are saying that the window is broken? :eek: what cabin is that? I hope that fix it soon. I am sorry you experienced this. Our windows were nice and clean. Did you have the ones that were angled, like the pictures below, or was this one of the 4 that are straight across? That was not cool at all.

It was room 9199. It's one of the straight front windows. I'll see if I can upload the pic. It's my mobile phone I'm using. I'm trying!!! It's here on this phone but can't figure it out. Help! I do wanna show you guys.

We had this happen one time coming out of Tampa. (About 10 or 12 years ago) I asked each day. The said they were going to clean it at every port and never did.

The last day of the cruise they gave us a 10% off our next sailing voucher.

That made me happy. I booked a balcony with it and have never booked anything else since. LOL Well I did book a suite once or twice..

Edited by rawley2

Okay I figured it. If you click on the pic and scroll in close you can see the horizontal crack all the way across the glass but the vertical one isn't showing. Must be the glare. But it's there!

[ATTACH]308679[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308680[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308681[/ATTACH]

The one I got the 10% off for was much, much worst than this. You basically could not see out of it.

The one I got the 10% off for was much, much worst than this. You basically could not see out of it.

Really??? A giant crack AND bird poop totally covering your window eh? Wow, that's astonishing.

Did they even have scenic Oceanview rooms 12 years ago? I heard these are pretty new to the line (rebuilt captain suites).

I am not sure what it was called. It had a dirty window is all I remember.

Wow really? I don't see how this was worth the time to complain. Birds are going to poop. How is that Carnival's fault?

The bird poop is not Carnival's fault. Their failure to clean the window is... OP This should have been taken care of in my opinion especially if you asked as you said you did. They had enough time to rectify the situation and clean the window. I too would be upset if I booked this room and it had bird poop on it.

Did they even have scenic Oceanview rooms 12 years ago? I heard these are pretty new to the line (rebuilt captain suites).

Yes, they had them back then, just not at the front of the ship. On Triumph & Conquest class ships, the rooms that are now Deck 11 balconies used to be scenic OV rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. We had one booked for the Conquest in 2008, but when the Conquest went into drydock before our sailing, they got converted to regular ordinary balconies. All of those ships had those converted to balconies. Liberty was the last one to have those converted, less than 3 years ago. People were not happy about losing those unique rooms, and there were plenty of complaints. So Carnival started converting those rooms at the front of the ship on deck 9 to these scenic OV rooms. Valor was the first to get them, in either late 2010 or early 2011. I do like them better in the front, as the view out the front of the ship is so much nicer than a side view.

Edited by k2excursion

The bird poop is not Carnival's fault. Their failure to clean the window is... OP This should have been taken care of in my opinion especially if you asked as you said you did. They had enough time to rectify the situation and clean the window. I too would be upset if I booked this room and it had bird poop on it.

Thank you for explaining to the cheerleader, the obvious. Hahaha. The cracked window all the way across in both directions was also annoying. But, we were willing to try and pretend that wasn't there. I wish (I could have gotten that in the pic. Just too much glare for it to show up.). But the bird poop put me over the edge into dissatisfaction when they kept making excuses for not removing it.

I would not have been happy to see bird poop on the window all week. Yuck. It really would be nauseating.

You'd think they would have found some time during the week to clean it. I would complain as well.

:cool: First world problems :cool:

Well this is a first world message board about a first world form of vacation, ok?

Inexcusable that they didn't send someone out to wipe it down. You can clearly see the railing. Clearly it was accessible. As far as the cracks, obviously it's not so easy to replace an entire window but I'm sure it's scheduled for replacement. I would be far more worried that the window would give in during a gale.

It's nice that they compensated you but I would still be dissatisfied.

Well this is a first world message board about a first world form of vacation, ok?

Inexcusable that they didn't send someone out to wipe it down. You can clearly see the railing. Clearly it was accessible. As far as the cracks, obviously it's not so easy to replace an entire window but I'm sure it's scheduled for replacement. I would be far more worried that the window would give in during a gale.

Awww, come on, lighten up, it was supposed to be a chuckle, not an insult. ;)

Everyone has their own take on what "makes" or "breaks" their cruise. If bird poop on the window was a "breaker" for the OP that's a shame. There's a great big ship with tons of things to do, food everywhere, beautiful ports, excursions, shows, and on and on and on.

And getting monetary compensation for it was a nice added bonus.

Originally, I thought...what's the big deal?

But I would have booked that cabin for the view. That's what it's advertised as. Scenic Ocean View.

So then I imagined myself in the cabin, eating my room service, looking at the beautiful view and seeing bird crap while I'm eating. Nasty.

Yep...birds will crap. Never know where it will land.

But it should have been cleaned after the first request.

Who do I send an email and pic to about a SOV room that wasn't even close to nicely "scenic?" It not only had two huge cracks both up and down and straight across the entire length and width of the wall length window, but also had a "giant flying dinosaur bird" splash white nasty poop all across half the window (disgusting!) on day two of our 7night cruise. Each and every day we nicely asked if they could please wipe the window from the outside (yes there's a bridge for workers only). I even offered at one point to go out there and do it myself. My family and I couldn't even enjoy our view. Makes me sad. No pics (like we had before on The Valor). So, this said, who should I email and send the pics to?

Somebody mentioned compensation (10%) so a problem window, but that was not you, correct?

Your right, they should get a free cruise for a dirty window....:confused: