Celebrity Drops Prices on Med Cruises

Mac4YYZ

Just put a deposit on a 7 night Eastern Med from Venice on Silhouette departing Aug 17,2014

• Balcony Guarantee $999
  • Free Classic Bev Package
  • Free Gratuities
  • $200 OBC
  • Free Dinner for 2 in a Specialty Resto

That is a hot deal.

Problem is- airfare from where I live is at least $1300 and for a non-stop flight to VCE from Philadelphia... it's $1500- $1600 pp. More than the cruise

I found charter airfare from Toronto for C$1200. There has to be charters from JFK or something relatively cheap. Check Flight Hub.

I found charter airfare from Toronto for C$1200. There has to be charters from JFK or something relatively cheap. Check Flight Hub.

try Norwegian Air - you may have to take a flight from Oslo or Copenhagen but you can fly return for about 600 - 800

Problem is- airfare from where I live is at least $1300 and for a non-stop flight to VCE from Philadelphia... it's $1500- $1600 pp. More than the cruise

Why don't you check out choiceair.com? We are coming home from Rome, to Phoenix, next month and we are paying $590 p.p. on British Air. I can't imagine that Venice would be a whole lot more. On Choice Air, you get to pick your flight.

Yes definitely look at choice air. I booked my flights jfk to vce through choice air.......both one way tickets. I saved over $300 pp doing it that way. Flying on delta........I am taking the cruise on the 24th. Flight is the most expensive part of the trip!!

Yes definitely look at choice air. I booked my flights jfk to vce through choice air.......both one way tickets. I saved over $300 pp doing it that way. Flying on delta........I am taking the cruise on the 24th. Flight is the most expensive part of the trip!!
I agree. People (at least on CC) focus way too much on the base cruise price.

When flying in for a cruise, the cruise cost is usually a third of the total vacation cost.

The vacation total must include Air, pre or post hotel cost, transportation (including parking or rental costs),

and total purchases on and off board .

Air has always been similar to the cost of the base cruise cost , usually more ! :mad:

We have done well with choice air as well. It is important to check other sources as well as choice air though.

Edited by richstowe

Hi klrcruises

I see we are on the same sailing, I had a look at choice air but it does not seem to work for a short flight from the UK to Venice, but managed to get a good deal on a low cost airline.

There is a roll call for this cruise if you fancy joining here's a link

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832808

Damon

Just put a deposit on a 7 night Eastern Med from Venice on Silhouette departing Aug 17,2014

• Balcony Guarantee $999
  • Free Gratuities
  • $200 OBC

That is a hot deal.

What might you think R/T airfare from Los Angeles to Venice in August might fetch??? Probably triple that rate above. This is the biggest drawback of European cruises these days....the airfare will kill you.

What might you think R/T airfare from Los Angeles to Venice in August might fetch??? Probably triple that rate above. This is the biggest drawback of European cruises these days....the airfare will kill you.

I guess that is part of the reason Celebrity is dropping prices. I've never been on a Med cruise and I'm celebrating my 50th this summer so it's a special treat. I love cruising the Caribbean but how many times do you need to see Cozumel or St. Thomas? Winter Caribbean cruises are more about escaping the cold and enjoying the ship more than the destinations.

Why don't you check out choiceair.com? We are coming home from Rome, to Phoenix, next month and we are paying $590 p.p. on British Air. I can't imagine that Venice would be a whole lot more. On Choice Air, you get to pick your flight.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind for next year. We are doing the Constellation 7-night out of Venice in August of 2015 for my 50th Bday! Can't wait.

Just checked Choice Air for that cruise. LAX-VCE on Friday the 15th, and VCE-LAX on Sunday the 24th, is $1812pp on US Air, and only $20pp more on Air Canada for better times.

Not bad for traveling 1/3 of the way around the planet...twice.

With airfare that high, I'd want to spend extra time in VCE either before or after the cruise to make it worthwhile.

But PLEASE don't think I am trying to influence you. Jut offering information.

Edited by teecee60

• Balcony Guarantee $999
  • Free Gratuities
  • $200 OBC

That is a hot deal.

Can you send me a message or hint with the name of the agency you booked with? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Just checked Choice Air for that cruise. LAX-VCE on Friday the 15th, and VCE-LAX on Sunday the 24th, is $1812pp on US Air, and only $20pp more on Air Canada for better times.

Not bad for traveling 1/3 of the way around the planet...twice.

With airfare that high, I'd want to spend extra time in VCE either before or after the cruise to make it worthwhile.

But PLEASE don't think I am trying to influence you. Jut offering information.

And change the Sunday return flight to Tuesday and I'd bet you save enough to cover the hotel for s few extra days in Venice. Same thing with the Friday flight out bound.

Never fly on friday, Sunday or Monday - with rare exceptions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

That is an excellent deal. Over here in Europe they still sell it for 2000$ without any perks at all.

I was just going to say the same.

I just checked.

Can anyone give a reason why this would be the case?

It doesn't seem very ethical unless it is a website issue.

I just checked.

I think X wants to stimulate some demand from the US. Somebody already mentioned high airfares for instance which we don´t have. At least not so much.

However, I think 1300$ might be not a bargain, but it´s a fair deal for airfare, taking into account that it´s high season and a transatlanic flight. (just checked the airfare from Europe and it´s "only" 100€ less) Not the flight is expensive, but the cruise is cheap:)

I did the same thing for my 50th last summer so enjoy its worth it- you're worth it! Cheers:)

I guess that is part of the reason Celebrity is dropping prices. I've never been on a Med cruise and I'm celebrating my 50th this summer so it's a special treat. I love cruising the Caribbean but how many times do you need to see Cozumel or St. Thomas? Winter Caribbean cruises are more about escaping the cold and enjoying the ship more than the destinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just checked.

There was a huge drop in price on the Celebrity website for these sailings a couple weeks ago (assume the cruise was not selling well). It only lasted for a week or so and I am guessing this TA booked a block of cabins at that low price and are now selling them.

There was a huge drop in price on the Celebrity website for these sailings a couple weeks ago (assume the cruise was not selling well). It only lasted for a week or so and I am guessing this TA booked a block of cabins at that low price and are now selling them.

Thank you. That makes sense ;)

Gosh that cruise isa bargain, prime time school holidays too.

For low cost carriers in the UK try the following:

Vueling,

British Airways

Jet2

Easyjet

Just be careful on London airports, they are miles away from each other.

Also consider flying into Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid too, it will be cheaper due to the high passenger duty tax we have here in the UK. For anyone with a load of airmiles consider using those for part or all of your flights. I think KLM offer a free stop over.

A return to the US direct from Manchester in school holidays is £1200 or around $1700 and that's in economy.

Edited by heatherbelle

• 4 months later...

They were just getting rid of the last few cabins. The cruise is sold out now:) The next three /four sailings are also sold out. The next available Silhouette sailing is Sept 23rd This is from Celebrity's website and another well known site. The TA mentioned may have cabins but from what I understood they had to turn in unsold cabins at/around final pay't date. I would think if they didn't sell them they would be stuck with them so that is why the discount.

Edited by Christine Frances