Vision class T/A experiences please!

Well, the title pretty much explains my question. Having been on the Rhapsody twice in the Caribbean, I am wondering what the Vision class is like on an East to West T/A regarding "stability". I know about the forward/aft/midship room variances, but we are looking at a Grand Suite on the upper decks, slightly forward. Let's hear your horror stories (or not)!

We did the Legend TA from Barcelona to FLL last year. I could not tell the difference between the motion on Legend and the motion on the Voyager TA two years prior.

We did the Legend TA from Barcelona to FLL last year. I could not tell the difference between the motion on Legend and the motion on the Voyager TA two years prior.

Thank you for your quick response!

Well, the title pretty much explains my question. Having been on the Rhapsody twice in the Caribbean, I am wondering what the Vision class is like on an East to West T/A regarding "stability". I know about the forward/aft/midship room variances, but we are looking at a Grand Suite on the upper decks, slightly forward. Let's hear your horror stories (or not)!

Six TAs and six great rides. The weather decides...if the capt can avoid it you will love it. High seas rock all ships. We love the Vision class on all seas. Enjoy and stop worrying. Gassed are great on VI class.

Six TAs and six great rides. The weather decides...if the capt can avoid it you will love it. High seas rock all ships. We love the Vision class on all seas. Enjoy and stop worrying. Gassed are great on VI class.

This is one of the many reasons why I love CruiseCritic! Thank you. I have never been bothered by any amount of motion on a ship. As a matter of fact, we LOVE the aft facing balconies. However, after a recent "bad experience", my partner is now concerned that the ship may be a little too small. Your extensive T/A experience is reassuring!

We were on the same TA on the Legend with Bob. I did a review of our experience at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943590

I will tell you that we upgraded our outside room[deck 3] to a balcony guarantee for about $600 for both of us. We got a D2 cabin on deck 7 --so we felt that we had gotten a good value. [rather than an E category balcony]. However our cabin was the most forward. We did not have any motion issues at all. We wondered--but, the only disadvantage was the walk from the elevator.

Sory, that was grand suites until my smart pad went wacky. :(( anyway, you got the message. What the VI class lacks in choices they make up for in personality. Friendly fine service from a great crew always makes everything better. Enjoy :)

This is one of the many reasons why I love CruiseCritic! Thank you. I have never been bothered by any amount of motion on a ship. As a matter of fact, we LOVE the aft facing balconies. However, after a recent "bad experience", my partner is now concerned that the ship may be a little too small. Your extensive T/A experience is reassuring!

Too small? Have you seen the size of the ships Columbus sailed?

And they are bigger than the old school ocean liners that my great grandparents came over on 80 years ago.

We were on the westbound Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen VOS a year ago in a aft facing JS on deck 8. It was a wonderful cruise and relatively smooth the whole way. Enjoy. We had Capt Liz and she was wonderful. Time changes were handled very easily also- she moved the clock ahead at noon most days of the trip- so did not impact the night hours and you never felt the adjustment. The variable is weather- but relax and enjoy the ride!!

Fran

Since you are booking a Grand Suite, remember that there is no concierge on the Vision class ships. We have done 2 TAs on the Voyager Class ships and taking advantage of the Suite benefits is very nice. You get to have breakfast and lunch in Chops.

We did Vision in 2012 from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale. A Tropical Storm hit the Bay of Biscane and it was quite rough. Two days at sea were tough. But that would be any ship. Not unmannagable, but rough. Would have gotten old. After we left the Bay of Biscane it was smooth as glass. We wer in a Grand Suite. We wer with a group of 8. We loved it. Lay around the pool, ate too much, gathered I our suites in the afternoon for cocktails and snacks from room service. Partied after dinner, repeat. Will do it again in a heartbeat!

But weather is the unknown. Vision Class are stabilized so that certainly helps.

There was a separate dining area for Suite Guests that we used every day for breakfast. The service was exceptional and a highlight for us. Window table every day and only a few people at any time. But superior service. The Crown Lounge hosted the Diamond (and I assume suite) happy hour, very nice.

Do the TA with the GS. I think you'll really love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you are booking a Grand Suite, remember that there is no concierge on the Vision class ships. We have done 2 TAs on the Voyager Class ships and taking advantage of the Suite benefits is very nice. You get to have breakfast and lunch in Chops.

According to the deck plan, there is a concierge lounge on deck 11 (which is tucked into the Crown Lounge). Is this no longer true? There is also a Diamond Lounge on deck 6, which is part of the "Some enchanted evening lounge".

I don't want to hi-jack my own thread here, but the CL is important to us, as we won't become diamond until AFTER this cruise has been posted to our account.

According to the deck plan, there is a concierge lounge on deck 11 (which is tucked into the Crown Lounge). Is this no longer true? There is also a Diamond Lounge on deck 6, which is part of the "Some enchanted evening lounge".

I don't want to hi-jack my own thread here, but the CL is important to us, as we won't become diamond until AFTER this cruise has been posted to our account.

All the Vision class ships now have a Conciege Lounge (with Concierge), and Diamond Lounge (with Diamond Concierge).

Some ships are still waiting for a Diamond Lounge to be retrofitted, but I believe every ship except Majesty (which won't be retrofitted) now has a Concierge Lounge.

Edited by clarea

The Vision has a CL on deck 11 off to the side of the VCL, and a DL on Deck 6. Each have their own Concierge, Betsey Medrano was our C on that crossing. There was also a Suite area breakfast in the MDR on Deck 5 and the Diamond Breakfast was on Deck 4.

Thank you Clarea and Melbur for clarifying the CL issue. I believe we will book this today, as there are only a few GS remaining, and according to several posters, stability should not be an issue as long as the seas cooperate.

We did Vision in 2012 from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale. A Tropical Storm hit the Bay of Biscane and it was quite rough. Two days at sea were tough. But that would be any ship. Not unmannagable, but rough. Would have gotten old. After we left the Bay of Biscane it was smooth as glass. We wer in a Grand Suite. We wer with a group of 8. We loved it. Lay around the pool, ate too much, gathered I our suites in the afternoon for cocktails and snacks from room service. Partied after dinner, repeat. Will do it again in a heartbeat!

But weather is the unknown. Vision Class are stabilized so that certainly helps.

There was a separate dining area for Suite Guests that we used every day for breakfast. The service was exceptional and a highlight for us. Window table every day and only a few people at any time. But superior service. The Crown Lounge hosted the Diamond (and I assume suite) happy hour, very nice.

Do the TA with the GS. I think you'll really love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was also on the Vision TA in 2012. We had a JS on Deck 8. It was one of the best TA's I have done. Like papaflamingo said we had a few rough days in the Bay of Biscay and missed our stop in Lisbon because the port pilots were on strike, but after that the sea mid-Atlantic was like glass. Not a ripple one day. The Vision has also had a refurb. You should have a great cruise on her.

We were on the westbound Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen VOS a year ago in a aft facing JS on deck 8. It was a wonderful cruise and relatively smooth the whole way. Enjoy. We had Capt Liz and she was wonderful. Time changes were handled very easily also- she moved the clock ahead at noon most days of the trip- so did not impact the night hours and you never felt the adjustment. The variable is weather- but relax and enjoy the ride!!

Fran

Fran.....how are you two?

We were with Fran and Tom, on this cruise as well. We had an OS, which is closer to the bow of the ship than a GS, and we really had little movement on that crossing.

This is the second TA on a Vision class ship, and we have done Radiance Class and Voyager Class on TA's, and in all honesty, it will mostly depend on the weather, and whether it is a Vision Class or Voyager Class, if there is weather and motion, you will feel it.

Our worst was in the Sea of Japan on NCL, when we were hit by a typhoon, and actually the second roughest trip was a west bound crossing from Southampton to New York, on the QM2, last year, where we had a day of 30 foot waves, and having a cabin just behind the bridge, it was close to an e-ride from Disney. However, down on deck 4, there was very little movement.

Enjoy your cruise.;)

Rick