Host Andy's Update From Eclipse 4/5/14 Sailing

Andy

They should clone Sue and put her on every ship!

Glad you and your mom are enjoying the cruise, and thanks for your update.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Careful with that idea - they seem to be moving a lot of the good crew to RCCL. ;) :(

(I DO agree that she's fantastic but am hoping to see her on the Eclipse again next year! :D )

Andy,

How is Celler Masters laid out for Perry? Its a long space with alcoves so not sure if everyone would see ok.

Also, could you see if Sue will still be CD for our May 10 cruise please?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Host Andy,

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

You have a great crew....Sue Denning and Graeme as CC Host!

Your waiter, Mateo......we had a wonderful waiter on Millie from Ensenada to Hawaii in October, 2012 that we loved named Mateo from the Phillipines....wonder if it is the same person?

If so, tell him we say Hi. He was the best! :D:D

Hi Andy -- so glad to hear that you and your mom are having a great time on Eclipse. How is your sister doing? Hope she is recovering well from her surgery.

One question about the bar service in the MDR. When we were on Century, we heard a rumor that the sommeliers were being cut back or eliminated, with the assistant waiters handling wine service in the MDR. Is that true, or are assistant waiters just taking over for the bar staff? Either way, I agree with you, that the assistant waiters were spread pretty thin, to begin with -- and, this just adds to their responsibilities.

Hope the rest of your cruise is great. We're looking forward to our upcoming Holiday Cruise on Eclipse -- only 8 months to go, lol! BTW -- have you gone to the hot glass show, yet? I loved the show on Solstice and Equinox -- something I'm really looking forward to on Eclipse! :cool:

Hi wwcruisers,

The sommeliers appear to have the same responsibilities. What's changed, is that the asst waiters are handling bar service. With everything else they must take care of, that seems wacky to me. Not only that, but it makes things much tougher for the waiter.

I truly hope that Celebrity will re-evaluate this change.

Andy, what about activity staff?? Any news about cutbacks and the type of activities that are being cut??

Hi gagirl,

Sadly, the activities staff has been cut to 3, but the norm will be 2. They are now known as Activity Hosts. I'm on my tablet at the moment, sitting by the pool - that's my happiness ! !

I promise to share further insights, and answer as many questions as possible, on my next update - will try for late tonight, or tomorrow. Stay tuned !

Hey Andy - if you can remember - next time you go to the buffet for lunch - check if they have fish & chips. In Feb. they had the chips but always told me the fish would be there 'maybe tomorrow'. I loved their fish & chips, it was always my lunch treat.

Glad you are having a wonderful holiday!

Hi ruthk,

It's definitely available. I'm thinking most every day. Had it yesterday, was excellent !

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our January sailing was our best cruising experience (Eclipse, Oasis, Century, Constellation, Allure) this year primarily because of the itinerary and the entertainment options on board.

It is wonderful to read that more than just the top cruiser was honoured. Kudos to Graeme for that thoughtful gesture.

Could you comment on the live music groups on board? Is the string trio still performing?

Hi Arno,

The entertainment has been absolutely outstanding. I will put together a list for you, and an update for the who's onboard thread.

As for the string trio ? Maybe I've missed them, but I believe there are "no strings attached" to this sailing, but will double check.

All the best to you & Joanne.

Hi Arno,

The entertainment has been absolutely outstanding. I will put together a list for you, and an update for the who's onboard thread.

As for the string trio ? Maybe I've missed them, but I believe there are "no strings attached" to this sailing, but will double check.

Hi Andy!! Can you try to find out where is Lindsay Hamilton singing this summer. The Eclipse or other ship? Hope she moves to the Reflection....:)

"BTW, I've heard that Celebrity has lost yet another great cuisine exec (Dominique Gamba) to RCCL. He was a huge asset to Celebrity, and will be missed."

Andy, have you heard what Dominique's new position at RCCL will be?

He is well respected and loved by the crews and his colleagues and guests at Celebrity and I know he will bring his enthusiasm and passion to his new job.

Hi Arno,

It's funny you say that as we were on the Eclipse last cruise & the String Trio did not show up until the last half of our cruise, then they plated quite a bit at the Elite event, they were very good. In all of our cruises the last one was about the best we have been on, enjoy.

Edited by If only

Andy, I also meant to say to tell your mom Millie hi and wishes for a fun cruise from us. I'm so happy she was recognized for being the 2nd highest cruiser! I know she had to enjoy that.

Hi Kathy -- we're doing Eclipse for this year's Christmas/NY cruise! Wish you and Jack were going with us. But, WOW -- the prices for that cruise have gone to another planet, since we booked! Sort of like what happened with the first 8-niter of our recent Century b2b. ;)

Suzanne, we will do our part to make sure you have a clean and healthy Eclipse and not stress out the crew too much. lol. Those holiday cruises typically do go high. Have you been on the Eclipse? We really like the ship and it will be our 3rd time on the ship. Hope we can cruise together again in the not too distant future.

Kathy

Suzanne, we will do our part to make sure you have a clean and healthy Eclipse and not stress out the crew too much. lol. Those holiday cruises typically do go high. Have you been on the Eclipse? We really like the ship and it will be our 3rd time on the ship. Hope we can cruise together again in the not too distant future.

Kathy

This will be our first time on Eclipse, Kathy -- but, we've sailed on Solstice and Equinox, with similar deck plans. I hope that the Hot Glass show is as amazing on Eclipse, as we remember from the other two ships! :cool:

BTW, I've heard that Celebrity has lost yet another great cuisine exec (Dominique Gamba) to RCCL. He was a huge asset to Celebrity, and will be missed.

Andy

Glad that you and your mother are having a great time on Eclipse.

Was saddened to read your news about Dominiique. However, when I emailed him he said that, although Lorenzo has moved to Royal, he has decided not to join him. I am not sure from the wording of his email if he has left Celebrity but I think that he may have to live in France again.

Hi Andy,

So pleased youand mom was able to go on the cruise. How is your sister doing.? Have been looking for updates from you, hope all is well with her.!

So poor Perry has been moved.? Oh dear do you think they will keep him down there.? As from what I have heard it is not a good place to see anything.? I And I should imagine Perry is not too happy about it himslef. Last Nov he was always full it would be a shame not to have him somewhere large enough for a good group.

Will you be sailing the Eclipse on Nov 23rd this year after all.? I do hope so. it was lovely to see you and your family. By the way last year in St Lucia do you remember the tour? for your aunt and uncle? I am doing it again.?

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and say hi to mom from Brenda and Bill.

take care

Brenda x

Thanks Andy. I can not imagine what the Activity hosts job will be. Seems like a lot of work for 2 people if there are any activities at all. Did they mean 2 plus the CD or Cd plus 1???

Im hearing it's the CD *plus* 2 Activity Hosts.

Hope this is helpful !