Aqua Class on Millennium Ships

LewiLewi

Our first cruise coming up in June, we had the same problem deciding.

After thinking about it a few weeks and seeing peoples replies we picked deck 9. Was slightly cheaper, but more than anything else we wanted the overhang on the balcony. Some people love this some people want deck 11 with an open balcony.

For us i figure if the sun is beating down we have shade, if it's raining we have cover. If we want to go look at the night sky we can just go up top on deck.

Only thing I was worried about between deck 11 and 9 is deck 9 what was over top of us. the pool area and eating. I tried to pick a room off to the side not directly above the pool.

So deck 11 might be quieter (not sure). I know people said there is a running track above deck 11 but it wasn't too noisy.

not sure if any of that helped. We will find out after our cruise if we picked good with deck 9. :D

We were very happy with AQ cabin 9116 on Connie in March. We were advised not to book too far forward

as there might be noise from above. This cabin was between the back two elevators which was great.

Since we try to be good and not use the elevators, being on 9 was more convenient then 11.

The consensus is if you can get a aft AQ 1140 or a adjoining one, on a M class grab it huge balconies,

We were in 1138 on the Infinity, and loved it. Nice size with great views and we had some partial shade. We had absolutely no problems with smoke from the Sunset Bar below during the 30+ days we were on that ship. When we booked a future B2B2B on the Infinity stateroom 1140 was available, but we went with 1138 because my husband was a little concerned that 1140 was a little closer to the smokers below.

we were on b2b last month 1104 first leg - very quiet - nothing above -newer staterooms - balcony door leaked if there was torrential rain - no overhang for protection but preferable for us compared to deck 9 on the 2nd leg (9094) which was next to the suites and had a half balcony. For us we found the overhang too much and it never got the sun - noise wasnt a problem for us though.

The Aqua class staterooms on the Millennium class ships deck 11 are newer cabins added when the ships were reconfigured and refurbished for Aqua. I prefer newer whenever it is available. We stayed on deck 11 and appreciated the quiet and easy access to the outer deck.

Here's a quick summary from what I've read -- we've had a deck 9 cabin before and have booked a starboard deck 11 for an upcoming cruise:

Deck 9:

Pros: Lots of shade, protection from rain, good central location

Cons: Noise (better to be close to mid ship elevators), too much shade, view blocked by overhang and also by steel pillars, "older" rooms

Deck 11:

Pros: Quiet (seems to be a strong consensus here), newly built rooms, more open, sunny view. Also, if you can get one of those 5 aft cabins, larger balcony with shade -- grab these if you can get them (I couldn't).

Cons: Too sunny/not enough shade/too exposed to weather. Also, a couple of isolated reports of flooding/leaking balconies.

Hope this helps!

Since you are listing the differences panmalv , you should mention the obvious - $.

Deck 11 is Aqua1 and can be significantly more expensive then the Aqua Class 2 on the 9th deck.

Sometimes the difference is small but not always.

Good point about cost! Although if you're a Captain's Club member (even lowly Classic like me), you can get a category upgrade from A2 to A1 for free...
I booked direct with Celebrity and they wouldn't upgrade me even though I'm a Cap Club member.

Can't remember the reason they gave me but they always have a reason.:(

I booked direct with Celebrity and they wouldn't upgrade me even though I'm a Cap Club member.

That's really strange. When we booked a short while ago they gave us a great upgrade to A1 (we even were able to get cabin 1140 :):)) but paid for an A2. I'd call again and ask again, if I were you.

That's really strange. When we booked a short while ago they gave us a great upgrade to A1 (we even were able to get cabin 1140 :):)) but paid for an A2. I'd call again and ask again, if I were you.
That ship has (sadly) saiiiiiled .:( Next time.

I think that you have to book onboard to get the upgrade from A2 to A1 thru the future cruises. If you later transfer that booking to another cruise you lose the upgrade.

Edited by miched

I think that you have to book onboard to get the upgrade from A2 to A1 thru the future cruises. If you later transfer that booking to another cruise you lose the upgrade.

��

It's a captains club perk that has nothing to do where you book the cruise.....so that's not the reason.

While no one has mentioned it, I will. We've done deck 9 cabins on the M class ships even before some were designated Aqua class. We've also had 1141 (A1 aft). You may feel more motion on deck 11. If that is a problem I just thought I'd mention it.

I have not found the difference in cost to be an issue between A1 and A2. I would love to try the newer rooms, but my husband's sensitivity to motion means we need to choose a mid-ship location. I also like being mid-ship for proximity to everything. I am jealous of not only the size of the A1 balconies (specifically aft), but the large balconies get better/more furniture, like footrests and loungers, that simply don't fit on the A2 balconies. That said, I enjoy the overhang on deck 9. I think more pool noise would come on warm-weather cruises. One more thing to note, we now try to get starboard rooms in A2 because smoking is permitted port side on deck 5, and I am extremely sensitive to smoke and felt it was too strong even four decks up (this is another reason I fear we'll never enjoy cabin 1140 since it's so close to Sunset).

We took advantage of an upgrade from A2 to A1 on Summit last year to Bermuda. Rough seas made us feel more uncomfortable on Deck 11 than 9 and walking down aft stairs to Sunset bar difficult at times as well. We did not have any different balcony furniture with A1 and no foot stools either. This may be different on the S-class however. We booked another M ship cruise for Oct. and this time we opted for A2 with aft location to avoid being under the pool area. Also agree that starboard helps to insure no smoke blowing in your direction. We really enjoyed Blu even more so after having dinner 1 night in MDR upper level and found it to be too noisy. Hope this helps!

Edited by shoesonfire

We had cabin 1140 recently. It had a huge balcony and we never smelled any smoke from below. Unfortunately, it also was baking hot most of the day and you have to secure the sliding door when it is nice enough to keep open or it will move back and forth like a pendulum on fairly calm seas. At night, it was wonderful to enjoy the stars and the wake but since we are out most of the night, we would rather have a covered veranda in the future with less sun and slider noise from the neighbors.

Thank you all for your replies. There are pros and cons to deck 9 and 11. If we can get an aft A1 on 11 we will take it. We had some problems with top deck SS on Century; there was noise in the ceiling above us when the ship rolled. There doesn't seem to be a problem on deck 11 on this ship from what I am reading. Again, thank you all very much.