Jewelry on water slides on Getaway?

sandc4e

We were on the Breakaway last February and the crew member at the slides asked my 10 year old to take off all her jewelry before she was allowed on.

Don't forget to bring your towels from the room since they won't give you towels at the pool. That is for exchanges only. We found out the hard way. They wouldn't give us any even if your children are wet and shivering!!

Very few people take their wedding rings off. Can not imagine a ring is a problem.

We were required to take ours off on the Breakaway last year. Had to run hand under cold water and then use some lotion to get it to come off, but it eventually did. And the slides are awesome fun - especially the free falls. So best advice, if you want to do the slides, is to figure out how to remove the ring so you're prepared to do so if they are still requiring that they be removed.

It's for safety. Even if you think your ring won't come off, you never know. Then you have a ring possibly stuck somewhere mid-slide. Imagine doing the free fall slide and someone's ring had come off and is sitting at the low point right before you go up the hill. That could be painful if your back raked over it.

The real danger is your wedding band getting caught somewhere, and your whole body weight hanging from it. It's not a pretty sight, I've seen it. I've been married for 37 years, and my wife understands that my wedding band is on my hand only half the year. As soon as I get on the ship, off it comes. A plain wedding band has caused many industrial accidents.

No, you can't wear them. There typically was a crew member up a flight or two on a chair/table who among monitoring slides also would tell people they had to take their jewelry off. This was on BA.

When that person wasn't there and people made it up the 5 flights of stairs and had jewelry they were turned back and had to go back down. If you showed up with flip flops they would let you leave those at the top and you could come back for them after the slide.

When I was on the BA someone had a decorative buckle on their bathing suit and they were not allowed to go on the slide bc of it. I had to remove my earrings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you all - guess I'm going to have to figure out something to get the rings off, cause I definitely want to try the drop slides.

Have a great day!

Sheila

Sheila, you'll probably want to get your ring resized. I had to do that when I broke my wrist but I'm glad I did it.

Couple of things you can do... dip your hand in really cold water for a good minute, slather on the lotion, if you still can't get your ring(s) off put your hand straight up in the air for about a minute or two to let the blood drain.

Hopefully it will come off easily for you. Good luck,

Thank you all - guess I'm going to have to figure out something to get the rings off, cause I definitely want to try the drop slides.

Have a great day!

Sheila

Windex will take your ring off or any glass cleaner stuff that your room steward will have. Worked for me when my diamond fell out of my ring on a cruise. I hadn't had my wedding ring off in years and my sister mentioned windex one time so tried that and sure enough it worked.

If your bathing suit or swim trunks have rivets they won't let you on the free fall slide.

I know they want guests to be safe but I'd really like some statistics on death or dismemberment by clothing rivet.

I can understand that a ring might get hooked on a faulty seam and rip your finger off. However, i have never been to a waterpark on land that was this strict.

I know they want guests to be safe but I'd really like some statistics on death or dismemberment by clothing rivet.

I can understand that a ring might get hooked on a faulty seam and rip your finger off. However, i have never been to a waterpark on land that was this strict.

I believe the rivets are banned because they will scratch the slides.

Their slide, their rules.