Contact Carnival

I encourage everyone to express their feelings regarding Roatan directly to Carnival. Maybe they will listen.

What might those be?

I love Roatan, and it is no more dangerous than most if not all major US cities.

That is my point. For YOU to let them know YOUR feelings on the subject as they do monitor boards and know what is being said, but is better if you let them know personally regardless of your opinion.

It seems by this post you are saying that there might be some consideration from Carnival about not calling on Roatan anymore, and that we should offer our opinions, for either removing the port of call or keeping it, to Carnival? I have not heard that they are considering that. I know I saw the flyer or information sheet they are handing out/putting in guest rooms with an advisory before getting to Roatan, but it seems I remember getting the same type/similar type of advisory before stopping in Nassau...

I loved Roatan and had a memorable, fun day there on the beach. I hope Carnival continues to call in Roatan.

I don't think Roatan is any more dangerous than other places that Carnival and other cruise lines call in. Isolated incidents have happened around the Caribbean, and in the U.S. ports that Carnival cruises from for that matter. I feel very badly for what happened, but it doesn't change my opinion of Roatan.

I see news of murders almost every day on my local news, but it doesn't make me think of moving.

Edited by winddawn

I honestly think all of this is quite silly. All ports can be dangerous if people don't pay attention. I don't carry designer handbags, I don't carry valuables other than maybe a camera. My iPhone stays on the ship and I certainly do not carry anything that I wouldn't give up if approached. I mean, I love my camera but is it worth my life? Nope!!

If everyone would just practice common sense and cautiousness it could go a long way. Are you ever safe? No! I mean it doesn't matter what port you are in, it can happen in any of them.

I encourage everyone to express their feelings regarding Roatan directly to Carnival. Maybe they will listen.

Dear Carnival,

I am concerned with the unfortunate recent events in Roatan. Please do what you can in this port and other ports of call to keep your passengers and crew safe.

Thank you!

Carnival warns everyone about going into a port and not leaving your common sense behind. At every port in Europe we were reminded of the possibility of something happening. The incident in Roatan is similar to what could happen if you show your phone ipad, jewelry ... In any place in the world. It's a sad thing but sometimes we are lackadaisical in preventing or recognizing danger. I am just so sorry it had to happen.

I would say Roatan is particularly safe for Carnival since they have their own docking and beach facilities. They have a lot invested there, I seriously doubt any changes are coming.

Why do people here feel the need to look to create commotion.

The MILLIONS of $$$$$$ Carnival invested in building Mahagony Bay,,,, I seriously doubt that they intend to abandon this Port of Call.

Now, will they put pressure on and work more closely with the local government regarding security of all guests? Most likely.

I honestly think all of this is quite silly.

We cannot dictate how people feel about a situation. Silly for some is serious for others.

Using a recent event such as this as a graphic example, it doesn't hurt to remind people to be aware of their surroundings. Crime doesn't take a vacation just because you do. Bad things happen everywhere, so try to minimize the chance of them happening to you.

If certain ports or places exceed your comfort level, chose a different itinerary or just enjoy a day on the ship.

Now, will they put pressure on and work more closely with the local government regarding security of all guests? Most likely.

If you remember the incident in St. Thomas with the gang shooting of a passenger, that is exactly what Carnival did. If they pull out of every port that has a murder, we would only be able to embark and disembark in Antartica.