Leaving tomorrow and Carnival switched my room!

tammymacb

And yes, it's a big deal.

I booked this cruise over a year ago. Our last family spring break. We booked two rooms side by side to accommodate Carnival's rules regarding sailing with kids.

Today I printed boarding passes and one of our rooms has been moved to literally the other side of the ship.

I'm pissed. And,of course, on never ending hold with Carnival.

And, no I did not book a gty, was not asked to move and the cabins were cross referenced.

Unfortunately if one of the rooms or both aren't at their maximum capacity, they'll switch you so for an example: a family of 3 fills a "sleep 3" room. ....or a family of 4 fills a "sleep 4" room. I booked a "4 capacity" room and had to cancel one person and was told they could switch me to meet capacity. But.....I was advised.....doesn't sound like you were advised.

Unfortunately if one of the rooms or both aren't at their maximum capacity, they'll switch you so for an example: a family of 3 fills a "sleep 3" room. ....or a family of 4 fills a "sleep 4" room. I booked a "4 capacity" room and had to cancel one person and was told they could switch me to meet capacity. But.....I was advised.....doesn't sound like you were advised.

I would bet your response is right on.

I definitely was not advised. I specifically told them we were putting the girls in their own room and picked side by side cabins.

If one of the rooms can hold more than you're booked for, I'm sure that's why they moved you. If it's not an accessible room, then this would be the only two reasons I can see for a last minute switch. Carnival is going to have to do some juggling to get you guys side by side. Of course you don't want to be way on the other of the ship away from your kids. Let us know how you make out. Are you still on hold?

And yes, it's a big deal.

I booked this cruise over a year ago. Our last family spring break. We booked two rooms side by side to accommodate Carnival's rules regarding sailing with kids.

Today I printed boarding passes and one of our rooms has been moved to literally the other side of the ship.

I'm pissed. And,of course, on never ending hold with Carnival.

And, no I did not book a gty, was not asked to move and the cabins were cross referenced.

That happened to us once when we had one room, and made us completely paranoid when we booked to rooms side by side. Luckily nothing happened.

Good luck with your phone calls. Someone screwed up.

I always book 2 side by sides, and on RCCL you can put in your reservation that you don't want your cabins switched or upgraded for any reason, to assure that THIS does not happen. Sometimes on Royal they THINK they are upgrading you, but really they are screwing up your planned out side by sides.:eek:

Is there a feature like this on Carnival??:confused:

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

I would be pissed too!!!!

Especially if they didn't TELL YOU, that there was a possibility this could happen.

Just out of curiosity, how old are the kids?

I would think if they are pretty young, Carnival would HAVE to move you.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

If you read all the fine print when you booked this was a possibly. I'm interested to see what they do to fix this because it does involve children. Good luck and I hope you can still manage to enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yea they can move you if you didn't request a room that doesn't have the bunk bed option. I just booked and wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen to us. Also wanted side by side. The Carnival rep made sure we weren't in any rooms that hold 3 or 4 people. Otherwise they could move us to reach max capacity.

Luckily they found us two new rooms.

We got extremely lucky I'd guess since it's spring break. We had to move from deck 8 to deck 7 but no biggie.

The girls are teens so it wasn't the end of the world but I didn't want to be stuck in a snafu Carnival created when we check in in the morning.

Not sure which category you're booked in, but as of today there are still interior side-by-side rooms, oceanview connecting rooms and balacony side-by-side rooms still available, so Carnival should be able to accomodate your original booking of rooms right beside each other.

Hope they fix their error easily and you have a great cruise. :)

Celine

We got extremely lucky I'd guess since it's spring break. We had to move from deck 8 to deck 7 but no biggie.

The girls are teens so it wasn't the end of the world but I didn't want to be stuck in a snafu Carnival created when we check in in the morning.

Oh good to see it's all worked out. Enjoy the sun and fun!! :)

I'm curious of the outcome to. Especially since you paid to be able to pick your own room. It would have been more reasonably if they told you up front that you needed to pick a different room because it is for more people.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Since they moved you down a deck (and possibly a category) did they offer you any OBC (or anything for their SNAFU)?

I'm curious of the outcome to. Especially since you paid to be able to pick your own room. It would have been more reasonably if they told you up front that you needed to pick a different room because it is for more people.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Even if you do pick your own cabins you can be moved if you are not utilizing cabin capacity and Carnival wants it for max capacity, exactly the same as an accessible cabin:)

When you pick your own cabin and mouse over the cabin it shows the cabin pax number 2 3 or 4:)

This is actually IN the contract. I don't agree with it without being notified, but it is there.