Snafu - Allure / room 12636

Well, I did not take into account that my wife and I will have a baby by December 2015 and that the room I picked may not be able to hold 3 people.

Can anyone tell me if room 12636 (Junior Suite) is capable of holding 3 people? If not, I suppose I have to start looking for a new room.....I seen on the deck plan what the icons meant for whether it had a pullman, sofa bed etc but on deck 12 I do not see any of those icons on any of the rooms and I really find it hard to believe that an entire deck is only capable of holding two people, especially with the bigger suites.....

Well, I did not take into account that my wife and I will have a baby by December 2015 and that the room I picked may not be able to hold 3 people.

Can anyone tell me if room 12636 (Junior Suite) is capable of holding 3 people? If not, I suppose I have to start looking for a new room.....I seen on the deck plan what the icons meant for whether it had a pullman, sofa bed etc but on deck 12 I do not see any of those icons on any of the rooms and I really find it hard to believe that an entire deck is only capable of holding two people, especially with the bigger suites.....

Looking at the deck plan of Allure Deck 12 I can sse plenty of cabins Holding three or four people, however 12636 isn´t one of them and for the matter it looks like non of the JS on deck 12 can hold more than two.

There are many JS that only hold two. There are 8 of them on Deck 12. :)

How old will the baby be at the time of your cruise?

They will sometimes allow a 3rd passenger in a two-berth cabin, if the baby is sleeping in a pack-n-play.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Approximately 10 months old. So a pack n play could still be an option. Here is an idea I had (and let me know if this is wrong to do or a good idea)

I found room 8636 that allows 3 people. 8636 is in the same exact location just 4 decks down. I have a courtesy hold on it now. I am debating just booking it and paying the $750 deposit and keeping the reservation 12636 as well.

Wait until later next year (before the penalty phase comes into play), see if RCCL will allow me to bring our baby into 12636 and if so, cancel the other booking without penalty?

Is this stupid? Is it functional? Is it possible?

We had booked a cabin on deck 11 of Allure but were upgraded to a cabin on deck 8. Having been on deck 8 I would say I prefer this deck anyway. It's right next to Central Park which is a lovely quiet area and very easy to pop into Park Cafe to pick up breakfast or a drink. I would stick with deck 8

Approximately 10 months old. So a pack n play could still be an option. Here is an idea I had (and let me know if this is wrong to do or a good idea)

I found room 8636 that allows 3 people. 8636 is in the same exact location just 4 decks down. I have a courtesy hold on it now. I am debating just booking it and paying the $750 deposit and keeping the reservation 12636 as well.

Wait until later next year (before the penalty phase comes into play), see if RCCL will allow me to bring our baby into 12636 and if so, cancel the other booking without penalty?

The problem comes with lifeboat capacity. While you may think your little one shouldn't count as a full person in a lifeboat, that's not the way the law looks at it. If you are allowed to take an infant as third person into a cabin designated for two, then the company must put a block on a 3rd or 4th berth in a 3 or 4 person cabin, so as to not exceed the lifeboat capacity. So, I would check with RCI soonest to see what the policy is on infants in a two person cabin, not wait until later.

I thought I read somewhere else where you could not double-book rooms with the same passenger names.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Last summer we were able to book 3 in a 2 person cabin on Enchantment as our DD was 15 months old at the time and slept in a pack n play. I booked directly with Royal and explained what we wanted to do (after reading some accounts of doing the same on the message boards here). We had no problems booking this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought babies had to be 12 months old.......we had to cancel last year as my sister in law had a baby and we were told 6 months old for a med cruise and 12 months for a carib cruise ?

wendy

I think the 12 month rule is for any cruise with three consecutive sea days.

This is what the age policy says:

Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

So how do we know what select cruises they are talking about?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We had a very similar issue. We were booked in stateroom 12636 on the Oasis. My friend was thinking about joining us so I added her to our reservation and changed the to room 8636. She will most likely not come with us now but the problem of 2 people in a cabin that holds 3/4 didn't occur to me. Yikes. It is an off season cruise so hopefully we won't get booted from the room since I really want to experience my first hump cabin. I guess if we do it won't be that big of an issue. I've been wanting to experience one if the big girls so I think I would be happy in any room.:D

This is what the age policy says:

Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

INFANT POLICY

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

So how do we know what select cruises they are talking about?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I believe the last sentence addresses your question - any cruise that has three or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old. Most Caribbean cruises do not fall into this category, although I think Quantum may have a few itineraries that do.