2015 Brides!

The tour wasn't the best lol. I don't think they do them at this port very often because nobody there seemed to know what was going on. Everyone was super nice about it but I was just a little hectic. The tour itself was all of 15 min and then we were shooed off the boat down the zig zag 4 level narrow ramp while they were in the middle of boarding and dodging suit cases. I also didn't expect them to have a bunch of info but the woman didn't even know when we were getting married. Like I said everyone was wonderful but for us it really wasn't worth the drive although it did get me even more excited for the big day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which port?? You didn't get to explore the ship after the tour?? Our tour took a total of 15-20mins we were able to ask several questions and even spoke to the wedding coordinators who were assisting with a wedding that day. After the tour was done we were told to go up to lido and enjoy the buffet.. Explore the ship and listen for the announcements when all guest needed to depart.

The pride out of Baltimore. No we didn't. In fact when we were about to go off of the ship onto the ramp there were a few guests in wheel chairs getting on the ship so my fiancé and I obviously stepped to the side so then the lady who gave the tour was like "here I'll get you off" and kind of pushed us through. She wasn't my favorite lol

I'm getting married in a week. Eek! Cruise leaves two weeks from today. How did something that was so many months away get here ? :) :) [emoji178][emoji178]

Good luck!! Mine is in 4 weeks! October 10th! I can't wait! Please tell me how it goes when you get back. I will be in Freedom out of Galveston.

I am so ready for a vacation and to get married. I can't believe its almost here.

I'm getting married in Freeport, Bahamas on October 16th via Carnival Pride. We've booked a 90 min. onboard reception with a social host.

On Embarkation Day we have planned for our guests to enjoy an hour of free cocktails in the Ivory Bar. We are calling it our "Welcome Aboard Party"

Instead of having a "rehearsal dinner" We are having a Groom's Dinner in the ships Steakhouse on the Wednesday before the Wedding.

On Thursday we will be docked in Nassau, Bahamas but we all have tickets to see Lionel Richie in concert courtesy of Carnival Live!

AND ON FRIDAY WE SAY I DO ... on the beaches of Freeport, Bahamas.

I can't wait. We are still waiting for an exact time and place of the ceremony and the reception but 25 days left is very exciting.

And someone please tell me to stop buying things for a wedding. Two Days ago I decided we needed WEDDING CAKE TO GO BOXES and placed an order for 25 of them.

Yes I know you can ask for a slice of cake at dinner but there will only be 2 dinners after our reception and then we are disembarking. I ordered a 3 tier cake because I wanted it to look a bit bigger in pictures but we have only 17 guest sailing with us. Yes there was an upcharge.

I also didnt want folks carrying actual real plates and those plastic plate toppers around. These togo boxes are paper and small and will have our monogram sticker attached. It will be a great late nite snack for our guest to enjoy.

Harmony,

It is possible agriculture will stop guests from taking the cake back onboard. Please check with your coordinator. If you are serving it onboard, please disregard.

The cake is being served onboard. But... funny you should mention that. The wedding experience is hosting our ceremony on the island and we will also have cake there too! I told them that I didnt need it because we were having a reception back onboard but she said it would look good in pictures. :) 2 cakes!

I reread your message. Its onboard. Ok cool. Now stop buying things!

lol I'M TRYING TO REFRAIN TRUST ME!

I just decided last night that I might want to make a small sign for the Lionel Richie concert on Thursday evening.

It would be so cool if he could see the sign and acknowledge our big day!

The cake is being served onboard. But... funny you should mention that. The wedding experience is hosting our ceremony on the island and we will also have cake there too! I told them that I didnt need it because we were having a reception back onboard but she said it would look good in pictures. :) 2 cakes!

What was the up charge for the cake?

Just finished turning all my paperwork to carnival (with one day to spare woohoo! Haha) and we'll be getting married a month from tomorrow. It's so real now. Still not sure where the ceremony will be but I know we got beauties lounge for the reception. I'm getting so excited!

Below is a letter I sent to Carnival Weddings Website this morning. My final call with exact time was yesterday. My wedding ceremony start time in Freeport, BAHAMAS is 1:00 pm. Please note that the ship departs from Freeport @ 1:30 PM. I have not been a Bridezilla at all until this point.

RE: Pride 10.11.2015 Parker/Jackson Wedding

Dear Carnival:

Please take the time to read the email sent to Carnival Weddings below. I am currently looking for any sort of redress and/or resolve to this heart heavy matter. I would also appreciate a response if time allows. Thank you.

Booking #

Good Morning -

I must say that I was extremely upset after speaking with the Carnival Wedding Coordinator and The Wedding Experience on the phone yesterday to finalize my wedding ceremony time and details. I have been calm and anxious about my cruise wedding up until yesterday. I have listed my issues in writing and hope that they can be rectified and resolved BEFORE embarkation day.

1. 1:00 pm wedding ceremony start time? UNACCEPTABLE. The Carnival Pride departs from Freeport, Bahamas @ 1:30 pm leaving no time for the groom and me to enjoy our day. I feel rushed and I did not pay $2250 for the Island Package to feel rushed. My Groom and I as well as our guests are expected to disembark off the ship, go to the courthouse, be transported to the ceremony site by way of a shuttle bus AND EXCHANGE VOWS, JUMP A BROOM and TAKE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS ON A THE BEACH and then make it back to the ship in 30 minutes? That is 110% unacceptable and even more so disappointing that you would even allowed that to happen. It's is logistically impossible. Our three ceremony songs that Carnival allows as stated in the Ceremony Outline Form are 12 minutes in length. Am I expected to sprint or be catapulted down the aisle? I've communicated with several Carnival Wedding Coordinators during several phone calls and several different occasions throughout the past year that I had two (2) wedding dresses. One for the ceremony as I expected to be taking a decent amount of beach and ocean front exposures and one dress for the reception requiring a small gap in between both events to change. The response from the coordinators was that of joy, excitement and acceptance. One coordinator even stated that the photographer would be taking photos for about an hour on the beach! Another stated that I would have about 45 min in between both events to change. How is that possible with a 1:00 pm ceremony and a ship that departs at 1:30 pm?

2. TRANSPORTATION - Why can't anyone (The Wedding Experience AND Carnival Wedding) tell me what time the shuttle bus will be ready to pick up my guests and transport them to the ceremony site on wedding day, Friday October 16th, 2015? Now I am aware that since my ceremony time WILL be changing the shuttle time will also be affected however, when asked, Carnival said that I need to call The Wedding Experience. When I called the Wedding Experience they said to call Carnival. The fact that 10 days before my wedding cruise and I cannot get a direct answer is both baffling and alarming. I want my wedding to be satisfactory. Notice that I did not say perfect as I understand that is an unattainable goal. However, 10 days before my wedding and I am not confident that neither Carnival nor The Wedding Experience has the logistical capabilities to ensure that my wedding day is satisfactory. I did get a response from Carnivals Wedding Coordinator that I would be informed the night before of the time that the shuttle bus will be available. Again, unacceptable. My guest paid a substantial amount of money to enjoy not only my wedding day but their family vacation. I have a total of 8 cabins attending my wedding on various decks throughout the ship. How do you expect that I inform my guest the night before of the location of the shuttle? Also, the evening of 10/15 (the night before the wedding) I will be attending the Lionel Richie Carnival Live Concert. So again I ask, how am I expected to inform my guest of shuttle times and location THE NIGHT BEFORE?

3. I am appalled and extremely outraged that Carnival Wedding had me booked for a 60 minute reception and a 2 layer cake when I ordered and PAID for a 90 minute reception and 3 layer cake over a YEAR AGO! I do not feel very secure in my booking a Carnival Wedding and Reception if 10 days before my cruise the coordinator has the length of time and cake dimensions incorrect.

4. Overall experience thus far - In the past 13 months since booking my Island Wedding Package and Time to Celebrate BIG reception, I have received 4 emails from 4 different individuals informing me that they were my NEW Carnival Wedding Coordinator. The company turn around was alarming back then but I was assured that everything was documented and that my wedding would be "PERFECT". Again, I'm just looking for satisfactory not perfection. However, with the amount of hiccups and disarray, I am heavily concerned.

I am also upset that I have not received a call back since speaking to the Carnival Wedding Coordinator and the Wedding Experience @ 1 pm yesterday afternoon (9/29/2015). Even if nothing has been resolved, a simple courtesy call would have sufficed.

I am currently looking for any sort of redress and/or resolve to this heart heavy matter. I would also appreciate a response if time allows. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Jessica

Below is a letter I sent to Carnival Weddings Website this morning. My final call with exact time was yesterday. My wedding ceremony start time in Freeport, BAHAMAS is 1:00 pm. Please note that the ship departs from Freeport @ 1:30 PM. I have not been a Bridezilla at all until this point.

RE: Pride 10.11.2015 Parker/Jackson Wedding

Dear Carnival:

Please take the time to read the email sent to Carnival Weddings below. I am currently looking for any sort of redress and/or resolve to this heart heavy matter. I would also appreciate a response if time allows. Thank you.

Booking #

Good Morning -

I must say that I was extremely upset after speaking with the Carnival Wedding Coordinator and The Wedding Experience on the phone yesterday to finalize my wedding ceremony time and details. I have been calm and anxious about my cruise wedding up until yesterday. I have listed my issues in writing and hope that they can be rectified and resolved BEFORE embarkation day.

1. 1:00 pm wedding ceremony start time? UNACCEPTABLE. The Carnival Pride departs from Freeport, Bahamas @ 1:30 pm leaving no time for the groom and me to enjoy our day. I feel rushed and I did not pay $2250 for the Island Package to feel rushed. My Groom and I as well as our guests are expected to disembark off the ship, go to the courthouse, be transported to the ceremony site by way of a shuttle bus AND EXCHANGE VOWS, JUMP A BROOM and TAKE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS ON A THE BEACH and then make it back to the ship in 30 minutes? That is 110% unacceptable and even more so disappointing that you would even allowed that to happen. It's is logistically impossible. Our three ceremony songs that Carnival allows as stated in the Ceremony Outline Form are 12 minutes in length. Am I expected to sprint or be catapulted down the aisle? I've communicated with several Carnival Wedding Coordinators during several phone calls and several different occasions throughout the past year that I had two (2) wedding dresses. One for the ceremony as I expected to be taking a decent amount of beach and ocean front exposures and one dress for the reception requiring a small gap in between both events to change. The response from the coordinators was that of joy, excitement and acceptance. One coordinator even stated that the photographer would be taking photos for about an hour on the beach! Another stated that I would have about 45 min in between both events to change. How is that possible with a 1:00 pm ceremony and a ship that departs at 1:30 pm?

2. TRANSPORTATION - Why can't anyone (The Wedding Experience AND Carnival Wedding) tell me what time the shuttle bus will be ready to pick up my guests and transport them to the ceremony site on wedding day, Friday October 16th, 2015? Now I am aware that since my ceremony time WILL be changing the shuttle time will also be affected however, when asked, Carnival said that I need to call The Wedding Experience. When I called the Wedding Experience they said to call Carnival. The fact that 10 days before my wedding cruise and I cannot get a direct answer is both baffling and alarming. I want my wedding to be satisfactory. Notice that I did not say perfect as I understand that is an unattainable goal. However, 10 days before my wedding and I am not confident that neither Carnival nor The Wedding Experience has the logistical capabilities to ensure that my wedding day is satisfactory. I did get a response from Carnivals Wedding Coordinator that I would be informed the night before of the time that the shuttle bus will be available. Again, unacceptable. My guest paid a substantial amount of money to enjoy not only my wedding day but their family vacation. I have a total of 8 cabins attending my wedding on various decks throughout the ship. How do you expect that I inform my guest the night before of the location of the shuttle? Also, the evening of 10/15 (the night before the wedding) I will be attending the Lionel Richie Carnival Live Concert. So again I ask, how am I expected to inform my guest of shuttle times and location THE NIGHT BEFORE?

3. I am appalled and extremely outraged that Carnival Wedding had me booked for a 60 minute reception and a 2 layer cake when I ordered and PAID for a 90 minute reception and 3 layer cake over a YEAR AGO! I do not feel very secure in my booking a Carnival Wedding and Reception if 10 days before my cruise the coordinator has the length of time and cake dimensions incorrect.

4. Overall experience thus far - In the past 13 months since booking my Island Wedding Package and Time to Celebrate BIG reception, I have received 4 emails from 4 different individuals informing me that they were my NEW Carnival Wedding Coordinator. The company turn around was alarming back then but I was assured that everything was documented and that my wedding would be "PERFECT". Again, I'm just looking for satisfactory not perfection. However, with the amount of hiccups and disarray, I am heavily concerned.

I am also upset that I have not received a call back since speaking to the Carnival Wedding Coordinator and the Wedding Experience @ 1 pm yesterday afternoon (9/29/2015). Even if nothing has been resolved, a simple courtesy call would have sufficed.

I am currently looking for any sort of redress and/or resolve to this heart heavy matter. I would also appreciate a response if time allows. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Jessica

Oh my gosh, I just felt sick reading this, I can't imagine how you must feel. I am HOPING that the 1pm ceremony time is just a big mix-up on their part, like you said, it's logistically impossible. I know that 1pm is usually the start time for ceremonies on EMBARKATION day weddings so maybe the wires are just crossed? If it is a mistake on their part and they say "oops told you the wrong time" they still owe you a huge apology for the unnecessary stress they are causing. I have no patience for disorganized people, especially when that is the main focus of their job!

Harmony sweet- your situation sends chills down my spine.

Thanks everyone. They've called me back twice yesterday afternoon and I have a new ceremony time of 10:30 with the reception back on-board at 1 pm.

They were very apologetic but all of this would have been avoided if they just LOOKED! They should have never contacted the Bride about this. Now I'm nervous, apprehensive and don't trust that my wedding with go off without a hitch.

The ceremony time, the incorrect reception time and incorrect cake order were ALL elementary mistakes. I've been on edge since Tuesday afternoon. I even had a horrible nightmare last night.

and don't get me started on Joaquin!!!!!!!

Harmony,

Very thankful to hear that it was all sorted out. Focus on your wedding.. your family and friends.. your marriage.. not a company that makes mistakes. We are all taking a chance here and hoping for the best because it sounds like a cool idea. Among all brides, we are risk-takers. Hang in there, and all the best!!