2015 Brides!

Do any Jewish brides know if there is an option for a chuppah at the ceremony? Thanks!

I saw a youtube video of a carnival wedding that took plave maybe 1 year ago and they had four people on stage with the couple who held up the chuppah during the ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 2015 brides,

I am getting married on the Carnival Victory on March 24, 2016 and am starting to get my guest list together. I sent this question out to Carnival Weddings but thought you all may be able to reply sooner.

We have 5 children sailing and 6 additional children coming for the day of our embarkation ceremony and reception. Do we need to get the birth certificate numbers for the children that do not have passports? Particularly for those not sailing as the children sailing will all need to provide this information or a passport. Do the non-sailing children need to provide any sort of documentation at all?

Thanks in advance!

It is my understanding that the non-sailing children will need the birth certificates on the day of to board for the wedding, but you will not have to submit them in advance. Children who are sailing will need to do online check-in using birth certificates. Please check with your coordinator to confirm!

Edited by wakeupinanewland

Hi 2015 brides,

I am getting married on the Carnival Victory on March 24, 2016 and am starting to get my guest list together. I sent this question out to Carnival Weddings but thought you all may be able to reply sooner.

We have 5 children sailing and 6 additional children coming for the day of our embarkation ceremony and reception. Do we need to get the birth certificate numbers for the children that do not have passports? Particularly for those not sailing as the children sailing will all need to provide this information or a passport. Do the non-sailing children need to provide any sort of documentation at all?

Thanks in advance!

Non-sailing children will need to present a birth certificate (under age 16 - if over 16 they can also use photo ID drivers license). You don't need to collect the information ahead of time, just note birth certificate on your guest list!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm less than 4 months out from my April 30th wedding on Carnival Freedom and let me tell you the stress is getting real!! ;)

Our guest list grew throughout the process and we have now invited 84 people, of which only 13 people are cruising! We only have 28 confirmed wedding guests but the invitations just went out last week so that number could grow. We are praying that the people we sent invites to that we were certain wouldn't go really don't end up showing up otherwise we might be over the limit of 50 non-sailing guests!

I'm finishing up gathering items for my OOT bags... they have ended up being rather costly. I went a little overboard because all of our guests are first time cruisers. I'm regretting it a bit now but it's too late and we must move forward.

I have been having issues reaching our wedding coordinator Dinah which is very frustrating. I haven't spoken to her once since we booked the wedding. Not sure if this is common but I have seen a couple of threads where people actually get help from their coordinator so I'm lost as to what to do about that.

We booked the shorter package with 1 hour ceremony and are now worried about the short time so we are trying to upgrade... but alas I cannot reach Dinah. :confused:

Other than that things are moving along and I'm getting excited for the big day!

You are not alone! I've only been planning for a little over a month and my guest list has also grown from 60 to about 80. Granted only 13 have booked so far but I'm hoping only 30-35 MAX attend. We also have an hour long reception/cocktail hour. We are getting married on the boat at Nassau and want some time after the reception to see a little bit of Nassau. We plan to do the bride and groom dance and that's probably it. We don't have a bridal party and we'll have the cake cutting but it's mostly drinking, eating, and mingling for the hour. How long did it take for the vendor to contact you after you booked your wedding cruise? When they talk to you about flowers, do you get to give any input on it?

I'm less than 4 months out from my April 30th wedding on Carnival Freedom and let me tell you the stress is getting real!! ;)

Our guest list grew throughout the process and we have now invited 84 people, of which only 13 people are cruising! We only have 28 confirmed wedding guests but the invitations just went out last week so that number could grow. We are praying that the people we sent invites to that we were certain wouldn't go really don't end up showing up otherwise we might be over the limit of 50 non-sailing guests!

I'm finishing up gathering items for my OOT bags... they have ended up being rather costly. I went a little overboard because all of our guests are first time cruisers. I'm regretting it a bit now but it's too late and we must move forward.

I have been having issues reaching our wedding coordinator Dinah which is very frustrating. I haven't spoken to her once since we booked the wedding. Not sure if this is common but I have seen a couple of threads where people actually get help from their coordinator so I'm lost as to what to do about that.

We booked the shorter package with 1 hour ceremony and are now worried about the short time so we are trying to upgrade... but alas I cannot reach Dinah. :confused:

Other than that things are moving along and I'm getting excited for the big day!

Can I ask how it all went? Did you get married on embarkation day? What does the port look like? My fear is that it will just be industrial and not a pretty background. I hope it all went well and I'd love to hear about your wedding cruise ship experience. :)

We're getting married June 13,2015 on Paradise in Port of Tampa!!!! Soooooooo EXCITED!!

And we take the tour to view the wedding setups to put in request for what location for ceremony this May 8th!

Hello all 2015 brides and congrats!!!

I'm looking for anyone who got married on the Carnival Freedom. They told me my reception can only be located in the Swingtime Jazz Lounge, Piano Bar, or Dance Club.

I can't decide which is the lesser of two evil in regards to the obnoxious decor in the piano bar and the dance club, and I'd prefer not to be in either. I actually enjoy Carnival's outlandish decor, but those two spots kinda take it to a whole new level for me. Maybe it's all the red and I don't like red... Idk. But I digress.

I do love the look of the look of the jazz lounge, but I hear it's a smoking area and a friend of mine who just sail on the Freedom a few weeks ago confirmed that it absolutely reeks of smoke. I'm not trying to get a migraine on my wedding day, and the smokey smell would NOT be okay for many of my guests.

The wedding coordinator said they would go in and sort of fumigate it a few days prior to the wedding in preparation, but in my experience you CANNOT get the smokey smell out of anything no matter how hard you try.

Has anyone else had this "fumigation" or whatever? Did it work? I'm super apprehensive...

Hello all 2015 brides and congrats!!!

I'm looking for anyone who got married on the Carnival Freedom. They told me my reception can only be located in the Swingtime Jazz Lounge, Piano Bar, or Dance Club.

I can't decide which is the lesser of two evil in regards to the obnoxious decor in the piano bar and the dance club, and I'd prefer not to be in either. I actually enjoy Carnival's outlandish decor, but those two spots kinda take it to a whole new level for me. Maybe it's all the red and I don't like red... Idk. But I digress.

I do love the look of the look of the jazz lounge, but I hear it's a smoking area and a friend of mine who just sail on the Freedom a few weeks ago confirmed that it absolutely reeks of smoke. I'm not trying to get a migraine on my wedding day, and the smokey smell would NOT be okay for many of my guests.

The wedding coordinator said they would go in and sort of fumigate it a few days prior to the wedding in preparation, but in my experience you CANNOT get the smokey smell out of anything no matter how hard you try.

Has anyone else had this "fumigation" or whatever? Did it work? I'm super apprehensive...

I work in the hotel industry and there is a way to get the smokey smell out of a room...mostly. The smell always lingers no matter what. Also, the room will have been used the night before so time isn't on your side regardless. I would skip the room.

• 1 month later...

If you have any question please ask and I will try my best to answer. I don't remember the flavor of the cake but it was 3 tiers (I paid for the extra layer) and I don't remember what we ate but it was plentiful and delicious.

2d2036825a0984782c2cbd0599a55e4d.jpg

537b37e50069894ae268c839b7964680.jpg

Our wedding favors were stemless champagne flutes with our names and date on them. (Esty)

23785722ce68304ef601d50300f94cf2.jpg

2f9b3113eeeaa97622a716b4b1e0d9c7.jpg

I made my own bouquet once I found folks were charging $500+ for them. Brooches and a lot of hot glue!!!!

c582a5321aab3208f5dcaa316285f553.jpg

The captain even stopped by to say hello

93949b9ae310f7c234b317a333fc49dd.jpg

By the way we were legally married in the Bahamas it took about 12 weeks for us to receive our marriage license.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a grooms dinner in the steakhouse mid way through the cruise. It's sort of a nice way to honor the groom since most weddings are usually all about the bride.

And....the nice before the wedding was Carnival Live LIONEL RICHIE CONCERT!!! and we were gifted VIP TICKETS and got to actually meet Lionel Richie, talk to him take pics with him, drink FREE champagne with him. He gave us awesome marriage advice and we got to sit front row at the concert!

My advise....just ask. Carnival is willing make your day the most memorable event ever but all you gotta do is ask! All I did was ask!

a11083af864934e06c481f58eaad6957.jpg

SIDENOTE I have never seen my husband smile so damn hard in all my life. LOL

25a26efce0f2fb6a6d545212b448719e.jpg

075eca6bc708516f812112e647b0a18d.jpg

414acf90e458177faafaddd756e56fb1.jpg

Your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to stay around $1k for pictures. Am j being unrealistic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all but when they show you all of your pictures you will love them all and it will be hard to choose. Good luck.

All of your pictures are beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful wedding :) Congrats to you!

Did you guys do any sort of rehearsal before the ceremony? and how was your communication & planning with the onboard coordinators in the days leading up to the wedding?

All of your pictures are beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful wedding :) Congrats to you!

Did you guys do any sort of rehearsal before the ceremony? and how was your communication & planning with the onboard coordinators in the days leading up to the wedding?

We had no rehersal before the ceremony. I knew the chairs would be in a circle and that there would be an opening for me to enter as I walked down the aisle. I also knew the my groom would come and get me half way (we discussed that prior to the cruise).

The coordinators are very good about telling you what to do. We met with the coordinators on the first night after dinner. She found us. Then we saw her every night at dinner time (she was the dinner hostess int he dining room)

@harmonysweet1

LOVE LOVE LOVE your bouquet.

Plan of doing a brooch bouquet as well! In fact,we are asking my aunts to pass one on to me or let me borrow a brooch for the bouquet. I thought it was a sweet touch to have them apart of the wedding. Yours turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!

@harmonysweet1

LOVE LOVE LOVE your bouquet.

Plan of doing a brooch bouquet as well! In fact,we are asking my aunts to pass one on to me or let me borrow a brooch for the bouquet. I thought it was a sweet touch to have them apart of the wedding. Yours turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thank you so much. It was amazing and HEAVY! I got a lot of my brooches from eBay lots. I wouldn't dare hot glue a family heirlooms. Btw, I didn't toss this. Carnival provided a fresh flower bouquet for me to toss.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all 2015 brides. I wanted to see if anyone got married on Carnival and was able to sign something to dismiss the photographers from the wedding ceremony. I have heard of people doing this but when I asked the wedding coordinator she kind of beat around the bush about it. Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with this for their wedding.

Hey all 2015 brides. I wanted to see if anyone got married on Carnival and was able to sign something to dismiss the photographers from the wedding ceremony. I have heard of people doing this but when I asked the wedding coordinator she kind of beat around the bush about it. Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with this for their wedding.

Why would you want to do that?

I'm trying to save money by having my friend take a few pictures.

Why don't you do both? You don't pay for the photographer so you may as well utilize him. I believe you can buy pictures a la carts and not just in packages so it's a good option in case you fall in love with one or two of his pictures. I will say that I was blown away by how good they came out.

Why don't you do both? You don't pay for the photographer so you may as well utilize him. I believe you can buy pictures a la carts and not just in packages so it's a good option in case you fall in love with one or two of his pictures. I will say that I was blown away by how good they came out.

Trust me. Budget for the pics. The photographer is included in the wedding package. So he/she is snapping away for free. You don't have to buy anything but when you see the photos you won't be able to resist.

I budgeted $800 for photos and ended up spending double that.