Transfer Reservation to another TA?

Does anyone know if you can transfer a reservation from one TA to another that is offering better perks? I reserved 2 cabins (total of 9 people) with TA #1 and get free gratuities for 2 in each cabin (we have 5 in our cabin so we still have to pay for 3). Another family has also booked (linked with my booking), and there are 2 more possibly booking. I've read that other TAs have offered prepaid gratuities for 2 AND $100 OBC AND spa treatment AND specialty dining. I'm feeling deserving of more perks since I'm a repeat customer to this TA and have brought in at least 2 other bookings. Before I call, I wanted to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation or transferred TAs for any reason. Our cruise is on Allure in April, 2015.

Does anyone know if you can transfer a reservation from one TA to another that is offering better perks? I reserved 2 cabins (total of 9 people) with TA #1 and get free gratuities for 2 in each cabin (we have 5 in our cabin so we still have to pay for 3). Another family has also booked (linked with my booking), and there are 2 more possibly booking. I've read that other TAs have offered prepaid gratuities for 2 AND $100 OBC AND spa treatment AND specialty dining. I'm feeling deserving of more perks since I'm a repeat customer to this TA and have brought in at least 2 other bookings. Before I call, I wanted to know if anyone else has been in a similar situation or transferred TAs for any reason. Our cruise is on Allure in April, 2015.

The travel agent must agree to release the booking to another travel agent.

Do you think that s/he is going to do that?

I don't.

:eek:

You can but as MM says your present TA must agree to release the booking.

Yes, the 1st TA must agree to release the booking....they are not required to do so

BTW...you do realize that, while many of the on line, big box, and/or warehouse club "TAs" offer 'perks'....there are TAs who actually provide service...and any perks that THEY give come out of their COMMISSION...as in their SALARY??

Would you give up part of, or much or, YOUR income to a customer? Just something to keep in mind.....

As others have said your TA Needs to agree. However reading the (bolded by me) part of your post I think your TA might not mind losing your Business in the future.:eek:

And there are still people who wonder why some TA's charge cancellation fees. :rolleyes:

You're really stretching it if you think TA's routinely give that much OBC.

for a 7 night cruise

gratuities for 2 - $168

extra OBC - $100

spa (a guess) - $100

spec dining - $ 70

total $458

In order for a TA to cover that much OBC, the cabin would have to cost over $2800 base fare, plus non commissionable, plus taxes.

be happy you got gratuities

You're really stretching it if you think TA's routinely give that much OBC.

for a 7 night cruise

gratuities for 2 - $168

extra OBC - $100

spa (a guess) - $100

spec dining - $ 70

total $458

In order for a TA to cover that much OBC, the cabin would have to cost over $2800 base fare, plus non commissionable, plus taxes.

be happy you got gratuities

Actually, we got all that and a little bit of OBC for being a repeat client. Actually, I think the OBC was maybe from booking on previous cruise but we got everything else. Makes you wonder just how much the commission is!! We have always been happy with our TA - they answer calls and even reduce rate is there is a price drop.

Actually, we got all that and a little bit of OBC for being a repeat client. Actually, I think the OBC was maybe from booking on previous cruise but we got everything else. Makes you wonder just how much the commission is!! We have always been happy with our TA - they answer calls and even reduce rate is there is a price drop.

top TA's make 16% of the base fare of the cruise. Much of the cost of the cabin is not commissionable

Some TAs also run special deals from RCI from time to time ... I've used the same TA multiple times and have once ortwice gotten the larger package with specialtymeals, etc. it just depended I whether I booked with that TA at the right time.

Some TAs also run special deals from RCI from time to time ... I've used the same TA multiple times and have once ortwice gotten the larger package with specialtymeals, etc. it just depended I whether I booked with that TA at the right time.

Silent group bookings (the ones where the customer doesn't really know that they're part of the group) often get better rates as well.