No cabin yet...Guarantee

cruisencrazy

You will likely see it closer to 10 days out or you could get it at the pier. One hint, pretend you are printing your luggage tags. It will show up there as soon as it's assigned. It tales about a day later to populate the reservations side. Goog luck!

I am a guarantee reservation for an inside on the Veendam, May 1. While I was told I will get the cabin a week before I wondered if that is really true. Also I wondered what were the chances of getting a better cabin than I booked? Thanks

Paris182

Cabin assignments usually happen less than 14 days prior to sailing.

I had an unusual thing just happen. We booked an Inside Guarantee on a South Pacific cruise departing this Tuesday. We received our Cabin assignment 10 days ago. Today we just got another notice that we received another Cabin upgrade three days prior to sailing.

Has anyone experienced this ?

I had an unusual thing just happen. We booked an Inside Guarantee on a South Pacific cruise departing this Tuesday. We received our Cabin assignment 10 days ago. Today we just got another notice that we received another Cabin upgrade three days prior to sailing.

Congratulations on the upgrade.

That's awesome! Congrats

I am a guarantee reservation for an inside on the Veendam, May 1. While I was told I will get the cabin a week before I wondered if that is really true. Also I wondered what were the chances of getting a better cabin than I booked? Thanks

Paris182

We also had an inside guarantee on Veendam (lowest price cabin). Our cabin was assigned about 5 days out but it was worth the wait -- we were upgraded to an outside! Hope you have a similar surprise.....

I'm nervous for my MIL! She's cruising May 10 and has a verandah guarantee (can't remember the exact category). I'm keeping track of it all, and she was emailed an offer to upgrade to a suite or the Neptune Suite for something that would be a decent price...if that were possible to do. We ignored it...hoping everyone else offered it will too, and they end up bumping her up. :)

I know, dream on. :p

I was told not to expect my cabin assignment until 3 days out at the earliest, and maybe the day of. Maybe that's the standard thing one is told, but it sounds like a shorter timeframe than what I'm hearing. Wonder why?

Perhaps no one really knows what they are talking about?

Thanks.

Have you ever heard of a double upgrade ?

Yes, on the N.A. in 2010. Booked an H gty, assigned a C 11 days out, reassigned to V at 3 days out. DBiL/DSiL on same cruise also booked H gty, assigned an E at 11 days, reassigned to VE at 3 days. It was our 11th HAL cruise, their first.

I was told not to expect my cabin assignment until 3 days out at the earliest, and maybe the day of. Maybe that's the standard thing one is told, but it sounds like a shorter timeframe than what I'm hearing. Wonder why?
Only once in 15 cruises did we get our initial assignment later than 7 days out. If your TA told you this, I think they just don't want to be pestered if the assignment is later than the usual 12 to 7 days. Edited by catl331

We sail on the 22nd of April and no assignment yet. I suppose this is part of the adventure. I usually book a guarantee and this is the longest I have waited to be assigned a cabin....

Hang in there, we once waited until 1.5 days out-- but it was worth the wait! :D

Booked an H guarantee for the May 17th sailing on the Westerdam to Alaska

Had been checking my account daily and hoping something better would turn up and was prepared to wait until just before I left for a cabin assignment

Got an email today from my TA about an upsell to a V category cabin for $99/pp

Got a VA midship Deck 5 starboard! Pretty happy,think I did OK

I am a first time cruiser to HAL(actually went on a Med cruise in 2000 but couldn't locate my mariner number so was a first timer in their eyes) and a Seattle area resident

I wonder if that combo did it?