Dec or Jan: Eastbound or Westbound?

cluso

Just starting our plans for 2015 or 2016.

Want to do South America in either December or January. Have spent time in various countries there, so we have the land time figured out. Want to do the Horn passage. Looking for inputs on the sea states and sea passage that time of year. Eastbound or westbound for calmer seas?

Thank you!

Just starting our plans for 2015 or 2016.

Want to do South America in either December or January. Have spent time in various countries there, so we have the land time figured out. Want to do the Horn passage. Looking for inputs on the sea states and sea passage that time of year. Eastbound or westbound for calmer seas?

Thank you!

We sailed around Cape Horn this past December going from the Pacific to the Atlantic. We had calm seas during the passage around Cape Horn but as soon as we crossed over into the Atlantic, we got some snow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the Infinity from BA on 5 Jan.

It makes a difference which way you go as to what time of day or night you pass some of the key sites.

We had a great viewing of the glaciers after departing from Ushuaia. Check the itinerary closely as to when you arrive in what port and when you pass the glaciers and Chilean fjords.

• 3 weeks later...

I would do a pre cruise so you have time to adjust to the time zone and most importantly to have time to enjoy the area. Buenos Aires in my opinion has much more to see so I would consider beginning your cruise there.

Keith

We did the Infinity from BA on 5 Jan.

It makes a difference which way you go as to what time of day or night you pass some of the key sites.

We had a great viewing of the glaciers after departing from Ushuaia. Check the itinerary closely as to when you arrive in what port and when you pass the glaciers and Chilean fjords.

So itinerary "A" (BA to Santiago) shows time in Ushuaia 7am to 2pm. Itinerary "B" (Santiago to BA) shows Ushuaia from 12pm to 8pm.

Which time of day and/or schedule is best?