QM2 2014 4th of July cruise FLASH Rate

MCC retired

Just released , FLASH Rates for Balcony & Queens Grill :)

D3 Guarantee $1499

Q5 Guarantee $4398

Not all that great. In March there was a DC balcony guarantee for $1299 and the Q5 flash rate is $100 less then the current fare showing up. But without the flash rate the balconies are now much higher than they were last month.

I had to transfer my booking to a travel agency who gave me the best perks. I found one with a 75.00 on board credit. Plus my Carnival stock which gives on this trip 50.00. That's 125 which is good for such a short trip.

Thanks again Retired!!!!!

It will not show on the Cunard consumer website but will show on POLAR , the TA's website .

Calling Cunard you will be able to book these FLASH fares but without TA discounts or perks .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It will not show on the Cunard consumer website but will show on POLAR , the TA's website .

Calling Cunard you will be able to book these FLASH fares but without TA discounts or perks .

Is there a way for us "common folks" to know, in the future, when these rates become available? I am looking at the July 6 22 day trip from NY on Queen Mary. Thanks.

Lady Hudson

The only way is to call Cunard or have your TA keep you informed of FLASH rates .

The sailing your interested in is close to sold out . Everything above BC is wait list .

Just a handful of insides , oceanview and balcony remain . Doubt you will see any FLASH rates

as what is left is back up to full brochure rates.

• 4 weeks later...

MCC retired

Thanks a bunch for your update! If you did book at 999 (FS) and it went down 100 does Cunard offer any kind of give backs like a bottle of something.

I'm used to early saver on other line and the price is adjusted.

Thanks again

MCC retired

Thanks a bunch for your update! If you did book at 999 (FS) and it went down 100 does Cunard offer any kind of give backs like a bottle of something.

I'm used to early saver on other line and the price is adjusted.

Thanks again

It doesn't hurt to call whomever you booked with and ask for adjustment of rate code FLA to FLB .

Edited by MCC retired

Any flash rates for other July sailings on QM2?

Some of the Transatlantic's for July have a FLASH rate on at least one cabin type, with the exception of the 7/21 14n R/T transatlantic which is back up to brochure rates.

Your TA can check availability of FLASH rates.

Any flash rates for other July sailings on QM2?

Hi Lady Hudson. Just out of curiosity I googled "cunard flash sale". I have no experience with any of the results, so I can't vouch for any of those websites, but at least it gives some idea of what might be available which you can then discuss with your travel agent. (Many travel agents don't make a ton of money, so I don't expect my travel agent to contact me about a flash sale, but she doesn't mind responding to my questions about possible sale rates on a specific cruise I'm interested in taking.)

@MCC Retired, thank you for your posts alerting us to flash sales. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Called travel agency and tried to get the new reduced flash rate and Cunard said NO. They said I would have to cancel my res. and start a new one and that would mean higher fees.

MCC retired keep us all posted for any further reductions. I have my eye on the same cruise at the end of July 2015 and this one is a good predictor.

Have Diamond:) status and that didn't:) help!

Called travel agency and tried to get the new reduced flash rate and Cunard said NO. They said I would have to cancel my res. and start a new one and that would mean higher fees.

MCC retired keep us all posted for any further reductions. I have my eye on the same cruise at the end of July 2015 and this one is a good predictor.

Have Diamond:) status and that didn't:) help!

Yes, FLASH rates are strictly new bookings only . Always "category guarantee's" and always after Final payment .

Any Flash rates for Jul 30, 2015 would not appear until around this time next year.

When I was a TA there seemed to always be FLASH rates for the 5 night QM2 4th of July sailing . Suspect next years July 30th will be no different .

Edited by MCC retired

Hi Lady Hudson. Just out of curiosity I googled "cunard flash sale". I have no experience with any of the results, so I can't vouch for any of those websites, but at least it gives some idea of what might be available which you can then discuss with your travel agent. (Many travel agents don't make a ton of money, so I don't expect my travel agent to contact me about a flash sale, but she doesn't mind responding to my questions about possible sale rates on a specific cruise I'm interested in taking.)

@MCC Retired, thank you for your posts alerting us to flash sales. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Salacia

Thanks. I will try that.

Thanks. I will try that.

Hope you can still get a "flash rate " for July 6th.

Have you seen my posting re the exorbitant cost of Cunard pre cruise one night stay in New York, my July cost (through Cunard) is $590, same package for Sept 27th , Cunard asked $790! A check with the hotels showed the charge for solo occ. of room for one night would be from $349-$400, making Cunard's charge for transport from airport/hotel/ship over $400 Ridiculous.

I have moved condos since we met on my last cruise, doing July (22 days) and Sept (19 days) this year, have a booking for April 2015, if the "grim reaper" stays away from my door.

Hoping you can get a deal, and can keep cruising .

Best wishes

Lynn

I am still watching for July but it is looking less and less likely. Are you doing the cruise late in September? I am watching that one too, though I am on a Bermuda trip with girlfriends on 9/20 to 9/25. But since I do not have to book airfare I can book last minute. Hope to see you soon:)

I am still watching for July but it is looking less and less likely. Are you doing the cruise late in September? I am watching that one too, though I am on a Bermuda trip with girlfriends on 9/20 to 9/25. But since I do not have to book airfare I can book last minute. Hope to see you soon:)

The cruise is Sept 27th, QM2 going out of Manhattan!!!! Cruise is l9 days , TA+ Belgium+France then TA back to NY.

Sorry you will not be on the July trip.

Lynn