Ice cream machines on Getaway

MPH711

I know some lines have their ice cream/frozen yogurt machines open 24 hours. What is the story on the Getaway? What hours and where are they located?

No 24 hour ice cream that I saw on the Getaway. The buffet has 4 soft serve machines open during the hours that the buffet is open. The buffet also has 2 ice cream stations staffed with someone serving you "real" ice cream. There were 8 flavors to choose from. O'Sheehan's now serves ice cream (milkshakes and sundaes) but they are about $4-$6 and are only served until 11.

Also, you can get ice cream served at dessert in the MDRs and most specialty restaurants.

Soft Serve 'Ice Milk" - location on the NCL STAR Please and Thanks ?!

On the NCL SUN it is in the sheltered buffet area behind the Great Outdoors Cafe Aft Pool Deck (11) - open roughly from noon to 2300.

Selection of Vanilla and Chocolate and dual mix - Yum Yum !

If making a cone OK - if making a dish to go with cookies grab a spoon from

somewhere else - spoons not available conveniently.

Coffee and juice machines right behind you at Soft Serve station.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

The stuff in the soft serve machines is ice milk? It tasted like real ice cream to me.

I preferred the hand scooped ice cream, there was a good flavour selection that rotated/changed. Especially loved the pineapple sherbet. I also liked the kiwi sherbet but I think I only saw that one or two days.

I have looked at a number of Freestyle Daily's for the Getaway but never saw one that gave the hours for the ice cream machines.
The times the buffet is open are listed in the dailies though, and that's when the ice cream machines and the hand scooped ice cream is available.