Shopping in Bermuda

Once you dock in Bermuda, you can buy a bus and ferry pass that will enable you to travel by either mode of transportation.

Once you get off the ship ask the first person on shore where to get the bus/ferry pass it is very close to the ship.

This pass can be for 2 or 3 days and last year cost us about $35.00 for 3 days with unlimitted bus and ferry rides.

There are two different ferries, one for Hamilton and one for St. George. We usually take the ferry to St George as it is a beautiful ride then come back on the bus for a different view.

Hamilton is the main city and thus the shopping area, banks hotels etc.

As far as going to Horseshoe bay, there are special buses that will take you there. Again your bus pass will be great.

Just ask anyone and they will show you where the Horseshoe bay bus is, you actually have to walk past the buses to get to the ferry.

The local drink is a dark and stormy. It is worth trying.

Sue

Take the water taxi from the docking port to Hamilton.....very convenient and cheap......Read post from go fish below that beat mine by minutes

Then be prepared for sticker shock in the stores.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

i need any suggestions with shopping in bermuda and transportation to get

there

thanks

3 major areas , dockyard, Hamilton and St George, as said before best way to go there is the ferry, shopping is beter in Hamilton and St George than dockyard, but there are no bargains, there was one perfume store in St George that my wife liked.

3 major areas , dockyard, Hamilton and St George, as said before best way to go there is the ferry, shopping is beter in Hamilton and St George than dockyard, but there are no bargains, there was one perfume store in St George that my wife liked.

St. George has suffered greatly without the larger ships calling there anymore. Many stores have closed and it is not like is used to be.:(

St. George has suffered greatly without the larger ships calling there anymore. Many stores have closed and it is not like is used to be.:(

That is sad to hear. The old days of week long cruising to Bermuda were cool when you would dock at St. George for a day or two and then move to Hamilton. I liked it so much better than being out at the dockyard.