Early deployment bonus not combinable

hulamoon

This may have been discussed while I was out in family business, so apologies if it has been covered.

We disembark in the morning and were told early bookings for new itins bonus were not combinable with the new booking bonuses, we are on the Equinox.

I remember someone mentioning this before I left. Is this other people's experience?

This may have been discussed while I was out in family business, so apologies if it has been covered.

We disembark in the morning and were told early bookings for new itins bonus were not combinable with the new booking bonuses, we are on the Equinox.

I remember someone mentioning this before I left. Is this other people's experience?

As I understand it, the current program if you book on board gives you an on board credit PLUS one other benefit that you can choose if it's offered.

To me, that means that if you are on-board and you book a cruise with an early booking bonus available to you at that time, you get the OBC and the early booking bonus...but you don't get 1-2-3 or any other perks.

If the answer by others is different, I will be both surprised and very very confused.....

Edited by ghstudio

That is my understanding the on board or Open passages OBC is combinable with one other offer. It was an improvement over the previous ones that were not combinable.

Disembarked the Connie last week and according to the Future Cruise office, the new standard will be the following: 123 (after this current run) will ONLY be offered when you book on board. You receive reduced deposits, OBC, and one of the 123 deals. This is how it will be from now on, at least until they change it again.....;) Needless to say, we booked.....

I agree with Doug. I booked two cruises while on board Infinity last month (I actually considered 3 different b2b's) and that is how I understand it. It seems to me that the early deployment bonus would only come into play in a few cases where the cruise you book has no other offer such as 123GO. Since it appears to be the new standard for onboard booking that all cruises except transatlantics, transpacifics and repositioning cruises are being offered the 123GO, the early deployment bonus would not be as good on most cruises.

The early deployment OBC CAN be combined with one other offer. But the most combining you can do is 2 offers. If you were to book something onboard and get the OBC for booking onboard and that cruise was eligible for 123GO (or some other benefit), you would have to choose any two of the offers. If you book a transatlantic, transpacific or repositioning cruise, the onboard booking OBC and early deployment OBC are all you can get.

I booked an Alaska cruise and took the book-on-board OBC and 123GO gratuities (because that was worth more than the 123GO OBC and we don't need the drink package and both were worth more than the early deployment bonus). The b2b transpacific from Vancouver to Japan was not eligible for any other offer so I took the early deployment OBC.

I do not know what period of time the early deployment bonus is offered or if it is also limited to bookings made onboard.

Edited by bob278

Currently waiting in Tuscan Grille to disembark. Was going to book a TA and a 14 day Caribbean. Or possibly a Caribbean and move to TA later. I can see I should have just booked both because the TA may have been eligible for the early deployment. We were told to forget early deployment unless we booked onshore.

Maybe the office is open and it is not too late.

I will say this equinox cruise was amazing. From start to finish.

Just got called. Guess I will have to work it out later.