Rome Cabs

SID1962

We too only use stefano and I am convinced that

Every limo driver... Hotel front desk...museum ticket seller...restaurant driver...your operator....port agent....

Know and love and trust stefano as much as we do

When my 18 yo and friends were traveling to their study abroad program my email to him was very specific.....something like

Get them safely to their destination!!

There was a slight snafu here at home regarding the study abroad programs transfers from fco so my dd said ...just email stefano to get us or I am not getting on the plane! Lol

She wasn't going anywhere from fco unless it was Rome cabs!!

Fast forward 7 years... She is fluent in Italian and knows the roman back roads and nooks and crannies like the back of her hand... And if course as a grad student is broke... So she is very comfortable on the Leonardo express and staying in hostels!! Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I was just wondering if anyone booked RomeCabs and paid in advance using Paypal. Did you have any issues with the driver proving that the trip was already paid for?? I would then tip the driver in cash.

Hello, I am back from my cruise and just thought I would answer my own question.:)

we booked RomeCabs on line with no difficulties and I paid by Paypal. They were 20 Euros less expensive than booking a car from the hotel for our transfer from the hotel to the Port. We promptly received emails with all the information we needed.

Our driver, Rossella, arrived early because it was raining and she was accounting for traffic delays. She was fully aware that I had prepaid by PayPal before I even mentioned it so I did not even need to show her my copy of the invoice. It was very convenient and I am glad I used the pay in advance service.

Rossela was a very professional driver and we enjoyed our trip with her. She dropped us off at the port directly in front of the doors to the terminal to check in. Great service! We will definitely use them again.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I have used Rome Cabs the past three years for all of our transportation needs while visiting Rome and cruising. Nothing makes me feel more relieved than to get off that 10 hour flight or return from a cruise and see our driver from Rome Cabs there with a placard with our name on it. We are planning to return next fall and would not consider using anyone else!

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I, too, have used Rome Cabs with great success in the past. We were lucky enough to land Stefano for tours in Rome, for Civitavecchia/Rome tours, and a Rome to Assisi day which was beyond amazing!

We, too, have paid in advance by PayPal, which I infinitely prefer to carrying all that cash when we are touring and it's a safe bet IMHO, since they don't even require a deposit like so many other providers do.

We are booked on a port intensive HAL cruise with lots of stops in Italy. I checked the website today, and see Romecabs also does tours from Livorno and Naples. Has anyone used them for those cities, and do you know if they offer multi-city discounts?

Got an email out to them to ask the question, but curious as to whether any fellow cc'ers answer before they do. Thanks all, in advance!

I have a question about Rome Cabs transfer service. I was on the website today and under the transfer section it says that the drivers mainly speak Italian and some English. If you want English speaking driver you can book a VIP transfer w/ mini tour of Rome prior to hotel drop off. It is E100 for VIP and E50. for transfer only. Does anyone know if the transfer only drivers do speak mostly Italian or do some speak English? I am not interested in a mini tour (been to Rome many times) but transfer only but would like an driver that does speak pretty good English to converse with them.

Thanks so much.

@cruisingmimi - it has been my experience that if you don't request an English-speaking driver, you will get one who understands minimally what you need to pay and where you need to go. I use Google Translate, and it's nothing shy of a miracle for a quick translation in a pinch. You can even play it on the speaker of your phone and it will talk out loud, and translate their replies back to you. The bad news is that with the cost of data roaming overseas, this can exceed the difference in price for an English driver!

If you need or want some dialogue as you travel, by all means, invest in the bilingual drivers. If you need only a basic transfer, the other will suffice, and you should bring a printed copy of your destination to show the driver (e.g. your hotel or the airport) to be sure they understand your forward destination.

Safe travels!

Thanks for the info Rich - very helpful. We are not going (wish we were) but have some friends that are visiting Rome for the first time. They have already booked some tours so not necessary to pay for another one from airport to hotel. I am sure they would be fine even if the driver did not speak excellent English. I have already told her to print out (or put on cell phone) the name of hotel, address, etc. Our first visit to Rome the driver couldn't find our hotel but we didn't travel w/ cell phones, etc. like we do today. I did have the name and info printed out tho and driver was still lost! LOL

They will probably have google maps on the cell also and that will be helpful. Don't think it will be a problem. Thanks again.

We used RomeCabs for the two of us from the port to our B&B in Rome after the cruise, perfect, on time, professional, and reasonable. There are three of us traveling together in Oct. 2015 and we just want to go to the Vatican for the day....are wondering how RomeCabs compares to the ship's Rome On Your Own excursion, which is $99 each.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to chime in about my excellent experience with Rome Cabs. We just returned from a Mediterranean cruise and booked Rome Cabs for our transfer from the port to the airport based on the reviews here on CC. We left the ship at approximately 6:35 AM. We'd reserved the car for 7. However, we picked up our bags by 6:40 and were delighted to see Massimo, our driver, right outside the exit with a big sign with our name. Massimo was professional, extremely helpful in loading the bags and a fine driver.

Many thanks to the CC members who recommended this excellent company!

We have just completed our cruise and we used Rome Cabs at both the beginning and the end of our cruise. I cannot speak highly enough of the service, punctuality, cleanliness and friendliness of their company. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable service.

Yep we just got back too……

Used Romecabs for all 4 of our transfers……. and as usual (we have used them on all our previous trips) they were on time, professional, courteous and just perfect.

It really makes our trips that much easier and more enjoyable when you KNOW that you don't have to worry about getting from one point to another. They are always there with a big sign and a smile ready to take care of us in first class form,

A big thanks to Stefano ! Keep up the good work

• 1 month later...

We used Rome Cabs for both our May 30th Airport Transfers from FCO to Rome and our Civitavecchia Port Transfers from the Artemide Hotel on June 4 and to FCO on June 11th. We are a family of four, who traveled with eight bags (4 large and 4 carry-ons). We were very impressed with the level of service and the quality of the vehicles as well. All three drivers were courteous, punctual, patient, and accommodating, but our driver for June 11th was phenomenal! What a relief to arrive at FCO after a 16 hour flight, locate our bags without fail, and have our driver Constantine waiting for us with a bright smile and large sign! We booked a VP tour from FCO to Rome's Albergo Artemide. We were quite tired, but Constantine managed to hold our interests.

After a four day stay in Rome, we used Rome Cab again for our transfer to the port. The driver was professional and the vehicle was spacious and immaculate. The very best transfer was with Alex, who promptly picked us from the Allure to transport us to FCO for our departure flight. Alex was engaging, knowledgeable about the area, and genuinely interested in our stay in Italy. He extended us a true Italian welcome and good-bye and was such a pleasure to talk to for the entire family. I wish he had been our driver for the one-hour guided driving tour we had on May 30th in transport to Rome. Had he been our driver from the onset, I am confident that his delivery would have been more entertaining for the children and really would have helped to get them excited about the historical aspects of the trip. He truly was an effective communicator, and he made our final transfer very entertaining. In fact, because of him, we intend to visit Tuscany and Sicily in the future. We will definitely request him again and recommend him to our friends and family and fellow Cruise Critics and Trip advisers. Thanks so much Rome Cabs for making our transfers worry and hassle-free! :)

• 2 weeks later...

just returned from Italy and used Rome Cabs four times even did the vip tour-all drivers professional and engaging-they even gave a restaurant recommendation that turned out to be our best meal in Rome! highly recomend

They sound like a wonderful company based on all these posts but no one has mentioned whether they used them as a tour for a shore excursion from Livorno. They have several from that port and would like to hear from someone who has done this tour with Rome Cabs to Pisa and Florence? Anyone? :)

They sound like a wonderful company based on all these posts but no one has mentioned whether they used them as a tour for a shore excursion from Livorno. They have several from that port and would like to hear from someone who has done this tour with Rome Cabs to Pisa and Florence? Anyone? :)

Rome cabs is headquartered in Rome. I know stefano has expanded and partnered with some other tour companies in recent years so it would be my guess that in Livorno etc you will get a subcontractor.... Just like you get when booking with romeinlimo.

Stefano Costantini does do day tours in Rome and the environs ( he is an Etruscan buff) so we have not only used his company for airport/port runs but we also used him for Ceri/Cevreteri/Lake Braccciano tour when our cruise from Venice called on civitivecchia. We love stefano so we knew to book him early and specify him as our guide. He loves doing any and all Etruscan tours and what a special day we had.

Stefano is very well known in the Italian tour industry so IMHO anyone he contracts out to in Livorno will be just as good

Tourism is such big business in Italy that it is rare to get get a bad tour guide anyway.

Use Rome cabs and don't fret.....book....confirm....and reconfirm via email. No problem

Rome cabs is headquartered in Rome. I know stefano has expanded and partnered with some other tour companies in recent years so it would be my guess that in Livorno etc you will get a subcontractor.... Just like you get when booking with romeinlimo.

Stefano Costantini does do day tours in Rome and the environs ( he is an Etruscan buff) so we have not only used his company for airport/port runs but we also used him for Ceri/Cevreteri/Lake Braccciano tour when our cruise from Venice called on civitivecchia. We love stefano so we knew to book him early and specify him as our guide. He loves doing any and all Etruscan tours and what a special day we had.

Stefano is very well known in the Italian tour industry so IMHO anyone he contracts out to in Livorno will be just as good

Tourism is such big business in Italy that it is rare to get get a bad tour guide anyway.

Use Rome cabs and don't fret.....book....confirm....and reconfirm via email. No problem

Thanks for the info...:)

Echo Gracie115. I am using Stefano for transfers in Civitavecchia as well for all-day shore excursions in Naples and Livorno.

Have always had an extremely positive experience with Stefano/RomeCabs and we are looking forward to another go at Italy this September! Will report back when we return, and again, apologies for the double-post. The latter half of my message was cut off (was posting on the way into work on my phone)

I think my friend and I (two ladies with one suitcase each and totebags) would like to book with Rome Cabs from Civitavecchia to our hotel in Rome. How can I estimate the time we will be off the ship when we get to the port? Nieuw Amsterdam docks at 7:00 am, but I assume the passengers with flights will be given first priority off the ship.

Should I take a guess and say 9:30 or 10:00? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mrs Muir, traveling without DH for the first time (he's staying home with the kitties)

I think my friend and I (two ladies with one suitcase each and totebags) would like to book with Rome Cabs from Civitavecchia to our hotel in Rome. How can I estimate the time we will be off the ship when we get to the port? Nieuw Amsterdam docks at 7:00 am, but I assume the passengers with flights will be given first priority off the ship.

Should I take a guess and say 9:30 or 10:00? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mrs Muir, traveling without DH for the first time (he's staying home with the kitties)

They will tell you what time they will meet you so no worries

Also no customs so you will be off promptly

You are the drivers morning gig so he/she will wait

It's not like they have another pickup an hour later

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello:

My family just returned from Rome after our Celebrity Equinox cruise that ended 6/27 in Rome. We again used Rome Cabs for our port and airport transportation as well as Stefano's tour company for a full-day tour to Orvieto from Rome. We first used Rome Cabs in 2008 after a CC recommendation and have since been to Rome 3 times - always using Rome Cabs to get us from the cruise port and/or airport to the city and return. Without fail, his drivers are ultra-professional, fun-loving, safe, courteous, and above all - punctual. We had an especially good time on our full-day tour to Orvieto, in large part, due to the great service provided to us by RC's driver, Vincenzo. And while I've never met Stefano in person, I feel that I know him well from our email exchanges and the always-delivered 5-star service of his team of drivers. Traveling can be hectic at times, but with RC, there is never a fear of a missed connection or pick up. Book your trip - get your confirmation - and settle in without worry!