Princess Cruise Tour New Zealand/Australia

rcm95060

Looking for information on formal nights for cruise. Do men have to wear suits or would a nice Hawaiian shirt do. With weight restrictions on flights a suit is not possible.

Thank you in advance for your help

Rhana

Been on a number of princess cruises in Aus/NZ. For formal night wouldn't wear a Hawaiian shirt. Have seen many men just wearing dress pants, shirts and tie and not bothering with a jacket. To dress it up a bit, my son also wore his waistcoast and looked really smart without having to pack a suit jacket.

Just got back from a NZ/AUS cruise. Well, it was actually this past Feb, but feels like I just got back. I agree with Datone. On formal nights most are suited up (sports coated up?). I think you would be out of place in a Hawaiian shirt. The suggestion of a LS shirt/tie/vest might be worth considering as a nice compromise if you absolutely need to avoid packing a suit coat.

Thank you for your suggestions. Guys will be wearing shirt and ties (oh and pants too).

Have any of you been to the park in Tasmania to see the devils? If yes, do you really have to wash your shoes and are they really inspected?

Rhana

Thank you for your suggestions. Guys will be wearing shirt and ties (oh and pants too).

Have any of you been to the park in Tasmania to see the devils? If yes, do you really have to wash your shoes and are they really inspected?

Rhana

The wildlife sanctuary we went to was outside of Hobart. We were there this past Feb. There were no requirements to wash your shoes. There is a place to wash your hands, which you will probably want to do after scratching all of the kangaroos. The Tasmanian Devils are in closed off areas. The Kangaroos are all over the place and share the same paths as us humans.

When we disembarked in Sydney, we honestly reported that we had been on a sheep farm in NZ (for the dog trials) and the wildlife sanctuary in Hobart. We were pulled aside where I showed the customs person the bottoms of my shoes. Then we were quickly waived through. I don't think they are used to people reporting honestly on the entry form (whatever it is called).

Edit -- sorry I misunderstood your question. I thought you meant was it required to wash your shoes while at the park. It was not when we were there. I think it would be a good idea to clean the soles of your shoes, especially if you happen to have stepped in something unpleasant while at the park.

Edited by ldubs