Has anyone used the Thermal Suite on HAL's Westerdam?

SEAEDP

I"m thinking about buying a Thermal Suite Package on the Westerdam for my cruise to Alaska on May 3. For the week, it's $150 per person.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it? What are the perks?

If it's only the Hydropool, then can't I just use the hot tubs on the main decks? There is very little information on the HAL site about this.

I have used it on the Osterdam and the Eurodam. The package includes use of the heated thermal loungers and the hydrotherapy spa room. The first time I booked the week package on the Osterdam. I did enjoy the package, but felt in order to get my money's worth I needed to use it everyday. It seemed to take a lot of time out of my day. I would spend 1 1/2 at the spa and then back to the cabin to get ready for the days activities (another 1/2 hour). The next time on the Eurodam, I just purchased the package on a daily basis and used it 3 days. That way I had more free time for other things. I guess it's just a matter of preference about how much time you want to spend in the spa and how much time you want to spend doing other things. I plan to book only on a daily basis on the NA this fall. All that being said, it is true bliss!

Edited by TrolleyGirl

I have used it on the Osterdam and the Eurodam. The package includes use of the heated thermal loungers and the hydrotherapy spa room. The first time I booked the week package on the Osterdam. I did enjoy the package, but felt in order to get my money's worth I needed to use it everyday. It seemed to take a lot of time out of my day. I would spend 1 1/2 at the spa and then back to the cabin to get ready for the days activities (another 1/2 hour). The next time on the Eurodam, I just purchased the package on a daily basis and used it 3 days. That way I had more free time for other things. I guess it's just a matter of preference about how much time you want to spend in the spa and how much time you want to spend doing other things. I plan to book only on a daily basis on the NA this fall. All that being said, it is true bliss!

Great idea! Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about purchasing it by the day....I just assumed it was a full on weekly package.

We have purchased this package while onboard Westerdam, Zuiderdam, and Oosterdam. We truly enjoy the thermal pool, and the heated lounges are so relaxing. On sea days, we try and go in the afternoon, and on port days, we'll sometimes go after dinner, rather than taking in one of the shows.

We also wait and book this package on embarkation day, because they usually run a 'special' on spa bookings that day.

We don't book these packages on the S or R class ships as the thermal pools on these smaller ships is not the full-size pool on the Vista class ships, but basically a hot tub.

The Hydropool and the Thermal Suite are the hands-down favorites of mine on the Vista and Signature Class ships. In my opinion, worth every cent! Like a previous poster, the R and S Class ships lack the Hydropool; if I want a Hot Tub, those are "free". I do not book this on those vessels.

I agree with Krazy Kruisers that there is so much to do and see on an Alaskan cruise, one might not receive the benefit from the Pool and Suite for whatever one paid, if one bought a pass for the entire cruise.

A daily pass would be a better way to go, I think, because there will likely be days when the weather for sightseeing from the ship might not be so great. Or, one wants to do something different for while.

That said, I have been told that there is a limit to the number of daily passes sold. (I do not know the cost.) So, if one wants one, getting to the Greenhouse Spa soon after it opens would be recommended. (I do know that advance daily passes are sold.)

We have done the Thermal Spa package on several of the Vista class ships and loved the experience. Having said that, I must point out that last Sept on our AK cruise on the Westerdam we passed on this since we had so many other things to do - ports, Glacier viewing, etc.

It is a better deal on a cruise that you are not going to do much.

DaveOKC

The Hydropool and the Thermal Suite are the hands-down favorites of mine on the Vista and Signature Class ships. In my opinion, worth every cent! Like a previous poster, the R and S Class ships lack the Hydropool; if I want a Hot Tub, those are "free". I do not book this on those vessels.

I agree with Krazy Kruisers that there is so much to do and see on an Alaskan cruise, one might not receive the benefit from the Pool and Suite for whatever one paid, if one bought a pass for the entire cruise.

A daily pass would be a better way to go, I think, because there will likely be days when the weather for sightseeing from the ship might not be so great. Or, one wants to do something different for while.

That said, I have been told that there is a limit to the number of daily passes sold. (I do not know the cost.) So, if one wants one, getting to the Greenhouse Spa soon after it opens would be recommended. (I do know that advance daily passes are sold.)

yes, i have seen people "refused" a day pass because they were filled to capacity.... if you think you will use the area for 3-4 days out of a 7 day cruise - it is cheaper to go with the weekly pass.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

It is one of the best thermal suites on sea, and the Hydro pool is an oasis away from everyone. Do book it on the first day, as it may sell out. I think I recall a special on the first day (embarkation day), and usually there may be a discount if you book for 2.

If you do get a massage or some other treatment in the greenhouse spa, I think they throw in a day pass.

I have done the thermal suite package on the Oosterdam many times, and just love it. I use it every day, so it's definitely worth it to me. I will be on the Westerdam to Alaska in June and one of the first things I will do once I get on board is go straight to the spa and buy that pass. :D