Lisa Richard Summit CD

rsail203

She comes on strong, and we did not like her when we first encountered her on the Sillie last May. However, after hearing her story (which she didn't give until the end of the cruise) and hearing her sing, we really admired her and learned to enjoyed her. :) Awesome voice! Would like to have her as a CD once again. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

She comes on strong, and we did not like her when we first encountered her on the Sillie last May. However, after hearing her story (which she didn't give until the end of the cruise) and hearing her sing, we really admired her and learned to enjoyed her. :) Awesome voice! Would like to have her as a CD once again. ;)

What is Sillie?

I had her on Silhouette last fall. I wasn't thrilled with the entertainment in general on that cruise, but I think she did a competent, professional job. Nothing flashy or spectacular, just an old school professional CD.

That was my take. Enjoy your cruise!

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the answers people.

Lisa Richard is one of two cruise directors I would look for a cruise just to be with her. She is one of the top CDs I have sailed with (21 cruises). The other was on Royal Caribbean Jimmy Rhodes. I sailed with him on Oasis but he is now on Quantum. I rarely remember a CD very long after a cruise is over, but these two I still remember years later - Lisa 6 yrs ago and Jimmy just over a year ago.

Lisa was very friendly and just blended in with the group at our CC gathering. I did not realize who she was. Like others have said she is very approachable and friendly. When you hear her perform, you will be amazed. You can see her performances on You Tube when other cruisers have recorded her performance of Winner Takes It All. I also remember her teaching the passengers the dance to Dancing Queen from Mama Mia.

Listed where?

There is a thread on this board called "WHO's ON BOARD, Officers, Staff and Crew" started by Arno. CC members post updates on ships they have recently sailed. You can check it out to see who will possibly be on board your sailing.

Lisa was the CD on Silhouette when we cruised on her two years ago. She was very pleasant and down to Earth and as others have said, has a great singing voice. Something I appreciate about the CD's on X in general is that they come off as professional and very competent without being over-the-top and yelling all the time like some of the cheesy ones we have seen on other lines.

We're going on the Summit next month and Lisa is listed as their Cruise Directer.

Where is "Lisa listed on Summit"?

Ken Mills is presently the CD on Summit.

Lisa's location has not been reported by anyone since August.

There is a Lisa as Concierge in Michael's Club.

Edited by Arno.

Where is "Lisa listed on Summit"?

Ken Mills is presently the CD on Summit.

Lisa's location has not been reported by anyone since August.

There is a Lisa as Concierge in Michael's Club.

This thread is from April. I am not sure why dolfansam brought it back up, but that may explain the confusion of where Lisa is. :D

I just sailed on the Summit 3 weeks ago and Richard Spacey was the CD

And I just sailed just over week ago and he is no longer there. As stated above by Arno, it is now Ken Mills (was on my sailing). Looks like Richard now works in the office? Read this thread below with detail about Richard, looks like he last sailed on the Summit a few weeks ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135043

Richard is a CD with Royal, not Celebrity. Last I heard he was still with them, but you can ask over on the Royal board.

Not anymore, he moved over to X, first in a shoreside position and more recently as a CD. Either way he's definitely with X now.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

The Cruise Director has never been an important person to me. I don't ever understand why some people find this important. What am I missing?

LOL ... I think same as you as I hardly make notice of them (so I thought). That said, if you attend a show (where they do all the intros and selling of other events going on) or watch any repetitive commentary from them on your TV and discover they have what you find an annoying persona you tend to pay more attention ... lets just say I kind of understood why it might matter on this past Summit cruise :p

Edited by poffles