My First Disney Cruise! A PICTURE Review of Disney Dream!!

jwalk03

Loved your review!! I am not planning a Disney cruise...well I was not planning a Disney cruise but now I have changed my mind. Thanks for taking the time to do this review :)

krystal

sent from my broken Samsung

Loved your review!! I am not planning a Disney cruise...well I was not planning a Disney cruise but now I have changed my mind. Thanks for taking the time to do this review :)

krystal

sent from my broken Samsung

Glad you enjoyed it. You will be glad you did! DCL was fabulous! I can't wait to go back!

Really enjoyed your review!

I was thinking about what you said about docking instead of tendering for Castaway Cay wasn't a deal-breaker. I was on a Princess cruise last Christmas and the weather was too bad (raining, wind and choppy seas) that we stopped outside Princess Cays (Princess private island/enclave in the Bahamas) for like 5min, then the captain decided that tendering was unsafe, and we continued slowly towards back towards Fort Lauderdale and got an unexpected sea day as the last day of the cruise. It was a disappointment, but the weather made a beach day kind of pointless anyway. I hear on CC that this happens a lot for the private islands. I suppose that by having a sheltered dock/pier in Castaway Cay, DCL can almost always dock as planned and I think Disney prefers to avoid regularly disappointing their guests ;)

Enjoyed your review very much! We are "Platinum" cruisers on DCL - took our "kids" on their first cruise, a Disney cruise, when they were in their early thirties; you might guess our family members are big Disney fans. We have sailed on all four DCL ships. We love the 4 night Disney Dream cruise in mid-winter (like early February) - just us "big" kids. Can hardly wait to take our grandson and his parents, of course, in a couple years. Thanks for sharing your observations and photos.

jwalk - Oh my gosh I could feel your anguish on that last evening. The very worst part of a cruise is definitely having to get off the ship!

The pics of your wife and daughter were priceless. I could tell you were all having a great time. Really makes me want to cruise Disney! Thank you for a great review!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the amazing review and awesome photos (what type/brand of camera)?

Also appreciate you sharing your "girls" with us - the little one is just precious and your fiancé lovely.

We are taking our grand-daughter on the DREAM departing on her 4th birthday in November- it will be a thrill for her IF she can see lots of princesses!

Again, thank you!

After reading your review....a Disney Cruise is definitely on my agenda now. Castaway Cay looks like so much fun :)

Thanks for reading. I have read SEVERAL of you Carnival reviews, glad I could return the favor!

I love Carnival, I really do, but I was blown away by Disney. I will certainly cruise both Disney and Carnival again!

Castaway Cay was AWESOME! You will not be dissappointed.

Really enjoyed your report, especially as we're doing the 3-night Dream cruise with our family next month and we've never taken an ocean-going cruise before, so are not sure what to expect.

I'm super jealous! You will have an awesome time. Its impossible to do everything on board the Dream in only 3 days, but you can certainly have fun trying!!

Thank you for the amazing review and awesome photos (what type/brand of camera)?

Also appreciate you sharing your "girls" with us - the little one is just precious and your fiancé lovely.

We are taking our grand-daughter on the DREAM departing on her 4th birthday in November- it will be a thrill for her IF she can see lots of princesses!

Again, thank you!

I have 2 cameras. A very old Cannon that has been dropped and beat so many times it is almost all white and it used to be black, but still works! It very small and easy to carry around, one of the best digital cameras I have ever used.

The second one is a Nikon waterproof camera I got last summer. I also like it alot. Its a little slower than the Canon, but works GREAT underwater! WAY better than my old underwater camera that was terrible!

There should be PLENTY of princesses for her, I'm sure. I would say I saw Cinderella, Belle, Tiana the most, but there were some others as well. (Snow White, Ariel, and Jasmine come to mind too.)

Really enjoyed your review!

I was thinking about what you said about docking instead of tendering for Castaway Cay wasn't a deal-breaker. I was on a Princess cruise last Christmas and the weather was too bad (raining, wind and choppy seas) that we stopped outside Princess Cays (Princess private island/enclave in the Bahamas) for like 5min, then the captain decided that tendering was unsafe, and we continued slowly towards back towards Fort Lauderdale and got an unexpected sea day as the last day of the cruise. It was a disappointment, but the weather made a beach day kind of pointless anyway. I hear on CC that this happens a lot for the private islands. I suppose that by having a sheltered dock/pier in Castaway Cay, DCL can almost always dock as planned and I think Disney prefers to avoid regularly disappointing their guests ;)

Yeah I have not heard of any (though I am sure it has happened at some point.) times when Disney had to skip CC. The dock makes it SOOO much easier than tendering. The other lines should def consider making the required investment the way Disney has at their private island.

We did make sure to leave our auto gratuities on (as we would have anyway) because the service we received throughout the cruise was fabulous, we just were not in the restaurant to pass out the envelopes. Is the envelope thing really necessary with auto gratuities? I mean to others enjoy doing this, or is it just a tradition for some? Just curious, as I have never done this on Carnival, just leave the auto gratuities on, move along, making my vacation experience as simple as possible.

I really enjoyed reading your review.

We used the envelopes for our waiter and assistant waiter. They went so far and beyond our wildest expectations, that what was on the auto gratuities was not enough.

I really enjoyed your review. We are taking our second 4 night Dream next month, a year and a half after the first one. Reading your review and looking at your photos brought back how much I enjoyed the first one, and got me really excited for next month's adventure.

I'm very jealous of all of you that have commented that you are leaving soon on a Disney cruise!! I did bite the bullet a book a 2nd Disney cruise though! Very excited! But not going again until October 2015 on the Disney Wonder. Really looking forward to it, even though I have a LONG WAIT ahead!