Transfer from Airport (FCO) to hotel at port

Chazteach1

We are doing b2b in June/July and flying into Rome, FCO a day early. We are staying at a hotel in Civitavecchia 1 mile from the port. I have completed check-in and Xpress pass info, (not printed yet). I selected from flight to port for the transfer. Will the transfer take us to the hotel since the ship isn't leaving until the next evening or should I make other arrangements?

Have you checked to see what your hotel offers? Some do provide this service, but again, it depends on your hotel. Otherwise, you may want to hire a cab. We hire a cab when we stay in Southampton. When checking this for our next cruise, the hotel did provide service; however, a cab might be cheaper than a pricier hotel. You may inquire on the Roll Call to see if anyone want to join you to make it cheaper. Also, the hotel can give you information...

Edited by Lastdance

Hi,

Me and my family are going to be on the Silhouette out of Rome and I was also researching on the same. Here are some options for you to consider.

1. We used the ship's transfer services back in 2011 (on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas) and found it very convenient. Our bags were taken in the airport itself (with the luggage tags on) and delivered straight to our rooms. We just got onto the bus waiting outside the airport and were whisked away to port. I'm not sure how it would work if you are arriving a day earlier. This was also expensive at around USD 100 per person. It makes sense if you are travelling alone or as a couple. If you are 3 or more in a group, a private transfer works out more economical.

2. A private transfer via a cab is the 2nd option. I've checked this very forum and alot of people seem to advice rome cabs as a tried and tested service provider and it costs approx 150 Euros for a 1 way trip from Rome to Civitaveccia. Its slightly less from the airport to the port.

3. The trains are also a good option and by far the cheapest mode of transport. It was our 3rd time in Rome last year (2013) and we felt brave enough to use it during our 1 day excursion in Rome. We travelled between the port to Rome and back for less than 30 Euros per person and found the trains safe, easy to navigate, clean, convenient and it saved us alot of time as well. However travelling with bags is something I am considering doing in June this year.

4. I wouldn't go with the hotel transfer unless its a bus, as I am sure it would be more expensive. However there is no harm in asking. We got lucky in Barcelona (our hotel had a shuttle for 10 Euros) instead of a cab which would have cost us 40 Euros.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful Cruise.

Nick

Here is a very viable option .Book into the executive floor of the Hilton hotel at the airport. You can then get into the executive lounge & eat all 3 meals free . full American Breakfast ,lunch & dinner .Great bargain :D

You should meet others on your cruise staying at the Hilton & get with them to share a van from Limos in Rome .We did it all & it was so reasonable;):D .In fact if you have time stay several days to see Rome .The hotel has a bus that will take you into Rome 8 times daily & out 8 times daily . The bus can drop you off 1/2 block to catch the HOHO bus . Oh BTW ,if you want good & inexpensive tours try viator.com .They hire great tour guides

Don't miss seeing Rome;) .It is the eternal city & the first cosmopolitan city in Europe :D Fabulous city

PS you can even walk from FCO to the airport Hilton --no taxi needed

Edited by mcrcruiser

Here is a very viable option .Book into the executive floor of the Hilton hotel at the airport. You can then get into the executive lounge & eat all 3 meals free . full American Breakfast ,lunch & dinner .Great bargain :D

You should meet others on your cruise staying at the Hilton & get with them to share a van from Limos in Rome .We did it all & it was so reasonable;):D .In fact if you have time stay several days to see Rome .The hotel has a bus that will take you into Rome 8 times daily & out 8 times daily . The bus can drop you off 1/2 block to catch the HOHO bus . Oh BTW ,if you want good & inexpensive tours try viator.com .They hire great tour guides

Don't miss seeing Rome;) .It is the eternal city & the first cosmopolitan city in Europe :D Fabulous city

PS you can even walk from FCO to the airport Hilton --no taxi needed

We've been to Rome before and seen a lot. Also will have another stop during the 2nd leg of the cruise.

Thank you for the info..

Hi,

Me and my family are going to be on the Silhouette out of Rome and I was also researching on the same. Here are some options for you to consider.

1. We used the ship's transfer services back in 2011 (on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas) and found it very convenient. Our bags were taken in the airport itself (with the luggage tags on) and delivered straight to our rooms. We just got onto the bus waiting outside the airport and were whisked away to port. I'm not sure how it would work if you are arriving a day earlier. This was also expensive at around USD 100 per person. It makes sense if you are travelling alone or as a couple. If you are 3 or more in a group, a private transfer works out more economical.

2. A private transfer via a cab is the 2nd option. I've checked this very forum and alot of people seem to advice rome cabs as a tried and tested service provider and it costs approx 150 Euros for a 1 way trip from Rome to Civitaveccia. Its slightly less from the airport to the port.

3. The trains are also a good option and by far the cheapest mode of transport. It was our 3rd time in Rome last year (2013) and we felt brave enough to use it during our 1 day excursion in Rome. We travelled between the port to Rome and back for less than 30 Euros per person and found the trains safe, easy to navigate, clean, convenient and it saved us alot of time as well. However travelling with bags is something I am considering doing in June this year.

4. I wouldn't go with the hotel transfer unless its a bus, as I am sure it would be more expensive. However there is no harm in asking. We got lucky in Barcelona (our hotel had a shuttle for 10 Euros) instead of a cab which would have cost us 40 Euros.

Hope this helps! Have a wonderful Cruise.

Nick

Thank you for the info. I'm trying to reach my Celebrity Trip Advisor to ask and we will see what our options are.

We have booked Rome Cabs for our transfers before our Reflection cruise out of Rome in May. We have used them before, found them excellent. I think you'll find that Celebrity transfers are about the same cost as a car service for 2 of you, less if you have more people. Check them out.