Carnival Price drops and!!!

fishtaco

Are too many Carnival cruisers now "expecting" price drops after they have booked as the norm?

The GFC is almost over and companies all over the world use cleaver marketing tactics but it seems to me on visiting the Carnival board of late (because I am doing another Carnival cruise) that some on CC are surprised or even disgruntled that they have not got or are not getting price reductions:confused:

Edited by fishtaco
Spelling and Beer

I have no expectations for a price drop. I don't even book ES anymore. I have received price drops on both my Princess cruises.

Realistic you are:)

But I cant help but notice the amount of people asking when they will get a price reduction even when their category is sold out:confused:

I think its a good thing to check all the time and its a win/win in my mind.

if I see a price drop and get it, Im happy Im checking and saving some money

if I dont see a price drop at all, I am satisfied that with all my research and all my checking, I got the best price for the cruise that I could get.

if I dont see a price drop at all, I am satisfied that with all my research and all my checking, I got the best price for the cruise that I could get.

Nothing wrong with checking for the bonus of a price drop but there seems to be an "expectation" over the past few years from some cruisers:)

I just started a thread where maybe we can see if most people do get price drops. your thread here got me curious.

I agree you should not 'expect' it but if 80% of the people that check get some price drops, it might be disappointing to not get one.

I book at a price I am happy with. If I get a price drop, great! If not, I am fine.

I agree! I always book when I am comfortable with the rate I have chosen. I am happy with that rate and I know it's good. I will occasionally look for price drops but I have never gotten one and I am fine with that. It doesn't matter to me if I get one or not!

I look at a Price Drop as a great bonus. But that is just what it is - a bonus. If I get one, that's awesome - saves me some money, and if I check and never find one - then I booked at a great rate. Either way, I know I will still have a great vacation.

I don't even understand how it works. We booked ES Balcony 8B, picked our room, for our October Glory cruise, final payment due July 21.

If the fare engine shows category 8B or higher for a lower price than the 769/pp paid do you just submit the form?

Does it work before and after final payment?

I doubt it will drop much if anything, the ship is selling well, not too many interior or suites left, and about 80 balcony rooms left.

TBH, we buy when we are comfortable paying what they are asking, so I don't really care about price drops unless it would be significant...always nice to have some free spending money.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I agree completely and I have no expectations. I have been lucky enough to have had two price drops on my upcoming Liberty cruise, so I am happy!! :)

I have gotten substantial price drops on every cruise I have taken in the past 3 years. It helps that I cruise in the off season.

Its not just with carnival, have also gotten drops with royal and Ncl.

With the addition of new ships and all the issues the industry is facing ,I expect price drops to be the new normal for my cruise experience. YMMV

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I don't even understand how it works. We booked ES Balcony 8B, picked our room, for our October Glory cruise, final payment due July 21.

If the fare engine shows category 8B or higher for a lower price than the 769/pp paid do you just submit the form?

Does it work before and after final payment?

I doubt it will drop much if anything, the ship is selling well, not too many interior or suites left, and about 80 balcony rooms left.

TBH, we buy when we are comfortable paying what they are asking, so I don't really care about price drops unless it would be significant...always nice to have some free spending money.

Thanks

I'm not sure of your exact sail date, but it looks as if the price has dropped. I would fill in and send the price drop form.

Nothing wrong with checking for the bonus of a price drop but there seems to be an "expectation" over the past few years from some cruisers:)

Probably if you book early saver especially, you are looking for a price drop since the most appealing feature of that pricing category is getting adjustments up to two days before sailing. I don't see the big deal. People post their thoughts about alot of things, and you can want a drop till your heart's content. Doesn't mean it will or should happen. Just like I don't understand why there are so many threads about people stressing because the Cheers limit is 15 drinks a day. Something I would never consider or worry about when buying cheers. ;) You have to admit, those drops are nice if you can get 'em.

I'm not sure of your exact sail date, but it looks as if the price has dropped. I would fill in and send the price drop form.

10/4. Hasn't dropped yet. I check every 3-4 days, or when Carnival sends out an email....reminds me to pop on and check it out. Thanks for the advice.

Well Said!;) This is EXACTLY my sentiment as well.

Same, here. Not expecting it, but I'm not gonna tell them to not worry about it if I am "eligible" for the OBC. As it stands, ours has INCREASED in price. Delighted they aren't asking me to credit their accounts! :D