The Very Beautiful Maasdam.....

sail7seas

He is currently the Captain - he joined the ship on March 28th. The M is currently in the Caribbean - will be back in FL on Tuesday the 22nd.

I agree - the Maasdam is beautiful and we had a great 14 day cruise.

Does anyone know for sure where Maasdam is now and who is currently Master?

I'm interested if Ane Smit is Captain?

Thanks if you know.

Sail, I know you have this photo, but thought other Maasdam fans would like to see it also.

maasdam.jpg

He is currently the Captain - he joined the ship on March 28th. The M is currently in the Caribbean - will be back in FL on Tuesday the 22nd.

concur with gigianne, I suspect you know the captain and the HM or HD

so you will have different treatment than the rest of us did.

I found the HD/HM totally cold and 'untouchable'

suite luncheon - not even a welcome or a toast to those there.

They just slipped out. Guess I was too used to the Prinsendam?

Overall, the Maasdam was in great shape and the service was very, very good,,

Edited by kazu

Thanks. Just what I wanted to know. :)

Thanks for the lovely photo, Ham Op, and your help Kazu.

I've been on the Prinsendam and loved her. But I've spent over 150 days on the Maasdam, and I've never been treated better on any ship of the line. She's neck and neck with the "elegant explorer" as far as I'm concerned. I'll be back on the Prinsendam in November, but back of the "Maasie" for 50 days in October 2015. (And I didn't know the officers!)

I've been on the Prinsendam and loved her. But I've spent over 150 days on the Maasdam, and I've never been treated better on any ship of the line. She's neck and neck with the "elegant explorer" as far as I'm concerned.

Been on both and agree 110% with this post.

I've been on the Prinsendam and loved her. But I've spent over 150 days on the Maasdam, and I've never been treated better on any ship of the line. She's neck and neck with the "elegant explorer" as far as I'm concerned.

Been on both and agree 110% with this post.

With only 108 days aboard the Beautiful and Elegant Maasdam, we heartily agree. She was our first HAL ship and our all time favorite. And yes, we do believe that we are treated best on this ship.

I've been on the Prinsendam and loved her. But I've spent over 150 days on the Maasdam, and I've never been treated better on any ship of the line. She's neck and neck with the "elegant explorer" as far as I'm concerned. I'll be back on the Prinsendam in November, but back of the "Maasie" for 50 days in October 2015. (And I didn't know the officers!)

My Lauderdale to Montreal on the Maasdam is a "try-out" before I book the Oct. 2015 Lauderdale to Lauderdale.

With only 108 days aboard the Beautiful and Elegant Maasdam, we heartily agree. She was our first HAL ship and our all time favorite. And yes, we do believe that we are treated best on this ship.

Bumper II, 108 days is a LOT of days. It's on the longer cruises (or on one ship a lot) I've often found that you really get a "feel" for the ship. You know very quickly if it is a "happy" ship. Yes, there really is such a thing as a "happy" ship...and an "unhappy" (or downright miserable ship, which I fortunately, have never met on HAL). "Unhappy," yes, but not on a long voyage, thank goodness.