Tea Time and Kids

cruise_gal21

Thanks for all the replies everyone! And the tip about the hot cocoa, she'll love that :) I'm definitely looking forward to taking her now that I know she won't be out of place.

She won't be out of place and it would be a fun thing for her to do with mom. I've got a DS but he was never interested in tea time until the last cruise when he was 17. He and his buddy and some of their new friends (boys and girls) went for tea time and they really enjoyed it. I personally, love the strawberries and cream! Yum!:D

Edited by mousey

Just curious--was this arranged for the adults in your group or were there a lot of children?

Open to everyone, only adults showed. We had 4 women and 5 guys all making tiaras and crowns. Saw only 2 young girls at tea that day, both dressed up with gloves and tiaras.

is tea time casual or do people dress up. I've been on two cruises and missed both. Hopefully next cruise I will get to try it. Anyone know where I can see pictures?

No swimwear. Shorts are allowed. Also my DH does not drink tea so he always brings his own drink with him. No problem.

We have been doing tea for 10years on Carnival.

Edited by deborahjo

It is on sea days only in the dinning room. I wanna say its at like 3 or 3:30. Not new just not advertised very much.

On the Fantasy it is held in the piano bar, which makes it more special. Sometimes music; sometimes (thankfully!) not. It's a lovely occasion. You don't need to break up your day by dressing up.

Michelle is right - it is not advertised much. You need to catch it in the daily paper. Sea days only.

Happy sails.

Kathy

On the Fantasy it is held in the piano bar, which makes it more special. Sometimes music; sometimes (thankfully!) not. It's a lovely occasion. You don't need to break up your day by dressing up.

Michelle is right - it is not advertised much. You need to catch it in the daily paper. Sea days only.

Happy sails.

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy. The Fantasy is the ship we're sailing on in a few weeks :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

It's for all ages. One sea day I took DD-6 and the next my husband took her. We didn't take DS-3 but maybe this fall when he is 4 he will be more interested and we can make it a family event.

Here is my DD enjoying her tea. We dressed casually (well as casual as DD gets in a nautical top and custom Carnival hair clip that I made.)

DSCN3506_zps6eca084e.jpg

It's for all ages. One sea day I took DD-6 and the next my husband took her. We didn't take DS-3 but maybe this fall when he is 4 he will be more interested and we can make it a family event.

Here is my DD enjoying her tea. We dressed casually (well as casual as DD gets in a nautical top and custom Carnival hair clip that I made.)

DSCN3506_zps6eca084e.jpg

She is adorable! Love the hairclip too. Looks like she enjoyed her tea too :)

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

DSCN3506_zps6eca084e.jpg

What a sweet picture!

On the Fantasy, we sat (again, in the Piano Bar) at tiny tables, so it was even more like a tea room.

Kathy

My daughter (now 10 years old) loves going to tea time too. Just her and I go and she loves trying different teas and cakes. Last time, she had a fantastic time talking with an older woman who had been on a million cruises and told my daughter all about her experiences. We go every time it's offered.