Celebrity good cruise line for children??

jtand2

Qsine? Really? I really expected that restaurant to be frowned upon in regards to taking kids! Was thinking about the lawn club grill one night? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh!! Well, the sailing is over Thanksgiving so hopefully there will more kids than usual. That's the only reason why I'm taking them on celebrity. That and the price was right !! We'll see!

stick to royal carib...lots to offer kids....and leave celeb for adults...there is very little for kids to do on it...fun factory or not...adults on celeb really want their space to stay just that...for adults only...not so on royal carib....

LOL really who cares what adults on X really wants ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Oh, but the kids have stick hands and running noses and have caused the fall of Celebrity. Please don't cruise on our line!:)

My 7 year old had a wonderful time on our recent Adriatic cruise. The Fun Factory staff is amazing and the kids will not be bored. They will want to spend as much time their as possible. Also, it is quite evident that staff loves interacting with the kids.

stick to royal carib...lots to offer kids....and leave celeb for adults...there is very little for kids to do on it...fun factory or not...adults on celeb really want their space to stay just that...for adults only...not so on royal carib....

Jeez, I hope you stay off of the Eclipse next October then!! I will have 3 of my 4 on board for the 21st of October. I would hate for them to come across such dislike to children!! It is such a shame. I have been on 2 Celebrity Cruises and the children on board were hardly visible, so I cannot understand this attitude! !.Saying that, I hope you get the peace and quiet you anticipate on your cruise. But maybe avoid the summer?

Qsine? Really? I really expected that restaurant to be frowned upon in regards to taking kids! Was thinking about the lawn club grill one night? Suggestions?

I think the whimsical theme of Qsine is something the kid's, preteens and young adults would enjoy. The food isn't pretentious just served in a fun way.

Jeez, I hope you stay off of the Eclipse next October then!! I will have 3 of my 4 on board for the 21st of October. I would hate for them to come across such dislike to children!! It is such a shame. I have been on 2 Celebrity Cruises and the children on board were hardly visible, so I cannot understand this attitude! !.Saying that, I hope you get the peace and quiet you anticipate on your cruise. But maybe avoid the summer?

You won't see any hate onboard and your kids will have a great time.

I hope that was said in jest. :confused:

We are in our 60s. Sail X. Love kids.

I hope that was said in jest. :confused:

We are in our 60s. Sail X. Love kids.

No, unfortunately it probably wasn't, usually when one of these threads comes up about kids on Celebrity there is someone who makes inane comments like you referred to. They usually have never taken a kid on a Celebrity cruise and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. At least times have changed enough that someone like this recognizes that kids can actually cruise, years ago you would not believe the comments, many of which stated that kids should be on a cruise ship period. .

What most of these people don't realize is that if Celebrity did not cater to children, they wouldn't have these beautiful ships with lots of places to visit. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for families, Celebrity itself would probably not exist. I would much rather be on a cruise with a bunch of kids than someone like that.

Edited by dkjretired

Awesome, thanks for the tips! We went on the Royal Princess and the ship was great, the kids club was adequate, my kids never complained about it. It was the fellow passengers that irked my wife and I. They're a pretentious bunch and I was trying to get a sense to see if that is what Celebrity is like.

I have sailed on Princess with my kid's when they were young and would say that from what I saw last year on Celebrity the kid's program is on par to Princess. As far as the passengers being pretentious, after reading some of the comments on this thread and from what I experienced I think Celebrity has a tendency of being just as pretentious if not more so.

Eleris did an excellent job of explaining Celebrity and kids. We started taking my now 28 year old son on cruises since he was 3 years old (although honestly I would have waited a few years, looking back). Celebrity will provide a wonderful family vacation if the expectation is set that it is not a floating Disney World. It has its own charms. Do not choose it if you are looking for a theme park atmosphere. Choose it for a great family oriented vacation. I would honestly say that while Celebrity does not 'cater' to kids per se as they do not have as many kid-oriented bells and whistles, they certainly treat children very, very well in all regards. My son is now close to being Elite+ and still loves to sail with us.

We were on the Silhouette with our 4 year old son 3 months ago, and we all had such a great time we will be back in November. The kids club wasn't crowded (we sailed between Spring Break and Easter) so he received lots of attention, and he attended every morning. They did great crafts/projects and we still have his necklace and paper lei hanging on door knobs. The Kid's Club also had afternoon and evening programs but we didn't participate in those. Instead we exlpored the ship, went to the pool, ate in the MDR every night, had treats in Cova Cafe, watched cartoons while we ate breakfast in bed, and did our own crafts. The in-cabin babysitting is safe, reliable, and friendly. The waiters (ours and others) fussed over him. There are a couple of tables in the MDR near the kitchen doors which are PERFECT for families with small kids - he spent every dinner with his eyes glued to the door watching the waiters and trays going in and out. The room stewards arranged his stuffed animals every night and made towel animals for him. A shopkeeper took a picture with him and paid him lots of attention. The entire staff really does take care of children.

Vacations are an investment and Celebrity with kids is a great choice.

We went on the Royal Princess and the ship was great, the kids club was adequate, my kids never complained about it. It was the fellow passengers that irked my wife and I. They're a pretentious bunch and I was trying to get a sense to see if that is what Celebrity is like.

On a holiday sailing there will more children than is typically on Celebrity, which is exactly why I will never sail on another one - did it once and not for me. :o I think you and your family will have a wonderful cruise, Celebrity is great. You should realize though that some Celebrity cruisers do enjoy the fact that there are typically fewer children onboard and sail Celebrity for that reason. If you find that pretentious then you may be "irked" again. I choose to ignore children onboard and it is easy to do if they are well behaved. :)

Wow. Lot of discussion on this topic. The bottom line is I don't care what senior citizens think. Most of what I've seen is bad manners and poor attitudes from the diamond plus or whatever level you're in!! Skip the Lopressor and get a drink! You're on a ship with 3000 others. You're not alone. I'm just trying to have a good time and make some memories with my family. Get over yourselves. Try a river cruise.

wow. Lot of discussion on this topic. The bottom line is i don't care what senior citizens think. Most of what i've seen is bad manners and poor attitudes from the diamond plus or whatever level you're in!! Skip the lopressor and get a drink! You're on a ship with 3000 others. You're not alone. I'm just trying to have a good time and make some memories with my family. Get over yourselves. Try a river cruise.

Sent from my iphone using forums

lol!

Joining in....not because I have any input (this will be my 1st Celebrity Summit cruise with kids...) but I have 2 daughters 4&6, and I'd like to hear input from others who have kids who have done the Fun Factory. We did NCL Breakaway earlier this year, and my girls enjoyed the kid's program. I hope they will enjoy the Fun Factory this time around.

Celebrity is great for kids! Our kids (9&11) prefer Celebrity kids club over others. They have great counselors that take the children all over the ship. Alternatively the children can choose to stay in the kids club and do more quiet activities or play with the Xbox etc.

The children enjoy the basketball court, the pool, live music in the lounges, ice cream and candy in the buffet basically all day, and the kids menu in the MDR.

More importantly, it's a more enjoyable, relaxing vacation for us adults compared to more "kid friendly" lines.

Enjoy your trip!

My kids (8 and 13) have been on 4 cruises with us - mostly HAL, and trying a Celebrity this winter. I have to say, that we enjoy taking our kids so much and they both love to cruise. One of the highlights is how the staff are so pleased to see and interact with the kids. They greet them by name and love to chat with them. On the other hand, I have often seen very rude behaviour by adult passengers with an unbelievable sense of entitlement and snobby attitude. I have seen them treat staff with such disrespect and lack of manners that I feel very sorry for them having to deal with these people every day. These are often the same adults who have no tolerance for children on board. They should really be the ones look to another cruise line that isn't family friendly.

And there speaks the eventual death of Celebrity ?