Silhouette "hump" cabin

PatC

I know I can find an answer here to my question. The spreadsheet for the cabins on the main boards does not list anywhere cabin 8257 on Silhouette with a review. Can anyone please let me know if the bed is near the door or the bathroom?:confused:

We are booked for October, 2015 and my husband uses a walker. The bed by the sliding door is so much more convenient and when we booked this cabin I completely forgot to ask if they could tell me the location of the bed. :rolleyes:

Help!

Thanks

PatC

Since the deck plans show this cabin WITHOUT a convertible sofa, the bed should be by the balcony. (When there's a convertible sofa, as in the cabin next door, the bed should be by the bath.)

Have a great trip!

(Edited to add: cabin 8257 is in fact listed on the "sticky" and says bed by balcony:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26605304&postcount=1053)

Edited by Turtles06

Since the deck plans show this cabin WITHOUT a convertible sofa, the bed should be by the balcony. (When there's a convertible sofa, as in the cabin next door, the bed should be by the bath.)

That's not necessarily the best way to tell, because a lot of cabins in a row don't have a convertible sofa bed. An example is the AQ cabins on Deck 11.

Stateroom 8257 has a huge balcony and has the bed by the balcony. The staterooms on either side have convertible sofa beds which indicated the bed is by the bath. From there, they alternate balcony/bath/balcony/bath, etc.

Each deck is a mirror image of each other. Since 8257 has the bed by the balcony, the corresponding stateroom up on Deck 11 (1605) will also have the bed by the balcony. From there, you just count every other one.

Thank you so much for your answers!

The bed by the balcony has become our favorite since the S class put them there. The room by the bathroom is so much better for dressing and getting around.:p

The spreadsheet shows Eclipse and Solstice and I assumed they would be the same on Silhouette. But, it's always good to ask here. We love Silhouette and look forward to sailing on her again.:D

Thanks Again!

Pat C

We just got off of the Silhouette and were in cabins 8273 and 8271. 8273 had the bed by the balcony so if you count every other 8257 would as well. I liked that much better!! My teenagers were in 8271 and didn't like the couch by the door mostly because that means that the table with mirror was as well and when my daughter was trying to get ready she couldn't open the balcony door because the wind would blow her hair around too much! ;)