Train to New Orleans before cruise? Hotel suggestions?

jdragr

I am thinking about booking a train trip via Amtrak for the day before our cruise. We will cruising in June on a Carnival from New Orleans. Can you give me a hotel suggestion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am taking the Amtrak to New Orleans also before my cruise in a couple of weeks. Just FYI, Amtrak offers a discount if you are sailing on Carnival. I don't know the exact discount code, You have to call customer service to book to get the rate. I believe that it is 30% off regular fares:)

I am taking the Amtrak to New Orleans also before my cruise in a couple of weeks. Just FYI, Amtrak offers a discount if you are sailing on Carnival. I don't know the exact discount code, You have to call customer service to book to get the rate. I believe that it is 30% off regular fares:)

Are you staying the night on the day you disembark or traveling back that day? Thanks for the tip about the discount. I knew I could get a AAA discount but didn't know about the other.

Are you staying the night on the day you disembark or traveling back that day? Thanks for the tip about the discount. I knew I could get a AAA discount but didn't know about the other.

No, I'm staying in NOLA 2 nights before the cruise & traveling back the same day we disembark. Due to the trains often running behind, I thought it best to arrive early.

MIL recently cruised out of New Orleans and half her roll call stayed at the Embassy Suites Convention Center. It's something like three blocks from the cruise terminal. Too far to walk with luggage but close enough to not stress out over a cab making it.

A few years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Villa Convento

616 Ursuline Avenue New Orleans, Louisiana 70116

T: (504)522-1793 It is in the French Quarter and within walking distance to everything. It had a French bakery right across the street where we ate breakfast every day. It is only about 3 blocks from the River line street cars and we walked down Ursaline Street to the station with our bags, got on and it dropped us right at the terminal. I think the fare was $1.50. We would definitely stay there again! Check out their website-not a Hilton or Embassy Suites but clean and comfortable and convenient to everything.

E: info@villaconvento.com

Booked today. We are staying at the Hilton Riverside on the night before and the Hampton Inn convention center the night after. Couldn't afford the riverside on the night after because it is July 4th weekend. Thanks for all the great advice!