10:45 departure to early?

CruiseNwill

We are on the getaway in August and I can either depart FLL at 10:45 or 6pm. I want to know people opinion as I don't want to sit around all day but it don't want to miss my flight....

Some say they are at the airport by 9 am...

Let me know.

You would probably be doing good if you got of by 8:00, assuming no port delays. Then there is the customs issue. Not so much them but potential lines. Will there be a cab or shuttle sitting there just for you? Best bet would be cab since shuttles tend to stop at other ships for pick ups. I think you will spend about 40 minutes in transit. FLL can be a bear on cruise days as far as getting through security. Then hope they don't give your seat away for being late to gate.

I'm guessing there's no way you'd stay in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami for an extended vaca. and I understand that. Our flight after our Pearl cruise in December was around 5:45PM and if we'd had to just sit and wait I know it would have been too long so we opted to do an excursion, I know, expensive if you have kids but worked out well for us since we were at the airport around 2 hrs. prior to our flight and had time for dinner, perfect.

In my opinion you'd really be stressing yourselves out with the early flight. You could very well make it but to do that to yourselves after enjoying a wonderful cruise? :eek: Much rather take a later flight or enjoy another day on the beach... JMHO ;)

Edited by B6ConMe

2 question 11:30 is the best bet?

And who did you book an excursion with?

The excursion only works if your flight is leaving after 1pm (it was with NCL) but if you want to leave right after the cruise then yes, I would say 11:30 or later, is best.

We haven't cruised a lot but we have travelled a lot and while you may get to the airport in time for your flight, you can't be sure you'll make your flight.

Good Luck, whatever you choose,

Connie

Did you look at 2 one way options.

It's weird but sometime's I have found completive pricing doing 2 one way flights.

fly into FLL and flying out of Mia. Just food for thought.

The savings in cost from transportation to FLL might compensate the extra fare from MIA.

We are on the getaway in August and I can either depart FLL at 10:45 or 6pm. I want to know people opinion as I don't want to sit around all day but it don't want to miss my flight....

Some say they are at the airport by 9 am...

Let me know.

We made a 9:45 flight out of fll with no problems. We did self debark as soon as they said we could and were at Fll and through security by 8:30. And that was the weekend before Christmas (peak travel time). Our flight change fee was only $75 so we took a chance, but it IS possible to make it with time to spare.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would not want to chance it. Too many variables!

I found you a fun tour that ends at the FLL airport!

Keep the fun coming! Bon Voyage!

That leaves FFL and drops them off at MIA if I'm reading it right. They want to pick up at port and drop off at FFL

That leaves FFL and drops them off at MIA if I'm reading it right. They want to pick up at port and drop off at FFL

I was confused at first, but I think it starts in Miami cruise port, ends at MIA but with an optional shuttle to FLL at the end.

There definitely are options, but, I think, and I could be wrong, believe it or not, I have been wrong before, but I think, the OP wants to be sure they make their flight and still get home the same day they leave the cruise. If so, I'd err on the side of caution, take a later flight and be sure to get home with no additional costs. In which case, booking a flight after 11:30, they have a much, much better chance of doing that than booking a flight at 10:45.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, however, been there, done that doesn't even begin to describe it, LOL.

Good Luck, :D

We always use noon as our guideline. We have booked our return flight a little earlier, but I am never relaxed when we do that. In fact our return flight out of Boston I think is about 11:30. Usually we are at the airport way before flight time, but there is always that one time.

OP, we are doing what you are thinking of doing a week from Saturday debarking from our MSC cruise at POM. Flight leaves at 10:35am from FLL. I have booked a private car service to take us and we are doing self-debark. Expensive, but better than getting home close to midnight, which was our next flight option. I will be happy to report back how it went for us.

OP, we are doing what you are thinking of doing a week from Saturday debarking from our MSC cruise at POM. Flight leaves at 10:35am from FLL. I have booked a private car service to take us and we are doing self-debark. Expensive, but better than getting home close to midnight, which was our next flight option. I will be happy to report back how it went for us.

Great let me know how it goes.... I am using ride sas and hear they are fast to pick up at doc... How much is the car service?

Book the later flight' date=' but show up at the airport ASAP, get on standby and hopefully get on the 10:45 flight.[/quote']

I do this a lot on business trips. I book a flight I'm sure I can make, but still hustle in case I can get standby on an earlier one. The only issue anymore is that airlines are charging change fees for this in a lot of cases (unless you have status)

Edited by sdmike

I do this a lot on business trips. I book a flight I'm sure I can make, but still hustle in case I can get standby on an earlier one. The only issue anymore is that airlines are charging change fees for this in a lot of cases (unless you have status)

Yea another problem with this is that most airlines are 100% booked and I would need 5 seats

Great let me know how it goes.... I am using ride sas and hear they are fast to pick up at doc... How much is the car service?

$120 grats included. We have used this company before and have been very pleased. http://www.alllimoinc.com/ Have also used SAS about six times with success, but didn't want a shared shuttle service with such a short time frame to get to the airport.