Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

Someone sent me here for my parking question. We are looking for long term parking in Ft. Lauderdale. We have b2b2b coming up in mid March.. 40 total nights.

If anyone has ideas please let us know.

Thanks for your help.

Sharon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

It will cost $320 with Park N Go if you prereserve. Homewood Suites and Fairfield Inn offer free long term parking with a stay.

Does anyone have any preference based on personal experience. We are coming in the day before our cruise and are looking to stay on property for most of the day an just relax.

I haven't stayed in either hotel but have been on both properties a bunch of times. I would prefer Hyatt Pier 66 if you are just going to hang out and relax. The tropical pool area is really pretty, and you can take a nice walk around for a half hour without leaving the property; yup, it's that big. The Sheraton is no longer the Sheraton. B Ocean is taking over. A year from now it might be really nice after some renovations.

This is my SP and my 20th wedding anniversary, and we're doing it up!! We're driving (yes, I said HE'S DRIVING) to Ft Lauderdale, we'll spend a night in MS, Tallahassee, and then we're going to get to Ft. Lauderdale. :p He says that this is only part of our adventure, and getting there will be fun as well as the cruise. This is our first trip on Celebrity; hopefully not the last. We've gotten our excursions, and I've got a couple of spa days that I'm looking forward to enjoying. :D We'll celebrate our 20th in St. Maarten. Our first cruise was our 10th, and we've been enjoying them every since.!!

This is my SP and my 20th wedding anniversary, and we're doing it up!! We're driving (yes, I said HE'S DRIVING) to Ft Lauderdale, we'll spend a night in MS, Tallahassee, and then we're going to get to Ft. Lauderdale. :p He says that this is only part of our adventure, and getting there will be fun as well as the cruise. This is our first trip on Celebrity; hopefully not the last. We've gotten our excursions, and I've got a couple of spa days that I'm looking forward to enjoying. :D We'll celebrate our 20th in St. Maarten. Our first cruise was our 10th, and we've been enjoying them every since.!!

Congratulations on nurturing your relationship for 20 yrs! Have a great trip!:)

Looking at the hampton inn/cypress creek.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Stayed there for a night in September when we returned to Fort Lauderdale but our condo renovation wasn't done. Typical Hampton Inn with a very pleasant staff but not at all close to the port and not exactly convenient to 'downtown' Fort Lauderdale. If you have a car (and I can't imagine staying there without one), it is about 10 miles to Port Everglades.

First, I want to apologize for asking a question that has probably been answered numerous times here. However, I couldn't find the answers (too many pages to search through).

How much is cab fare from FLL airport to the cruise port? How much does Carnival charge for taking their shuttle to the cruise port?

I want to save whatever I can so that I can spend it on the cruise.

Thanks!

:cool:Bill

Someone sent me here for my parking question. We are looking for long term parking in Ft. Lauderdale. We have b2b2b coming up in mid March.. 40 total nights.

If anyone has ideas please let us know.

Thanks for your help.

Sharon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I suggest that you also check out one way car rentals. Shop it around and you can find some incredible deals. Last July our friends found a full size from Port Canaveral to Canton, OH for less than $15 a day, including miles.

First, I want to apologize for asking a question that has probably been answered numerous times here. However, I couldn't find the answers (too many pages to search through).

How much is cab fare from FLL airport to the cruise port? How much does Carnival charge for taking their shuttle to the cruise port?

I want to save whatever I can so that I can spend it on the cruise.

Thanks!

If you mean Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale....

Taxi is about $15 for the whole carload. Carnival charges $15 each way pp.

Edited by royalcruz

If you mean Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale....

Taxi is about $15 for the whole carload. Carnival charges $15 each way pp.

Thanks for your reply! We ARE flying into FLL the day before our cruise (1/17) and staying at the Doubletree Sawgrass Mills hotel (got a good price on H-t---e). We are picking up a rental car after arriving at airport, then turning it back in the morning of the cruise. Was just wondering if a cab to the port would be cheaper than the Carnival shuttle. You answered my question.

Thanks for your reply! We ARE flying into FLL the day before our cruise (1/17) and staying at the Doubletree Sawgrass Mills hotel (got a good price on H-t---e). We are picking up a rental car after arriving at airport, then turning it back in the morning of the cruise. Was just wondering if a cab to the port would be cheaper than the Carnival shuttle. You answered my question.

I believe Alamo and National car rental agencies may still provide free shuttle to Port Everglades from the FLL location.

Which hotel would you choose??

Embassy Suites

or

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

They are both nice. Embassy is closer to stores and restaurants and includes breakfast and happy hour drinks/snacks. All the rooms are mini-suites, and there is a very large atrium lobby. Hilton Marina has a larger more resort-like property, overlooks the port from south facing upper tower rooms, and is next to a Water Taxi stop. There is a nice tiki bar next to the pool, which also serves food. So it depends on what you are looking for. If the price was the same...If I got in early and wanted a relaxing resort day at the pool. I'd go for the Hilton. Otherwise I'd go with the Embassy; they have a pool too and it's more convenient, but it's harder to find deals there.

Edited by royalcruz

We just added a cruise to make a b2b in Jan 2015 and now find our go to hotels are booked (Hilton Marina, Embassy Suites and Doubletree at Subset). We are looking for suggestions of comparable hotels close to the water taxi and restaurants. Thank you for suggestions.

We just added a cruise to make a b2b in Jan 2015 and now find our go to hotels are booked (Hilton Marina, Embassy Suites and Doubletree at Subset). We are looking for suggestions of comparable hotels close to the water taxi and restaurants. Thank you for suggestions.

Try Renaissance on SE 17th St. It's between Hilton Marina and Embassy Suites, and it's very nice.

I will check it out. Thank you for replying. You provide an invaluable service.:)

Thank you. Also Marriott Residence Inn is taking over the Il Lugano. It's about 7 miles north of the port (so more taxi fare) but it's very nice, close to water taxi and a bunch of restaurants and 2 blocks from beach (Fort Lauderdale). It's great for between cruises because there are washers and dryers in the units.

My husband and I are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale in January, we are wondering where is a decent and reasonably priced place to stay? We will be flying in a couple of days early, and would like to spend a little time on the beach. Does it pay to get a place on the beach or get a place farther away and rent a car. I am also thinking that taxi's might be cheaper than a car rental or shuttle?