Skier52?? Cabin Questions?

emarismom

Read lots of your posts, great info. Can I ask if you have dimensions or any other info for cabin 15026 and 15022. Relatively new to cruising and in particular MSC. Just joined CC and the information on here is fabulous. Thanks.

Should have said this was on the Divina. As I said new to CC.

Not Skier, but we have stayed in 15016 and it is about the same size as a regular non YC cabin. It was fine for the two of us. The space between the end of the bed and mirrored wall is tight. It is offset by everything that's included when staying in the YC.

The new cabins are 10027 and 10031. Can you tell me about them???

Thank you for your help!!

Both are the same size:

Cabin 10027 & 10031 - Cabin = 169.1 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 144.9 sq ft living space).

Can I ask if you have dimensions or any other info for cabin 15026 and 15022. Thanks.

Both of these are the same in square footage:

Cabin 15022 & 15026 - Cabin Interior 233.9 sq ft (32.8 sq ft bathroom + 201.1 sq ft living space). Balcony is 61.4 sq ft. This cabin has a bathtub/shower combo.

Sorry, Skier52 for jumping in since they asked you. You will have to let them know if dimensions are different between the cabins because I only have the square footage.

Bret

Both are the same size:

Cabin 10027 & 10031 - Cabin = 169.1 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 144.9 sq ft living space).

Cabin 15022 & 15026 - Cabin Interior 233.9 sq ft (32.8 sq ft bathroom + 201.1 sq ft living space). Balcony is 61.4 sq ft. This cabin has a bathtub/shower combo.

Sorry, Skier52 for jumping in since they asked you. You will have to let them know if dimensions are different between the cabins because I only have the square footage.

Bret

Thanks for the information. I asked skier52, as it seemed that they had a lot of info on cabin dimensions, but I'm happy to get this information from anyone who has it. As I said new to MSC and CC, loving all the information you get on here.

Hi Pete,

I wonder if you could help me re cabin 13139 on Preziosa. I see from the deck plans that it's shorter than other balcony cabins due to the inclusion of interior cabins opposite. I also see that the area directly opposite this particular cabin is blank. Would you know if this is a service area?

13139 is the old grade 6 cabin and is the same internal size as the old grade 5 ocean view cabins (185 sq. ft.). The other balcony cabins are the old grade 7/8/9/10/11 and are 195 sq ft + 42 sq ft balcony.

I think, but don't quote me, that your balcony is ~ 25 sq ft , which is a bit larger than the "balcony cabins" on the stern on deck 13.

So your balcony wil be in between the two images below

Standard 42 sq.ft.

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

STERN deck 13 "balcony

P1020631.jpg

tHe"white" area opposite could be anything from a store cupboard to a crew staircase or a maintainance access

Hope this helps

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Skier52,

Last night I was able to change my reservation from the quad balcony to two interiors. The new cabins are 10027 and 10031. Can you tell me about them???

Thank you for your help!!

Both are the same size:

Bret

The cabins will be 9.5 - 10 ft wide and 17 - 18 ft long.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Read lots of your posts, great info. Can I ask if you have dimensions or any other info for cabin 15026 and 15022. Relatively new to cruising and in particular MSC. Just joined CC and the information on here is fabulous. Thanks.

Bret

I'm not sure that a YC1 cabin on the side of the ship has a balcony that big, I think they are more like 45 sq.ft. The exception being the "square cabins"

61sq.ft balconies are on the old YC2 (the corner ones ) on decks 9/10/11 ; now called S3 cabins.

Edited by Skier52

Hee's an image of the inside of a standard YC1

P1020616-2.jpg

And the bathroom

P1020619.jpg

And the bath/shower

P1020620.jpg

This is actually cabin 15013

Pete

Hee's an image of the inside of a standard YC1

P1020616-2.jpg

And the bathroom

P1020619.jpg

And the bath/shower

P1020620.jpg

This is actually cabin 15013

Pete

Thanks, this looks lovely, can't wait.

13139 is the old grade 6 cabin and is the same internal size as the old grade 5 ocean view cabins (185 sq. ft.). The other balcony cabins are the old grade 7/8/9/10/11 and are 195 sq ft + 42 sq ft balcony.

I think, but don't quote me, that your balcony is ~ 25 sq ft , which is a bit larger than the "balcony cabins" on the stern on deck 13.

So your balcony wil be in between the two images below

tHe"white" area opposite could be anything from a store cupboard to a crew staircase or a maintainance access

Hope this helps

Pete

Pete, again, thanks so much.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just wondering if you would mind chipping in about our cabins. We are due to sail on the preziosa in July 2015 and have booked cabins 10157 and 10159 on the recommendation of the MSC call centre. Do you have any info about these two cabins? Thank you in advance for your help.

I was just wondering if you would mind chipping in about our cabins. We are due to sail on the preziosa in July 2015 and have booked cabins 10157 and 10159 on the recommendation of the MSC call centre. Do you have any info about these two cabins? Thank you in advance for your help.

They are standard balcony cabins (I assume the size is 192 sq ft with 42 q ft balcony [same as Divina]) in a great location,the forward most two cabins on the central hump on the port side.

You'll have full 180 degree views forward and aft. Bieing midships and not too high there should be the least amount of movement you could get.

They are also close the the central bank of lifts so very convenient for getting around the ship. there may be a moderate amount of noise from inconsiderate passengers using the lifts, but overall it's a fab location.

Pete

Enjoy your cruise

They are standard balcony cabins (I assume the size is 192 sq ft with 42 q ft balcony [same as Divina]) in a great location,the forward most two cabins on the central hump on the port side.

You'll have full 180 degree views forward and aft. Bieing midships and not too high there should be the least amount of movement you could get.

They are also close the the central bank of lifts so very convenient for getting around the ship. there may be a moderate amount of noise from inconsiderate passengers using the lifts, but overall it's a fab location.

Pete

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you for that. Seems like the call centre recommended well. Good news about being in an area of low movement as it is the first time on a cruise for me and my sister (my parents have been on some before) so unsure as to how we will cope with seasickness. My dad has mobility issues so for him it is good being close to the lifts even if there is some noise.

• 1 year later...