WOW!!!! That was fast!!!! Requested the Shareholder Benefit from rccl.com last night

A Sixth?

at about 7:30 pm and got the reply this morning!!!

Dear _______,

Thank you for your email.

The requested shareholders onboard credit has been applied and is confirmed to reservation 9000xxx in the amount of $250.

Kind Regards,

Coupon Redemption Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

I am very impressed!

Thanks Celebrity!!!!

Greetings

That's great. Haven't heard of many guests getting the shareholder benefit as of late. I haven't been able to use it for my last 3 cruises since it seems it is non-combinable with almost every fare Celebrity offers these days.

Good Sailing

Tom

I applied 2 days ago - got the email that they handle in order of receipt but we've still not heard back. Didn't think DH was pushing but looks like he was and has been put to the back of the line :D

Greetings

That's great. Haven't heard of many guests getting the shareholder benefit as of late. I haven't been able to use it for my last 3 cruises since it seems it is non-combinable with almost every fare Celebrity offers these days.

Good Sailing

Tom

Can you elaborate on that? I take it from your response that X only applies the credit on some cruises? We cruise HAL a lot and they apply it regardless but I see more X cruises in our future so was wondering if I am reading your response right.

We booked a Tuesday special so didn't get the 123 promo or any goodies booking (other than the fact that our A1 cabin was thousands of dollars cheaper) so we qualified for the share holders benefit. Receiving even one booking perk means you won't get the shareholders goodie.

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

I almost always get it (got denied once). Got it on our last RCCL cruise and our last Celebrity cruise.

But I thought it wasn't combinable with the Tuesday Exciting Deal offers. Goes to show what you read on Cruise Critic isn't always correct.

Edited by CruisingChick

Can you elaborate on that? I take it from your response that X only applies the credit on some cruises? We cruise HAL a lot and they apply it regardless but I see more X cruises in our future so was wondering if I am reading your response right.

Greetings

The benefit isn't combinable with Go 1-2-3 or Pick-a-Perk or almost any other special pricing where Celebrity is giving you something extra. I don't even think it is available when you get the credit for booking on-board. Basically if you get any perk from Celebrity (drink package, obc, tips) they won't allow the shareholder benefit.

Good Sailing

Tom

Could someone please explain what the share holder benefit is? I have cruised a few times with Princess and Celebrity, and I feel like I am missing something by not knowing about the benefit. Thanks.

If you own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock you may qualify for a cabin credit.

I just emailed proof of owning the shares and my cruise details to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

Edited by A Sixth?

Certainly there is confusion between the on-board offer, combinable with one other offer.....and the shareholder credit which isn't combinable. How can a company have both policies?

Hey...that's another question that "celebrity cruises" could answer right here.

A Sixth?, thanks for responding. The share benefit makes sense now.

We also have the same benefit from Princess because we own 100 shares of CCL. With them, they always give shareholders the credit, whether they have tossed a few goodies your way already or not. Wish RCL was as generous....

I also thought it wasn't combinable with Tuesday specials. Thank you for clarifying.

It was for us, at least three times now, back in 2009, last spring and now for a June sailing all booked on the Tuesday deal we got only one goodie from Celebrity, and that was the Shareholders credit.

I thought I'd read threads here from others who were denied... but maybe they'd actually received something and had forgotten it because it was so minor :confused:

Edited by A Sixth?