E cigs

parisbully

Sorry I started this. I merely asked a very simple question. I do not smoke ANYTHING. Just curious. Don't care if people smoke or not. So please don't include me aka OP, in your discussion.

Well at least you got your question answered, yes e cigs come under the same rules as cigarettes and e cig users take no notice what so ever of the rules except "Out to sea":D:D:D

I think I remember you saying you were getting Zero nicotine, if so you would be far better switching to 6mg nicotine and smoking Zero cigarettes;)

No, I am using 12 mg e-cigs which are about the equivalent of Light cigs which is what I normally smoke.

When will people learn that there is no Fine? it is a hotel cleaning charge. Nothing to clean nothing to charge.

You cannot enforce an unenforceable policy! a steward will only act if there is presence of smoke or smoking in the cabin and cannot act on the "Possibility" of an ecig being used!

If you answered the cabin door to a steward the vapour would have already dissipated with no odour left.

I have vaped in cabin on 2 cruises and most cabin stewards would not even know what an e cig was let alone report you for its use but they all know the smell of tobacco smoke because not reporting that can lead to complaints from other cruisers and the cruisers who use the cabin next!

Most people who comment on e cigs and cruising have never seen one either, many others who have seen them or searched them have never been in close quarters to there use and are speculating on there use and effect in the presents of others because they only have experience with burning tobacco products to compare them to!

Whether it is detectable or not is immaterial. You are still knowingly violating Carnival policy.

Edited by Out to sea!

The cops can give you a ticket for doing 56 in a 55 too, but it's not likely. A room steward is not likely to almost surely lose a weeks worth of gratuities over something that just vanished into thin air and can't be seen, smelled or proven.

Just another reason to make the tips mandatory and paid prior to the cruise. To take a person's livelihood away because they are enforcing the rules of their employer is just shameful! :mad:

Let's use some common sense here. It's flavor particles (the same kind of stuff in food), plus water vapor (not much different than what's in the air), plus possibility nicotine (which probably isn't great for you.)

It doesn't have any of the tar, charred residue or foul chemicals (other than possibly nicotine) that cigarettes have, so the claim that it's as harmful as cigarettes is simply too ludicrous to even entertain.

You can't really smell or detect it, and the amount of nicotine that gets expelled into the air is negligible. Probably less "harmful" chemicals to "second hand" users than any kind of machinery. The idea that this would be treated the same is cigarettes (I'm not a smoker or vaper) seems to be coming from a very intolerant sort of state of mind. Rationally, it wouldn't seem to do any harm to third parties, so why the fuss?

The fuss is quit simple in that a company that people have decided to use does not allow the use of e-cigs in certain areas. The people using e-cigs know the rules in advance and decide to defy the rules based on what they want to do. That's is what the fuss is about. If one does not like the rules of a certain company, they should not voluntarily use said company. To take the law (as such) into your own hands is not a viable option.

Well at least you got your question answered, yes e cigs come under the same rules as cigarettes and e cig users take no notice what so ever of the rules except "Out to sea":D:D:D

I have no control over anyone (other than myself and my family) to have the integrity to follow the rules as written. If a business has rules that I do not think are right and I do not wish to follow, I simply find a business whose rules I will follow and give them my hard earned dollars. I think it's rather stupid of people to give money to a business that they do not agree with. It would be about as silly as going to a restaurant that you know ahead of time that you don't like.

Edited by Out to sea!

and that's because Out To Sea has class and integrity

The fuss is quit simple in that a company that people have decided to use does not allow the use of e-cigs in certain areas. The people using e-cigs know the rules in advance and decide to defy the rules based on what they want to do. That's is what the fuss is about. If one does not like the rules of a certain company, they should not voluntarily use said company. To take the law (as such) into your own hands is not a viable option.

Just curious but do you feel the same way about the Dress Code and those people who intentionally break those rules or does it just apply to smoking?

It is not just Carnival that is treating e-cigs like cigarettes.

You cannot use them on planes or in airports either or in any other place where you cannot smoke normal cigarettes. IF no one stops you well then OK but for now most places are treating vaping the same as smoking since no one can really tell what is in the e-cig.

I am all for allowing folks to do as they please except for putting things into the air that I am breathing.

It is hard to believe that none of the nicotine comes out into the air. :confused:

I am all for allowing folks to do as they please except for putting things into the air that I am breathing.

This is what you should be concerned about. E-cigs are the least of your clean air worries.

In the 30s and 40s doctors swore that cigarettes were safe. I guess we will just have to wait 10 or 20 years to actually find out about ecigs.

no one knows right now and they wont until people get sick or they dont in the future

That is exactly what my son said. He is in medical field.

12-15 cigs. So consumption of cigs has dropped about 70%.

Congrats!!! I quit 26 days ago after smoking a pack a day. Can't believe I finally did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious but do you feel the same way about the Dress Code and those people who intentionally break those rules or does it just apply to smoking?

All rules for all things. Whether it has to do with cruising or not.

If someone cannot dress within the guidelines, there are plenty of other places to eat on ship that have more lax guidelines. Of course, one could always order room service and eat with no clothes on at all if they choose.

It is not just Carnival that is treating e-cigs like cigarettes.

You cannot use them on planes or in airports either or in any other place where you cannot smoke normal cigarettes. IF no one stops you well then OK but for now most places are treating vaping the same as smoking since no one can really tell what is in the e-cig.

It is hard to believe that none of the nicotine comes out into the air. :confused:

So farting near you is out of the question then?? :p

and that's because Out To Sea has class and integrity

My wife is still on the fence about the class part of this (;)), but yes, I have integrity and follow all known rules (unless the safety of someone is involved......same thing that was taught growing up and what the military teaches).

And BTW, thank you. :)

Edited by Out to sea!

So farting near you is out of the question then?? :p

Personally, I'd prefer to sit near a vaper than near a farter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats!!! I quit 26 days ago after smoking a pack a day. Can't believe I finally quit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, congratulations. I smoked a pack a day too and quit in January. I only take a few puffs from my e cig maybe 2 or 3 times a day. I really enjoyed smoking but didn't like the way they kept raising the taxes on them every time they needed more money. Next, they will be after the e cigs.:eek:

No, I am using 12 mg e-cigs which are about the equivalent of Light cigs which is what I normally smoke.

Up that level to 16 or 18mg for the first week which should take away both thoughts and need to have a real cig and then you can start back on the 12mg before dropping to 6mg then Zero then you can choose to stop.

Its sort of similar to the patches, if you smoke lights you still need to start on the 24 mg or highest patch. I cant say this is true for sure but it is how I stopped cigarettes totally and have read the same for many others.

I smoked ultra lights but still needed 18mg to start with or i still fancied a smoke at times.

Mind you I was on over 2 packs a day before I stopped and swapped:eek:

There is no "law", and the companies are doing so out of ignorance. I've outlined why the rules are irrelevant. If you choose to adhere to them, that's you business.

There is no "law", and the companies are doing so out of ignorance. I've outlined why the rules are irrelevant. If you choose to adhere to them, that's you business.

It's a waste of time to fight and argue talking points. Just tell people what they want to hear and then do your own thing. :)

show me the documented proof of how they determined the rules about ecigs and I will agree with you.

if you dont have the proof that they determined them out of ignorance then all you have is an opinion and you are choosing to break their rules with absolutely no evidence of your reason.

if everyone did what you did and decided on their own if a rule was created out of ignorance or not, people would be breaking rules that you might feel is something important. If you dont like the rule, do something about it. write to Carnival, write to John Heald, start a protest and picket in front of the docks, get a petition. you have mechanisms to try to change things you feel is wrong. Just breaking them because you feel that the rule is wrong (especially without any evidence that you opinion is valid) is not the way people in a civil society should be. (just my opinion)

show me the documented proof of how they determined the rules about ecigs and I will agree with you.

There are no current laws that I know of which outlaws the use of "vapor" delivery devices in areas that also outlaws cigarettes. While I can't be 100% sure that's the case in each and every locale in the United States, I know that's the situation in the state I live in and they typically follow the norm. They allow each and every business to decide for themselves what policy they want for this sort of thing, the same as any other form of intake (food, beverage, inhalation).

if you dont have the proof that they determined them out of ignorance then all you have is an opinion and you are choosing to break their rules with absolutely no evidence of your reason.

You're free to explain how what I've shown above defies logic, or goes against any reasonable scientific explanation. Otherwise, it would seem to be a stand made out of a lack of information, rather than a reasoned policy decided upon based on proven facts.

if everyone did what you did and decided on their own if a rule was created out of ignorance or not, people would be breaking rules that you might feel is something important.

VERY unlikely. I have no problem with people breaking arbitrary rules. That's what eventually leads to the undoing of reactionary rules which are created due to fear. When you have a rule that if broken, absolutely no one notices and no one is caught, it isn't likely a rule that will every last beyond the initial "honeymoon" phase of it's induction.

Edited by stupendousman8