Which beach is best on Labadee for swimming

msgiggles76

My family and I are making out second trip to Labadee in July. Which beach is best for swimming, as my 10yr old niece was not a fan of the one we visited last time on their private island?!? Too much sea grass for her taste. Which beach do you all like? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

I absolutely love Nellie's Beach! We were just there in March and spent the day between swimming and relaxing in our cabana. Children seemed to enjoy playing on the sandy beach and in the water. There was no seaweed the day we were there. Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise. :)

Dolfans from Miami

Nellies Beach in my opinion. Very busy, but has a nice sandy bottom. The other one on the other side (forget the name, sorry) is horrible, with nothing but a rocky/weedy bottom. That was the first one I went into, and couldn't help but wonder why Royal Caribbean would subject our feet to such a horrible beach! Thankfully the others are nicer. Now if only they'd replace all the broken lounge chairs, increase the number of lounge chairs, and add a few more opportunities for people to find chairs under some shade. But I digress... I enjoy Labadee :)

We really like Columbus Cove. It's the farthest beach so it doesn't seem to get as crowded as the others. We usually spend the whole day there and have never had any complaints.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Columbus Cove is still the furthest beach. I've just started looking again since I'll be back to Labadee next year. Maps I've seen recently look like they have built a breakwater under the zip lines and I think its called Adrenaline beach. (It was not there back in 2008 when I was last there.) That one looks like a long walk. Back in 2008 I thought this side was too choppy for swimming, but I'm guessing that is why this break wall was added Comments? Is that beach ok, long walk to lunch?

Really enjoyed Barefoot Beach last month...nice setup..the cabanas and the water temp was perfect. The private lunch was super as well.

Just a note for those who are unfamiliar with Labadee: Barefoot Beach is for suite guests only.

Agree with above comments...we were just there last week...Barefoot Beach is for suite guests only...and though beautiful DO bring water shoes as the beach and out into the water is very uncomfortable for walking with both rocks and coral. I wish I had brought mine OR picked up on the hint when they were on special in the Promenade the day before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by SuzD123

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Columbus Cove is still the furthest beach. I've just started looking again since I'll be back to Labadee next year. Maps I've seen recently look like they have built a breakwater under the zip lines and I think its called Adrenaline beach. (It was not there back in 2008 when I was last there.) That one looks like a long walk. Back in 2008 I thought this side was too choppy for swimming, but I'm guessing that is why this break wall was added Comments? Is that beach ok, long walk to lunch?

We actually were traveling with some friends who got a cabana at this beach. It was right next to where you get on the roller coaster and the zip line goes across it above the beach. The lunch is really close by and the water was not rough but was a little rocky they said. I think this is now the furthest beach from the entrance of Labadee like you said.

Dolfans from Miami

Columbus Cove is our favourite, it is the last beach on the right hand side and the water is calm and the barbaque is right there,

also the little tram will take you there No charge for the tram, it is pulled by a tractor.

lots of chairs

Enjoy the day we only book our Caribbean cruises that go to this beautiful beach, we were there 3 times this past winter.

Stay away if you want to go in the water.

Very rocky bottom, definitely need water shoes.

There is lunch right near Adrenaline.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app