can you order a double scotch with $55 drink package?

Can you order double scotch or cognac withh 55 a day drink package, want to be able to save myself and bartender some time

Absolutely. However it may or may not be included in your drink package so you may have to pay for it or the difference in the cost of the drinks included in your package. :p

Sorry...you just lobbed up a soft one. :D

Isn't that the whole idea of having a drink package - not having to pay for drinks - other than the $55 a day? I understand that some specialty cocktails, brands etc. are not part of the package but house brand scotch should be included. Could you just order two single scotch's and pour them into one glass? Seems silly to focus on symantics - whether it's drank in one glass or two, and you order them together or within 20 minutes of each other - really does it make that much difference?

Isn't that the whole idea of having a drink package - not having to pay for drinks - other than the $55 a day? I understand that some specialty cocktails, brands etc. are not part of the package but house brand scotch should be included. Could you just order two single scotch's and pour them into one glass? Seems silly to focus on symantics - whether it's drank in one glass or two, and you order them together or within 20 minutes of each other - really does it make that much difference?

Agree with your point, but it's probably not up to the bartender. They're stuck with however it's set up in the computer.

OKay along that vein, how close together can you order drinks if you wanted a double scotch. If you wanted to avoid the fee for the upgrade, is there a time limit in the computer or do you just go to another bartender?

Ok not asking for drink sharing as my other half doesn't drink but this made me curious how they prevent it.

OKay along that vein, how close together can you order drinks if you wanted a double scotch. If you wanted to avoid the fee for the upgrade, is there a time limit in the computer or do you just go to another bartender?

Ok not asking for drink sharing as my other half doesn't drink but this made me curious how they prevent it.

Also- how does that work when one person in the cabin drinks and one doesn't? We have friends where the husband can't drink due to medication he's on - it would kill him - but she enjoys a glass of wine. So would they still need to purchase the drink package for both of them?

Also- how does that work when one person in the cabin drinks and one doesn't? We have friends where the husband can't drink due to medication he's on - it would kill him - but she enjoys a glass of wine. So would they still need to purchase the drink package for both of them?

No, packages can be purchased individually.

Not any longer. Previously both parties in the cabin had to purchase a package but they changed that rule so your friend can get a package and her husband doesn't have to.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Guests in the same state room do not have to buy the same drinks package, so if your friend want to get the drinks package just for herself, then that is perfectly OK. For our upcoming cruise, I have purchased the 'Ultimate' drinks package for me, and the Royal Replenish Package for my partner.

Apparently when the drinks packages were first brought in, everyone in the same state room had to buy the same package, but this is no longer the case.

Hi There,

If they pour the scotch like they did on our NYE cruise on the voyager, you won't need to order a double. They we very strong drinks. Also don't forget to ask for your favourite brand of scotch, otherwise you will get the house brand.

Deidre.:)

Edited by barnsey1802

For our upcoming cruise, I have purchased the 'Ultimate' drinks package for me, and the Royal Replenish Package for my partner.

Apparently when the drinks packages were first brought in, everyone in the same state room had to buy the same package, but this is no longer the case.

I was wondering about the ultimate package, no interest to me but it seems not to include that much different than the premium. But maybe I'm missing something. It just adds OJ, premium coffee (and tea, yeah whatever), and sparkling water, right? Or does it allow you to buy higher end drinks and wine over the 10/12 dollar limits?

I was wondering about the ultimate package, no interest to me but it seems not to include that much different than the premium. But maybe I'm missing something. It just adds OJ, premium coffee (and tea, yeah whatever), and sparkling water, right? Or does it allow you to buy higher end drinks and wine over the 10/12 dollar limits?

The Ultimate package has the same dollar limits as the Premium package.

If I were to choose not to purchase a drink package, how much would It cost me to purchase a cocktail or glass of juice by itself. I don't see myself getting my money's worth out of one of those packages, but I'm curious to see what the average cost of things are.. Does anyone know?

If I were to choose not to purchase a drink package, how much would It cost me to purchase a cocktail or glass of juice by itself. I don't see myself getting my money's worth out of one of those packages, but I'm curious to see what the average cost of things are.. Does anyone know?

Drink menu:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Fresh squeezed OJ is something like $4 to $5.

Edited by clarea

No. One person can purchase any package and the second person can purchase another type of package or no package at all. But they cannot share a package.

BTW, we loved getting the Premium drink package. Well worth it!