Non-Cash Gifts for Staff

BrandiGreg

As a crewmember I can say that most non-cash gifts will probably get put in the waste bin or left behind. It's not because we don't want or appreciate them, it's that there's simply no room to pack them. You all bring 2 suitcases for a 7-day cruise. We bring 2 suitcases for 4-10 months and one of those is just for uniforms. When we get gifts or tips for other crewmembers, such as our cabin stewards (for officers), it's in the form of cash or phone/internet cards (which passengers can't buy).

That's what we thought and for that reason we do cash when warranted. (only when the guys/galls are good :D)

Theo

As a crewmember I can say that most non-cash gifts will probably get put in the waste bin or left behind. It's not because we don't want or appreciate them, it's that there's simply no room to pack them. You all bring 2 suitcases for a 7-day cruise. We bring 2 suitcases for 4-10 months and one of those is just for uniforms. When we get gifts or tips for other crewmembers, such as our cabin stewards (for officers), it's in the form of cash or phone/internet cards (which passengers can't buy).
I have stayed away from this thread for a while, but I think the above post from a crew member says it all. Leave the auto tip on and any additional cash you give them will be theirs to keep. Even calling cards won't help because passengers can't buy the ones they need. Anything other than cash is just a hassle and is not rewarding they for their service. Now I will delete my subscription to this thread :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been lurking on this thread and I have to agree that cash is always welcomed. If you have established a friendship over the years, with a few of the crew and want to give a non-cash gift, then do it. It is helpful that crew can post their thoughts here and give us some insight. :)