First timer questions about the Allure

Hi All! we are boarding next Sunday May 4th...here are my newbie questions ...

1) do waiters or waitresses come around taking drink orders while you're relaxing by the pool or is there a bar nearby?

2) are there many frosty style drinks (frozen daiquiris, etc) or the variety just a few different kinds of drinks?

3) if my daughter is wearing a nice dress but it has a tank top style top to it will she be allowed in the MDR for caudal evenings? Or asked to change?

4) who has the best desserts or snacks available (anytime)?

5) is sorrentos self made pizza allow you to make whatever you want like bacon pizza or BBQ chicken pizza? Is it good?

6) has anyone here gotten a taxi from Mexico to mr sanchos with kids? Rccl doesn't have that as an excursion. I've never been to Mexico before and not sure how bad ppl are outside of the port gates (where you get a taxi)

7) is chocolate milk included or do we have to get a drink package for my 6 yr old? Blue juice?

8) if I only drink 1 coffee, 2 sodas, and 4 or 5 frozen drinks (alcohol) per day should I get a drink package instead? What I would be looking at for added costs?

9) I have a free speciality dining card offer which place would you pick? Why?

10) can you get BBQ ribs, asian or Chinese food, BBQ chicken type foods on the buffet?

11) who serves the best breakfast? I like bacon, sausage, corn beef hash, toast I also like fruits and eggs Benedict style

12)I wasn't able to book all of my shows online can I book when I first get on the boat?

13) which dream works characters are at the breakfast? Is the $10 kids breakfast worth it in order to see them up close?

14) we purchased a bottled water package to be delivered in the room. If we run out can we purchase more while on the ship?

15) is the BBQ on labadee free for all or only select people? Where do they normally hold that and what time?

16) does face painting cost extra?

17) has anyone been to bamboo beach club excursion?

18) what are the chances of me and my girls scoring a barefoot beach cabana ?

19) is Margaritaville in Mexico in port or close by and is it an ok place for kids (6 and 15) to be with me?

20) do you take your kids with you on the excursions or do they tend to stay behind for adventure ocean?

Thanks everyone!!

Tammy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll try Tammy!! See ya next Sunday!!

Hi All! we are boarding next Sunday May 4th...here are my newbie questions ...

1) do waiters or waitresses come around taking drink orders while you're relaxing by the pool or is there a bar nearby? Waiters yes, close bars yes

2) are there many frosty style drinks (frozen daiquiris, etc) or the variety just a few different kinds of drinks?Lots of choices

3) if my daughter is wearing a nice dress but it has a tank top style top to it will she be allowed in the MDR for caudal evenings? Or asked to change? dress code is only suggested, use your own good judgment

4) who has the best desserts or snacks available (anytime)? specialty rest and MDR during dinner, park café, pool side ice cream lots more

5) is sorrentos self made pizza allow you to make whatever you want like bacon pizza or BBQ chicken pizza? Is it good?Pizza is O.K. you can have them make what you want, toppings are limited though

6) has anyone here gotten a taxi from Mexico to mr sanchos with kids? Rccl doesn't have that as an excursion. I've never been to Mexico before and not sure how bad ppl are outside of the port gates (where you get a taxi) taxi in Cozumel is easy, right outside port entry

7) is chocolate milk included or do we have to get a drink package for my 6 yr old? Blue juice?Milks, iced and hot tea and lemonade included, Flavored waters at park café and others also included.

8) if I only drink 1 coffee, 2 sodas, and 4 or 5 frozen drinks (alcohol) per day should I get a drink package instead? What I would be looking at for added costs?sodas are 2.59 plus tip and drinks are approx. 8-10.00 go from there and remember port days it's harder to break even on a package. We do the soda only package and have access to freestyle machines that have 100's of flavors, we pay for alcohol by the drinks, works out better for us.

9) I have a free speciality dining card offer which place would you pick? Why?we only eat what is included with fare can't help.

10) can you get BBQ ribs, asian or Chinese food, BBQ chicken type foods on the buffet?Buffet has most of what your asking for , we don't do windjammer much.

11) who serves the best breakfast? I like bacon, sausage, corn beef hash, toast I also like fruits and eggs Benedict style MDR has all of these mmmmm eggs benedict.... and Johnny Rockets have that style of breakfast, wipeout café has made to order omlets, all included in fare

12)I wasn't able to book all of my shows online can I book when I first get on the boat? possibly if they are not all booked up. even then you can wait at show time and probably get a seat

13) which dream works characters are at the breakfast? Is the $10 kids breakfast worth it in order to see them up close?You should get the Character breakfast for free, call them they will credit your account. You will see different characters not known until time for breakfast

14) we purchased a bottled water package to be delivered in the room. If we run out can we purchase more while on the ship?Yes

15) is the BBQ on labadee free for all or only select people? Where do they normally hold that and what time?free for all. Upgraded buffet is for cabana/suite guests. 11-1 approx

16) does face painting cost extra? yes, not real expensive though unless you choose lots of options

17) has anyone been to bamboo beach club excursion?not us

18) what are the chances of me and my girls scoring a barefoot beach cabana ?barefoot is for suite guests only if you are in a suite contact your consierre

19) is Margaritaville in Mexico in port or close by and is it an ok place for kids (6 and 15) to be with me?it's close and should be ok for kids

20) do you take your kids with you on the excursions or do they tend to stay behind for adventure ocean?Our kids will go with us, we would not leave them behind on ship.

Thanks everyone!!

Tammy

Edited by Brandonclan

Thank you for the response! The specialty dinner is free - it came as part of a package when we purchased it so we do get to choose one for two, free.

I highly doubt I'd leave my kids on the ship I have read about ocean adventure offering outings with kids the same time as adults. I was actually wondering about that.

There is no problem with the dress just because it has a tank top. Taxi's are easy in Cozumel and right outside. all fares are posted. Have a great time. this is an awesome ship and your children will love it. the only speciality restaurant I have done is Chops Grille it was good. Try the roast beef in cafe promenade. They are to die for. Have breakfast at Johnny Rockets - no charge for breakfast. My grand kids love Sorrentos. they have their pizza fix at least twice a day.

I would go to MDR for breakfast when you can, made to order eggs and all the things that you like.

The Promenade Cafe as very good snacks and small plate items. Try the sunflower granola bar it is great!!

I would either go to Chops or Giovanni's for you specialty dinner.

Thank you for the response! The specialty dinner is free - it came as part of a package when we purchased it so we do get to choose one for two, free.

I highly doubt I'd leave my kids on the ship I have read about ocean adventure offering outings with kids the same time as adults. I was actually wondering about that.

As far as the shows, as soon as you board head for "entertainment place" There you can reserve your shows. They hold back a number of bookings online. :)

Edited by janetz

I wanted to follow up on a few of your questions.

3) if my daughter is wearing a nice dress but it has a tank top style top to it will she be allowed in the MDR for caudal evenings? Or asked to change?

The dress is just fine for MDR.

5) is sorrentos self made pizza allow you to make whatever you want like bacon pizza or BBQ chicken pizza? Is it good? No the pizza is not good but I'm from Chicago so perhaps used to the best.

7) is chocolate milk included or do we have to get a drink package for my 6 yr old? Blue juice? Yes they will make chocolate milk for you at anytime.

9) I have a free specialty dining card offer which place would you pick? Why? If you children are joining you, then go to Giovanni's. It is great for the entire family. Chops is great too. So I would use your free card on one and reserve the other one as well.

12)I wasn't able to book all of my shows online can I book when I first get on the boat? You can try but it is best to book online before hand. You can also show up about 20 minutes before the show and get the open spots. Your family may have to break up to find seats.

15) is the BBQ on labadee free for all or only select people? Where do they normally hold that and what time? Free for all people. Open for several hours.

20) do you take your kids with you on the excursions or do they tend to stay behind for adventure ocean? This question is really the one that made me want to answer your questions. My children go on all excursions with me. They LOVE them and help select the ones we go on. It has made some wonderful memories for them. One thing to remember, if you are leaving them on the ship I highly recommend taking the excursions with the cruise and not on your own. If you take the excursion through the ship they will not leave without you if you are late. If you venture out on your own excursion and are late, they will leave without you and your children would be on the ship.

As far as the shows, as soon as you board head for "entertainment place" There you can reserve your shows. They hold back a number of bookings online. :)

Just to add to this, Entertainment Place is on deck 4, forward elevators, near Studio B.

Hi everyone!! I am enjoying the many responses to my questions! Thank you!

When I mentioned the taxis in cozumel... One of the things I've been hearing is that some places outside the port gates are a bit "rough" SOOO what I was really asking when talking about mr sanchos was if I was SAFE to venture out of port and take a cab there? If it were just me I probably wouldn't bat an eye as I've seen some pretty rough places in my lifetime anyway but where I have the girls in tow....just being a protective mom I think!

Thoughts??

Also does anyone know if there are plenty of singles usually on board or that there are single type get togethers?

Thanks all and ONE MORE week!! :eek:

Tammy

Hi everyone!! I am enjoying the many responses to my questions! Thank you!

When I mentioned the taxis in cozumel... One of the things I've been hearing is that some places outside the port gates are a bit "rough" SOOO what I was really asking when talking about mr sanchos was if I was SAFE to venture out of port and take a cab there? If it were just me I probably wouldn't bat an eye as I've seen some pretty rough places in my lifetime anyway but where I have the girls in tow....just being a protective mom I think!

Thoughts??

Also does anyone know if there are plenty of singles usually on board or that there are single type get togethers?

Thanks all and ONE MORE week!! :eek:

Tammy

I found Cozumel to be one of the safest places. The area outside the port is fine. There is some shopping there as well.

Just to add to a previous post. You were correct about the $10 dreamworks charge for breakfast. This is a new fee and IMO not worth it. Plenty of other opportunities on the ship to get up close for free.