Table for 6 - Anytime Dining

Jollyholiday

See the Maitre d for a number of pax as a group they are usually very accommodating booking a group table for a set time, even better if it the same group each night at your preferred time they love that .

How easy is it to get a table for 6 on Anytime Dining? We will be on the Regal on 6th August and prefer to eat at around 8pm.

Will we be able to prebook a table earlier in the day? (This was available on Celebrity)

I think you will be okay at 8:00pm. You can try to book a table by calling the DINE line from your cabin in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

We cruised with two other couples a few years ago and requested a table for 6 in Any Time Dining every evening with no problems. We did not make a reservation for any of the evenings. One evening they did seat us at a table for 8, which was fine, but I felt sorry for the young newlyweds that we were seated with as I am sure they felt a little uncomfortable with a group of older people who all knew each other.

We recently returned from a 30 day b2b2b sailing on the Emerald. Anytime dining for any more than 2 who are willing to share, was difficult. The reservation hotline wouldn't take reservations for the normal dining times ( 5:30 - 7:00). Even speaking to the maître d didn't accomplish our goal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When going to Anytime dining with no reservation, we always ask to sit at a table for six. (With eight people, I rarely can hear anyone other than the two people on either side of me. Princess really should install a few acoustic panels in the dining rooms to cut down on the din.)

As others have said, at 8:00 pm, there is rarely any problem in being assigned to a table for six (no reservation needed). At 7:30, we sometimes have to wait a few minutes, or fend off "pressure" to sit at a table for eight.

John

Thank you for your replies. We are on waitlist for second seating but this seems unlikely.

I do not know how far down on the waitlist you are, but if you do not clear (your cruise card at check-in will let you know for sure), the Matre d' has hours on embarkation day afternoon to take care of requests and he might be able to still get you that second seating. See the Patter that will be in your stateroom for the location and time.

Also, I assume the bookings for your families are linked in the Princess computer system so Princess will know to put you together if you do clear.

If you do clear, it is possible you will be assigned a table for eight along with two other people who you will no doubt want to make a part of your family.