Drink Package-how did you like it?

We don't leave for a year but I know we will for get this package. I am surprised that not everyone has to buy a package if in same cabin. On a NCL cruise a couple years ago I was going to buy their package but I would also have to get soda package for my daughter.

Does it include redbull?

I think it's a good deal and nice not to have any suprises☺️

Take care

Sandi.

We don't leave for a year but I know we will for get this package. I am surprised that not everyone has to buy a package if in same cabin. On a NCL cruise a couple years ago I was going to buy their package but I would also have to get soda package for my daughter.

Does it include redbull?

I think it's a good deal and nice not to have any suprises☺️

Take care

Sandi.

Yes, Red Bull is included in the Ultimate package. Not sure about Premium.

What is the Royal refreshment?

If you don't have any packages, what can you drink that is "free"?

Refreshment is soda only.

Drinks included in the cruise fare: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and juices at breakfast. Some ships also have flavored waters.

Loved the premium drink package and I didn't have to kill myself to break even. About 5-6 mixed drinks throughout the day and I had 1-2 virgin drinks. Also a few bottles of water and that's already over $55. I also had a few beers while playing blackjack. If you spread it out it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see the Royal Refreshment is cheaperfor kids, but what about the other packages?

Can the kids have one package, and grown ups another?

Yes, no problem if kids have a different package.

Red bull is not per say included in the premium package, however a free thinking bartender gave me some good advise on how to correct thatt situation. Order a " virgin vodka/red bull in a tall glass" lol. Throw a few well placed tips around early in the trip and you will be amased how well the bartenders will take care of you. The tip built into the package is split between all bartenders and servers equally, if you write a tip on a ticket it goes 100% to the person providing the service.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

In April 2014 my DD and I sailed to celebrate her college graduation and her first "grown up job"...so I splurged and got the Ultimate package for each of us. I had my doubts that we would be able to drink that much and still stand/walk, but I was wrong. There was almost something liberating about it...absolutely no worries about the bill at the end of the cruise or budgeting for fun.

Virtually anything we wanted was at our disposal...from "designer coffee" or mimosas at breakfast, poolside umbrella drinks onboard or beachside at Labadee, bottled water* as we were leaving the ship at port, before dinner martinis, wine/champagne with dinner, and then an after dinner cocktail during a show or just relaxing. Was it worth it? For us it definitely was. Did I drink more that I normally would have? Definitely did that too, but we have already made the decision to purchase it again on our next trip.

*I do like the tip from the previous poster about stocking up on water as you can to have it available. You just need to remember you can only "purchase" one at a time per card.

Edited by SuzD123

I am not a big drinker and was thinking of getting Royal Replenish. Has anyone tried getting a shot with a virgin drink when they have Royal Replenish? I am thinking that would be cheaper that way, but I don't see prices on shots in any of the menus online.

In April 2014 my DD and I sailed to celebrate her college graduation and her first "grown up job"...so I splurged and got the Ultimate package for each of us. I had my doubts that we would be able to drink that much and still stand/walk, but I was wrong. There was almost something liberating about it...absolutely no worries about the bill at the end of the cruise or budgeting for fun.

Virtually anything we wanted was at our disposal...from "designer coffee" or mimosas at breakfast, poolside umbrella drinks onboard or beachside at Labadee, bottled water* as we were leaving the ship at port, before dinner martinis, wine/champagne with dinner, and then an after dinner cocktail during a show or just relaxing. Was it worth it? For us it definitely was. Did I drink more that I normally would have? Definitely did that too, but we have already made the decision to purchase it again on our next trip.

*I do like the tip from the previous poster about stocking up on water as you can to have it available. You just need to remember you can only "purchase" one at a time per card.

That's the way it should be, we had packages for our recent Brilliance trip and had between 5-8 beverages daily plus tons of bottled water. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am going on the mariner of the seas next week. Do you think they'll be ok with us taking a 4pack of red bull onboard?

It's technically against the rules. I don't recall if people have reported being able to take beverages on board on Mariner. Worst case is they confiscate it.

• 3 weeks later...
I am wondering then how they prevent people from "sharing" a drink plan. For instance, we get it for my husband, and he gets me a frozen drink.

:eek::eek::eek:

I guess they expect you to honor the terms of the purchase

NO SHARING

I drank a ton of bottled water, as well. Each time I passed by a bar, whether I wanted it right then or not, I'd ask for a bottle of water. I always had a few stockpiled in my room, or in my bag. They will not give you two at a time (which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion, but it is what it is) but it is pretty easy to stockpile them. When it was really hot, I'd ask for one, stand there at the bar and drink the whole thing, then ask for another. :)

Do they open the bottles, or can you get them unopened? Can you get beers unopened to keep in room for the balcony later on? I'm thinking of getting the $55 package. Thanks!

Edited by IDcruising

Are wines from the dispensers in the MDR included in the drink package?

Don't know if this answers your question, but DW had the Ultimate Package and every night at dinner-- MDR, Chops, Giovannis-- the directions were she wanted Moscato and don't let the glass get empty. It worked.

On my recent cruise they opened all bottles and poured into glasses (indoors) cups (outdoors?

Plenty of water containers around, take a cup fill it then pour into your water bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by emski83

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is very helpful, so thank you to everyone for the information! Can anyone please tell me if the Royal Replenish includes bottled "still" water (good old regular spring water) and not just sparkling? We have 2 minors with us and want to be able to get regular bottled water for them but the current flyer states sparkling. DH and I will be purchasing Ultimate packages for ourselves.;) Thanks!