Drink Package-how did you like it?

That's the 15% gratutity. Royal changed the terms a few months ago and lowered the base prices a bit, but then added 15%. All the prices went up, except for the Ultimate package which went down.

Do you know when they changed it? The Beverage Packages flyer they emailed me in May states "package prices already include gratuity. Any additional gratuities are at your discretion" Although to be fair the flyer quotes Ultimate @ $65 a day but is actually $55 a day now.

Do you know when they changed it? The Beverage Packages flyer they emailed me in May states "package prices already include gratuity. Any additional gratuities are at your discretion" Although to be fair the flyer quotes Ultimate @ $65 a day but is actually $55 a day now.

It was just a couple months ago so well after May. With the gratuities (service charge) added to the ultimate package it comes out a little less than the original $65/day!

Here is the current flyer:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I just want to address this, it does not need to be 5-6 drinks a day to add up. The ultimate package also includes bottled water, freshly squeezed OJ and starbucks coffee. So if you drink 4 bottles of water, have a coffee in the morning and say 2 espresso's during the day and a freshly squeezed OJ with breakfast you've spent ~$25/day without even touching the booze. So, have 3-4 drinks a day and you're there. Really not hard to do under any combination of what is included. Most vendors will still make you sign.

Financially, I'd rather take my room down a notch and enjoy myself onboard then have a balcony or a suite and have to worry about every dollar I spent on vacation. I had a freshly squeezed OJ every morning along with my cafe Americano from starbucks, I tried a bunch of martini's I would have never even thought to order, I enjoyed starbucks espresso with an afternoon snack and after dinner, drank more than enough water and stayed hydrated during hot days while enjoying beers in between water at the pool. If you add all that up it really is not tough to reach $60/day. Obviously for wine, there's a different package for you! But for literally everything else, the UP is the way to go.

My way of looking at it too! While on a cruise I also have Mimosa's or Bellini's with breakfast, a glass or 2 of wine with dinner & a cordial after dinner in addition to all of the above you posted :)

Can you tell me what the bottled water is that you get with the packages? The fine print says it does not include Evian which is fine by me as I don't like Evian.

The way we see it is that we will be hanging right the premium package price amount per day, so we'd rather lock that in and if we go over now worries of a bill.... depending on the crowd we end up hanging with on the ship that price could be blown out. Rather know what I am spending and be okay with that than have a shock coming off the ship.

The drink package is an absolute no brainer if you are a drinker, especially on vacation. I just got off Oasis yesterday and had the Ultimate Package, my girlfriend did as well. Just the sure luxury of being able to get whatever you want whenever you want was well worth the price. Came out to $442.50 per person for the 7 nights (tips included) and we easily got our moneys worth. I would drink 7 or 8 bottles of water a day, the brand is Geyser Springs from Tennessee nothing fancy but better than the tap. The coffee served in windjammer was terrible so I would get an iced latte every morning from cafe promenade. 2-3 cups of powerade from the remix machines, and about 6 beers 4 frozen cocktails during the day 2 glasses of wine at dinner a shot of baileys on the rocks for desert and some cocktails at the bar afterwards. Drank all of this everyday and nothing was ever more than the package limit, maybe I overindulged a little bit but hey I was on vacation. I can only imagine what my bill would have been without the package.

Not sure why people say your probably not get to the 5-6 drink daily to break even with port days.

Usually back on board in time to enjoy a couple of drinks before dinner, especially Martini's, then a couple with dinner, then at least a couple or more if you go to the shows.

Even port days I will have bailey's with my coffee at breakfast.

That's about $60-$65 without much effort or over indulging.

8 drinks in a 14 hour day IMHO is very doable.

This isn't do-able for me. Eight drinks are waaaaay more liquid calories than my 5' frame can handle in a day.

I just found a cruise that I want to take with my husband and two sons today. It is the 2/20 Enchantment of the Seas 3 day. It stops at CocoCay, and I was wondering if RCI still offered the drink packages on this island. We will be purchasing the Ultimate (that includes Frappes right?).

Thanks everyone!

This isn't do-able for me. Eight drinks are waaaaay more liquid calories than my 5' frame can handle in a day.

My husband and I have only been on two cruises. Neither time did we drink enough to get an advantage with a drink package. We drink a lot of water...and beer. :)

Your bill would've been at least four pages. We have packages for our Allure trip on the 25th this month. I practiced using it on the Brilliance last month and for sure the cruise line lost money on me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just found a cruise that I want to take with my husband and two sons today. It is the 2/20 Enchantment of the Seas 3 day. It stops at CocoCay, and I was wondering if RCI still offered the drink packages on this island. We will be purchasing the Ultimate (that includes Frappes right?).

Thanks everyone!

Yes you can use the package at Cococay. Yes, frappes with the ultimate package!

Edited by readytolose

Just ordered a Premium for me and a Select for DW on a 16 nighter on VOTS out of Sydney, with 11 sea days. First time we have tried this and we plan to give it one heck of a go. After this cruise we go Diamond with the 3 free drinks included each day. Since we will be doing a BTB and have a little OBC on the second cruise we won't get a package for that one (15 nights with 11 at sea) as the kids and grandkids come on board and we have to set an example.......right? :D:D:D

Edited by mildew1951

Could someone tell me the difference between the Royal Replenish and the Royal Refreshment? Thanks, other than a 12.50 a day difference?

Don't you get free coffee at the restaurants? Thanks in advance

Could someone tell me the difference between the Royal Replenish and the Royal Refreshment? Thanks, other than a 12.50 a day difference?

Don't you get free coffee at the restaurants? Thanks in advance

Replenish adds specialty coffee/tea, bottled still and sparking water, fresh squeezed OJ, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Does anyone know what BRAND of alcohol per package, i.e. Smirnoff vs Grey Goose, etc...?

Also, are the alcohol laced coffees included in the premium or just the ultimate package?

The package does not stipulate brands of alcohol, only drink values.

But it does stipulate brands for beer. :beer:

Yes, thanks, I should have mentioned that. I don't understand why Royal has an easy to understand dollar limit on glasses of wine and cocktails, but will not clearly enumerate the beer that's included.