Carnival ruined...

I guess I am the opposite. Carnival ruined Caesar salad for me because it was terrible. Way too many anchovies and tasted very fishy. Now I am afraid to order Caeser salad anywhere else!

On the other hand, I love the spring rolls, just wish they would give me more sauce for them.

This just shows how food quality is very subjective and because it is, I put no stock in negative or positive food reviews!

My wife started to tear up when we saw the new menus, no creme brulee! But from what I hear those and the chilled soups (another wife favorite) are being added back!

We were on the Glory the week of 4/13 and they had the Crème Brulee on the second night (Mon). They told us it was the first night it was back on the menu. I was very excited and it was awesome as usual! The chilled soups weren't back on the menu yet but our waiter remembered my son loved them from our previous cruise and brought him the Strawberry Bisque every night. When my mom tasted it and liked it, he started bringing her one every night too!

We were on the Glory the week of 4/13 and they had the Crème Brulee on the second night (Mon). They told us it was the first night it was back on the menu. I was very excited and it was awesome as usual! The chilled soups weren't back on the menu yet but our waiter remembered my son loved them from our previous cruise and brought him the Strawberry Bisque every night. When my mom tasted it and liked it, he started bringing her one every night too!

Sounds like an all star of a waiter! One of my buddies sailed on the Valor in November last year, said the creme brûlée wasn't good. We're not friends anymore.:p

Carnival Ruined........

Land vacations ....... After the 1st one....only a Cruise Will Do :D

I'm totally with this poster...though Disney World will do too (i have a 5 yr old niece)

Very easy to make :) This is from the Carnival cookbook from the chefs table

Dressing

2 egg yolks

1Tbsp. lemon juice

1Tbsp. white vinegar

1Tsp. chopped anchovy fillet

1Tsp.worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp. minced garlic

1 cup vegetable oil

1 head of romaine

1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

1 cup croutons

In a blender blend all dressing ingredients well except the oil.With the blender running slowly add the oil until thickened.Chill dressing until ready to serve

Heres another easy one

Chilled strawberry soup

2 cups of strawberries

2 cups of milk

1 cup whipping cream

1/2 cup sour cream

sugar

blend everything on high until smooth.chill overnight

Edited by mikel24m

Escargot--never cared for it until I had it on Carnival. Now I always tell them I'm going to have 2 every night they serve it.

Cream of mushroom soup--so fresh. Yummy.

Bacon Mac n Cheese--addictive.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, Grand Marnier Souffle, Bitter n Blanc, Diet Orange cake--just can't get anything like those anywhere else.

• 10 months later...

Hello my cruise critic friends! With the 2.0 upgrades more widespread, and the ongoing new menu rollout....thought I might try and revive this one in anticipation of our shortly upcoming Freedom cruise!

So....anything so "awful" I just have to have it?

Ah, I never knew about the anchovies in the Caesar salad dressing until reading this thread! My wife and I were commenting that it tasted a bit fishy when we were on the Liberty in November... the fishiness wasn't overpowering at all though and we quite enjoyed it.

Escargot.

I make everyone in my family order it (none like it but me) and eat mine and theirs as the main course. Yes, it is rich. Yes, it is sky high in calories but I get it with a salad and add an extra couple of laps to the walking track LOL.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove it.

Escargot.

I make everyone in my family order it (none like it but me) and eat mine and theirs as the main course. Yes, it is rich. Yes, it is sky high in calories but I get it with a salad and add an extra couple of laps to the walking track LOL.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove it.

My wife loves them too. I tried them once. Tasted like garlic buttered rubber bands to me. :p

But, hey, I applaud anyone who loves to eat them!

I guess I am in the minority as I didn't really care very much for the Caesar salad I had in the main dining room on our last cruise. I wasn't very hungry so just ordered an appetizer and the Caesar salad that night. The dressing just wasn't flavorful at all, and I saw two tiny little pieces of anchovy and would have liked a lot more of that! When I order pizza at home I ask for double anchovies sometimes. :)

Love the chilled soups though, tiramisu (miss the creme brulee), the duck appetizer, and the Greek salad on the buffet. I wish they would have had Greek salad every day on the buffet, I would never get tired of that.

I guess I am in the minority as I didn't really care very much for the Caesar salad I had in the main dining room on our last cruise. I wasn't very hungry so just ordered an appetizer and the Caesar salad that night. The dressing just wasn't flavorful at all, and I saw two tiny little pieces of anchovy and would have liked a lot more of that! When I order pizza at home I ask for double anchovies sometimes. :)

Love the chilled soups though, tiramisu (miss the creme brulee), the duck appetizer, and the Greek salad on the buffet. I wish they would have had Greek salad every day on the buffet, I would never get tired of that.

Even the shorter crises now offer creme brûlée on elegant night.

Even the shorter crises now offer creme brûlée on elegant night.

Well I love that dessert...and think they do a good job from photos only.

I am so into several soups....pumpkin or squash type, and cold fruit ones....bing cherry and strawberry especially. I see they are back on new menus. I had the strawberry for dinner and again dessert one evening...with several other young gals who asked me to join them for dessert when they heard my order...

Carnival did not ruin it for me.....but do it as good as any good restaurant...will have to start doing at home. The soups that is...

Sarah

Edited by sjn911