Freestyle Machines great, IF.....

If you can get to them. The only one on Jewel was in Windjammer which isn't always open. And they great if all the flavors are available. The machine on Jewel ran out of Diet Coke the first or second day and lots of other options also disappeared. That didn't change the rest of the cruise. Also they were having problems with the chips in the cups activating the machine, they replaced my wifes cup once and my daughters twice. Guess there are some bugs to work out:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

We were on the Freedom at the beginning of the month. The freestyle machines were out of diet coke on the first day until after I complained to guest services. Then on day seven they were out of diet coke and caffeine free diet coke. It was annoying to stand in line with your cup and get to the machine and find it empty of your drink choice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you can get to them. The only one on Jewel was in Windjammer which isn't always open. And they great if all the flavors are available. The machine on Jewel ran out of Diet Coke the first or second day and lots of other options also disappeared. That didn't change the rest of the cruise. Also they were having problems with the chips in the cups activating the machine, they replaced my wifes cup once and my daughters twice. Guess there are some bugs to work out:rolleyes:

Were you able to get a can of Diet Coke from one of the bars? I will be upset if I have paid for the service and not get to use it because they run out of Diet Coke.

Were you able to get a can of Diet Coke from one of the bars? I will be upset if I have paid for the service and not get to use it because they run out of Diet Coke.

You can get a glass of Diet Coke from the bar fountains anytime if you have one of the drink packages. They usually will not give you cans unless you pay extra.

You can get a glass of Diet Coke from the bar fountains anytime if you have one of the drink packages. They usually will not give you cans unless you pay extra.

Thank you, I wont mind getting it from the bar if the FreeStyle machines in Windjammer run out.

Is there a $6.50 "coke-only" drink package on Brilliance without freestyle?:confused:

Yes, you get soda from a bar or restaurant. Choice of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, soda water, or tonic water.

on the Allure back last May. i found only once they ran out of peach flavour and by the next time i went back few hours later it was there again. Then again Luckly on the Allure they had at least 4 machines.

I honnestly think they should have these on all ships regardless of the port they are stagged in. Should not just be usa ports

We were on the Freedom at the beginning of the month. The freestyle machines were out of diet coke on the first day until after I complained to guest services. Then on day seven they were out of diet coke and caffeine free diet coke. It was annoying to stand in line with your cup and get to the machine and find it empty of your drink choice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I use one of the Freestyle machines at a Mr. Goodcents at lunch. When the selection that you want is out, the selection is grayed out. I can usually see this from across the restaurant. I don't know if it is possible to tell this with the ship's machines.

By now, RCI knows about how many boxes or containers of each flavor they run through on a cruse and should not be running out. Also, someone should be in charge on maintaining the machines so they don't run out of a flavor for days.

The freestyle machines are a good feature, but only if the cruise line maintains them.

With the drink packages being sold more, bet many that didn't get soda package before suddenly have a mug and are looking to rehydrate and now using the machines. They likely need more of them and stocked more often as sell more drink packages.

By now, RCI knows about how many boxes or containers of each flavor they run through on a cruse and should not be running out. Also, someone should be in charge on maintaining the machines so they don't run out of a flavor for days.

The freestyle machines are a good feature, but only if the cruise line maintains them.

Agree. Many who didn't buy the soda package in the old days, b/c they didn't like the limited selection and didn't like bugging bartenders for refills knowing they would prefer working on a $10 boozy drink, buy it specifically BECAUSE of the freestyle machines.

RCCL doesn't want people to stop buying soda cards and bringing on their own soda b/c they run into lines b/c not enough of machines or they are not being restocked properly.

On the Axiom, you just sit in your floating robot chairs and they bring you 128oz cups of whatever you want all day long. THAT is a much better deal.

And we all weigh 300lbs! But hey, we don't have to actually move so it is all good. :D

Interesting. I'm on Jewel next week. I don't know how long Jewel has had them, but maybe there is some weight to the bugs works out thought. My review of Allure (Go back in my post history to about May 10th 2013, you will see I had lots of problems with the machines on Allure. I will acknowledge as well that I was in a minority of people who had been on Allure in previous and successive weeks. I will report back in about 2 weeks. We had no problem on Majesty last October.

I wish I had taken pictures of the problems on Allure last time, but I didn't.

Edited by BillOh

on the Allure back last May. i found only once they ran out of peach flavour and by the next time i went back few hours later it was there again. Then again Luckly on the Allure they had at least 4 machines.

I honnestly think they should have these on all ships regardless of the port they are stagged in. Should not just be usa ports

Allure has 7 machines, 4 in the WJ, 1 in the wipeout cafe and 2 next to Sorrentos. Besides being just out of flavors, 2 of those 7 machines were totally unusable much of the cruise.

Agree. Many who didn't buy the soda package in the old days, b/c they didn't like the limited selection and didn't like bugging bartenders for refills knowing they would prefer working on a $10 boozy drink, buy it specifically BECAUSE of the freestyle machines.

You are exactly right. A tip, if you hide your freestyle official cup from view, you will get faster service, especially at the pool bar.

I know, "Save the Waves" and all that (+ microchip), but am I the only one who has a problem with having to carry around and reuse the special cup? Thinking of packing a small bottle of dish detergent, or just ordering from the bar if I want a soda pop.