Cruises on sale-I got BIG price drop!

BratDet

Hi all,

I knew about cruises on sale for the Caribbean...but did not know if my cabin would qualify for the drop...esp. as I had to call the travel agent the other day to switch a few things...and Princess & TA never mentioned the fare.....

So..I called yesterday to make sure both cabins were marked meta upgrade only....and asked them to check if my fare was now able to be lowered...

Well- it went down OVER 600$ AND my OBC went up ANOTHER 125$.for my CB Caribe balcony (which appears to be sold out)..all for a change fee of 25$...and changing my FCC deposit of 200$ as non-refundable...

I have always read of others getting a sweeter deal....first time it ever happened for me!!

Bernadette

Hi all,

I knew about cruises on sale for the Caribbean...but did not know if my cabin would qualify for the drop...esp. as I had to call the travel agent the other day to switch a few things...and Princess & TA never mentioned the fare.....

So..I called yesterday to make sure both cabins were marked meta upgrade only....and asked them to check if my fare was now able to be lowered...

Well- it went down OVER 600$ AND my OBC went up ANOTHER 125$.for my CB Caribe balcony (which appears to be sold out)..all for a change fee of 25$...and changing my FCC deposit of 200$ as non-refundable...

I have always read of others getting a sweeter deal....first time it ever happened for me!!

Bernadette

Good work, enjoy.:D

Congrats! FYI, the only change fee I've ever heard of Princess charging is if you change a passenger on a booking after final payment. TAs sometimes have change fees and I'd recommend never using a TA that does. There are other TAs that will discount your fare to start with and never charge a change fee.

Guest USC Traveler

i always check princess prices every couple of weeks when i'm booked on a cruise. well, i'm booked on a mexican cruise in november and when i checked the prices a few weeks ago, the price had gone down around $150 but princess was now giving $200 obc. i emailed and ta and she lowered my price and then increased my obc.

last week, i checked the prices again and this time, princess had lowered my price by $500 but the obc went back to $100. i emailed my ta and again she lowered my price but had to remove the $200 obc. she said princess would not honor the previous $200 obc. it was ok with since i was now saving around $700 on my cruise from the original pricing. i use a ta that never charges a change fee, thanks to pam in ca! who knows, maybe princess will lower the price again. the cruise doesn't appear to be selling well.

you are right...

but I did use the same TA for last years 12 day Grand Med on Royal...worked well

I used to use an on-line (name not mentioned) site that worked well for other cruises,

but decided to try this TA and it was good for the OBC and pricing...

Having to spend money now for a price adjustment

before final payment does make me want to find another option for my NEXT cruise... ;)

Bernadette

i always check princess prices every couple of weeks when i'm booked on a cruise. well, i'm booked on a mexican cruise in november and when i checked the prices a few weeks ago, the price had gone down around $150 but princess was now giving $200 obc. i emailed and ta and she lowered my price and then increased my obc.

last week, i checked the prices again and this time, princess had lowered my price by $500 but the obc went back to $100. i emailed my ta and again she lowered my price but had to remove the $200 obc. she said princess would not honor the previous $200 obc. it was ok with since i was now saving around $700 on my cruise from the original pricing. i use a ta that never charges a change fee, thanks to pam in ca! who knows, maybe princess will lower the price again. the cruise doesn't appear to be selling well.

Sounds like you are getting the advantage on the price despite losing the OBC. i think as long as you end up in front financially, it doesn't matter.:D