Allure and my time dining questions

Hello,

We chose early dining because we knew about the advance payment on the gratuities which our cruise agency offered they pay this for us, so there was no need for us to pay them.

We have a few questions:

Does My Time Dining book up? When can we change to my time dining and where would we do this?

For those who had my time dining, we are a family of 7 adults, would the wait be long?

We have four evenings booked at specialty dining...we may consider Izumi but heard a lot of negative things about it, any opinions and suggestions whether we should avoid or go?

You can book on the ship, if there is space. If you want to do it now, apparently your TA paid your tips....so it's paid, regardless of which dining you choose. Everyone, no matter what the type of dining, pays the same.

If you want to book on the ship, head to the dining room on boarding day, and request it.

With a group of 7, you will need reservations, as a larger party (above 4) is harder to seat...most tables are for 2-4. If there is a wait, it shouldn't be long....it's like any restaurant.

Can't help you with Izumi.

I called today both RC and cruise agency and was told they only send out the money to RC from corporate a week before the cruise and its up to RC to credit our shipboard account...I do hope they will credit us.

My question also is if we are only dining in the MDR two evenings and we get rejected for my time dining, I only see it a problem because I am sure many others are on wait list for main seating, I hate to occupy something we won't be using, I do hope RC/Maitre'd will give us my time dining so that somebody can have our main seating...I can prove we have paid for the remaining nights specialty dining I do hope we get the my time.

I called today both RC and cruise agency and was told they only send out the money to RC from corporate a week before the cruise and its up to RC to credit our shipboard account...I do hope they will credit us.

My question also is if we are only dining in the MDR two evenings and we get rejected for my time dining, I only see it a problem because I am sure many others are on wait list for main seating, I hate to occupy something we won't be using, I do hope RC/Maitre'd will give us my time dining so that somebody can have our main seating...I can prove we have paid for the remaining nights specialty dining I do hope we get the my time.

Ask your TA to switch you to my time dining now. And because you are a large group, make reservations the day you board the ship for your preferred my time dining time.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Crucon cruise outlet says they are unable to change us that we will have to do it ourselves when we board. :confused:

Ok. It could be that my time ding is full, and you'll have to ask them to change it once you board.

They never even checked to see if it was available I called today they told me that they are unable to do it that I have to, they didn't even have me on hold to check and see if its available.

If we don't do it asap when we board but do it after we get our cabins do you feel we be too late in getting my time dining? I don't really want to carry our carry ons all over the ship with us.

They never even checked to see if it was available I called today they told me that they are unable to do it that I have to, they didn't even have me on hold to check and see if its available.

If we don't do it asap when we board but do it after we get our cabins do you feel we be too late in getting my time dining? I don't really want to carry our carry ons all over the ship with us.

No one can really tell you a reliable answer to that question.

You don''t have to lug your carry ons. Only one person in the party needs to go to the MTD desk. The others can sit in a lounge/buffet/pool deck/etc. with the bags.

You usually can't get to your cabin before 1 pm, so depending on when you board, I would do it ASAP. If you can't change it and decide to eat in the windjammer, just let your head waiter know that you won't be in the MDR so they won't be looking for you. Enjoy your cruise!